Start by marking “Alienated” as Want to Read:
Alienated

Alienated

Best friends Gene Brennick and Vince Haskell come across freaky aliens like Mold Man, Calamari Girl, and Crumble Bun all the time as reporters for their homemade weekly tabloid, the Globe, a newsletter featuring stories on the aliens living quietly among humans in Santa Rosa, California.

Gene and Vince's classmates don't take their articles too seriously -- no one does, r
Published October 6th 2009 by Aladdin (first published September 14th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Alienated, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alienated

Sherry
Sci Fi for Breakfast Book Club?
per Amazon:
Age Range: 8 - 12 years

Grade Level: 3 - 7

Lexile Measure: 780L (What's this?)

Paperback: 352 pages
Publisher: Aladdin; Reprint edition (October 12, 2010)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 141698299X
ISBN-13: 978-1416982999
From School Library Journal

Grade 5–8—Best friends Gene and Vince go on rollicking adventures to track down and interview aliens who are living on Earth incognito. Though no one believes that the stories they write for their self-published newslet
Christina
Feb 27, 2014 Christina rated it really liked it
By a 9 year old boy: "Alienated is a slow paced book but it keeps you predicting what will happen next. Its about a boy named Gene who tries to stop an alien's evil sister from destroying the Earth for the alien's uncle's birthday. The characters are well-developed and conversation was a bit contrived though entertaining. I think the book was overall a saisfactory read and I would recommend it. Do not try and rush through or you will miss the details."

By the adult mother: "I recommend this book
Megan Curtis
Jun 03, 2011 Megan Curtis rated it really liked it
I really liked this book because it pulls you right in to the story. When these two guys go searching for creatures that nobody knows of they get in a lot of trouble. They are the type of boys that always get in trouble and have a normal teenage life. When trying to prove any creature is real they always end up destroying something and nearly going to jail. This is their last chance they damaged many buildings and have to find a way to not go into jail. They get the alien creature to be seen in ...more
Morninglight Mama
Jan 17, 2016 Morninglight Mama rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s, fiction
This book cracked me up, once I decided to pretend I was a 10 year old boy reading it. The preteen boy perspective isn't one that I can claim to understand, but I could recognize certain familiar traits in these characters. This story is as wild as the cover- aliens are all around us, blending in on our planet as an escape from the other-worldly terrors that we can't even imagine! From Mold Man to Crumble Bun to Arachnid Boy, the aliens have "powers" that are as funny as they are incredible. A ...more
Barbra
Oct 24, 2013 Barbra rated it it was amazing
Two of the most unpopular kids in school, Gene and Vince, produce a school newsletter about aliens. They interview weird beings like Mold Man, Crumble Bun and Hip Hop Sasquatch for fun, but when they reveal a little too much about the school guidance teacher, they find themselves in the middle of an intergalactic feud between a brother and sister. This adventure science fiction is good for lots of laughs.

An entertaining read for ages nine to 12.
Jack
Sep 21, 2015 Jack rated it it was amazing
Awesome book! I totally recommend this book to people who like sci-fi. This book is about two kids named Gene and Vince who are reporters for their school magazine. The like to find and report about aliens. Some aliens are Hip-Hop Sasquatch, Arachnid Boy, Fish Foot, Crumble Bun and many more. I wont write any more because it would spoil the book.
Jonathan K
Jan 19, 2012 Jonathan K rated it it was ok
I thought this was an interesting book. it was about two kids who studied and found this little alien. It had many gross things in it. I personally thought this book was ok but there really was no main problem in the story. I would only recommend this to certain people. It jumped right into a major part in the story and the ending was not so great.
Max Ostrovsky
May 16, 2016 Max Ostrovsky rated it it was ok
I'd like to say that the tone of the book was Douglas Adams for kids. I'd like to say that. It really could have been that. It seemed that the seeds were all there for something truly fun - even if for YA readers, fun for adults, too.
I think this would only be fun for a very small number of YA readers. Skip and go straight to Douglas Adams - at any age.
Patricia Kaniasty
Apr 07, 2016 Patricia Kaniasty rated it really liked it
This was a really fun read. I loved all the alien characters. This story is full of adventure and humor. Great for all ages. The ending was left open for more books. Hope there will be more.
Emily Ann
Nov 03, 2013 Emily Ann rated it it was ok
I did not like the main character really, too annoying. The thought was good but the way the writers played it out wasn't the best.
Carterkempgmail.Com
Mar 07, 2016 Carterkempgmail.Com rated it liked it
A couple teenagers have a hobby writing about the extraterrestrials who live among us. This book is pretty squarely aimed at middle school boys, who will probably find it pretty funny.
Hannah Daffinson
Hannah Daffinson rated it liked it
May 28, 2016
Grid Di Angelo
Grid Di Angelo rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2015
Ray
Ray rated it really liked it
May 08, 2016
Robert Lee
Robert Lee rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2013
Kate
Kate rated it it was ok
Oct 06, 2009
Carmen
Carmen rated it really liked it
May 09, 2016
Kathy Mulholland
Kathy Mulholland rated it it was ok
Jan 06, 2014
Albert Eddinger
Albert Eddinger rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2016
Zander B.
Zander B. rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2016
Zeding Zhang
Zeding Zhang rated it really liked it
May 21, 2013
Lesley Scen
Lesley Scen rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2015
Sarah Knuppel
Sarah Knuppel rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2010
spatulaflipper
spatulaflipper rated it liked it
Jun 23, 2014
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2015
Sharon
Sharon rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2016
Bukabuda
Bukabuda rated it liked it
Aug 22, 2015
Virginia
Virginia rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2010
Sarah rated it did not like it
Jul 08, 2014
Andrew Auseon is a writer of novels for young people, and a designer of video games. He holds a B.A. from Ohio University and a Masters of Fine Arts in Creative Writing for Children and Young Adults from the prestigious Vermont College.

He lives in Baltimore, Maryland with his wife, Sarah Zogby, and their two daughters.
More about Andrew Auseon...