Start by marking “What's Wrong with My Hair?” as Want to Read:
What's Wrong with My Hair?

What's Wrong with My Hair?

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  37 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Lionel is going to a party today, so he must do something about his bad hair. He finds a barber who has lots of crazy suggestions for hairstyles, from dandelion hair to octopus hair! Will Lionel find a style that suits him, and what will be the surprise ending?

A head-sized hole in each page allows children to try out Lionel's hairstyles for themselves, and the back cover h
Board Book, 32 pages
Published April 20th 2009 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published October 4th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about What's Wrong with My Hair?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What's Wrong with My Hair?

Amaal
Title: What’s Wrong With My Hair
Author: Satoshi Kitamura
Date of Publication: 2007
Genre: Picture Book
Annotations: This book is about a Lion named Lionel. Lionel has a party to go to and needs a new hair do. What comes next? We’ll see!

It was the picture on the cover page that got my attention with this book. The pictures are so cute and well done! Very colorful! I can see how this book can be entertaining for children. It can also help children relate to expression/emotions and how they feel abou
Alex Bemis
I thought this was a cute book for children to read. It is about a lion who is trying to find the right hair style. This would be a great book to read to young children.
Hilary
Gimmicky book (child can put his/her face in the masks at the beginning and end of the book). I particularly liked the octopus and tsunami hairstyles, as my hair is sometimes prone to the same look. Reminiscent of "Dandelion" by Don Freeman.
Becky
This cute, funny novelty board book features a large oval cutout in the center of each page, so kids can put their own face in and "try on" each of the lion's crazy hairdos. One-note, yes, but good for some giggles and fun photo-ops.
Polly
Fabulously fun for baby story time, especially if you can pass it around at the end and let everyone try the "hair" themselves!
CLM
Dec 17, 2009 CLM rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to CLM by: Amazon
Shelves: animals, picturebooks
Not quite as cute as I expected but my niece with the crazy hair will like it.
Connie
Mar 31, 2010 Connie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: jv
Lion has to choose a hairstyle to go to a party--it's a winner!
PWRL
Dec 04, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read
SM
Mio
Mio marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
MrsMaryLibrary
MrsMaryLibrary marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2014
Adrianat
Adrianat marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2014
Veronica Molina
Veronica Molina marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2013
Jason Beyer
Jason Beyer marked it as to-read
May 18, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Satoshi Kitamura has won several awards, including the Mother Goose Award, the National Art Library Award from the Victoria and Albert Museum, and a Nestle Children’s Book Prize Silver Medal. He lives in Japan.
More about Satoshi Kitamura...
Me and My Cat? Millie's Marvellous Hat When Sheep Cannot Sleep: The Counting Book Pablo the Artist Cat Is Sleepy