Start by marking “Back To Brooklyn” as Want to Read:
Back To Brooklyn

Back To Brooklyn

The controversial, over-the-top crime-thriller, Back to Brooklyn, is finally collected! Big Bob Saetta made the biggest mistake of his life by pissing off his brother, one of the biggest and most brutal crime bosses in New York City. This is the story of two brothers at war, wrapped in a special package of extreme language and hardcore violence. Join award-winning writer ...more
Published July 21st 2009 by Image Comics (first published June 29th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Back To Brooklyn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Back To Brooklyn

Wesley
Mar 28, 2013 Wesley rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
This book collects the five issue series from Image Comics. The story was by Jimmy Palmiotti and Garth Ennis and was written by Garth Ennis with art by Mihailo Vukelic. Hopefully Ennis requires no introduction from me as he is one of my favourite writers and I have written about him and some of his books on this blog. Jimmy Palmiotti is a writer and inker who often collaborates with Justin Gray and had a five year run on Jonah Hex. This series marked the comic book debut of Mihailo Vukelic.

Bob S
Tiara
May 12, 2011 Tiara rated it liked it
I thought I was going to end up giving this two stars, but things picked up for me near the end of the second book to the ending. I liked that Bob waged a personal war against his family to bring down his brother and save his family, but the beginning was far too quick for me. It kept me interested, but this wasn't something I felt like I NEEDED to continue until the about the middle of part of the second part. This turns out as you expect.

You know from the beginning that there aren't going to
MekkGyver
Nov 20, 2013 MekkGyver rated it liked it
a simple yet effective revenge story. The longer it goes on the more predictable and generic it gets. The supposedly shocking twist is silly and off-putting. The protagonist is a murdering criminal but since the people he's gunning for are so over the top-evil this is basically just another Punisher story. I woulda enjoyed reading a mob story by Ennis which didn't just revolve around a man killing a bunch of mobsters. He definitely has the dialogue and characters down.
Joseph Young
Aug 15, 2016 Joseph Young rated it liked it
arjuna
May 09, 2013 arjuna rated it really liked it
Lovely - and very strange - art that grows on you; pacy, bleak and nasty story about familial tensions between a couple of fairly repulsive criminals. No real surprises story-wise but tense and bloody enough to remain interesting throughout. Good stuff.
Bill Fletcher
Aug 28, 2013 Bill Fletcher rated it really liked it
I'm not sure this is Garth Ennis at his best, but even minor Ennis is better than most of the stuff out there.
David Turko
Oct 12, 2016 David Turko rated it liked it
well this was messed up. I enjoyed it but man. A bit too violent if you ask me.
Stien
Sep 13, 2010 Stien rated it liked it
Final twist, mob, plot about pedophiles, not that engaging but compelling.
Jamie
Jul 17, 2009 Jamie rated it liked it
Shelves: graphicnovels
A little harsh for my tastes, but solidly done.
Bookwench69
Aug 05, 2012 Bookwench69 rated it liked it
Shelves: got-it, fiction
Bloody, violent mob story. One weekend in the life of two brothers. Really liked the art.
Joe
Joe rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2013
Jack Moloney
Jack Moloney rated it liked it
Oct 18, 2010
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2011
Part Machine
Part Machine rated it it was ok
Mar 27, 2017
Martin Lund
Martin Lund rated it liked it
Oct 20, 2014
Jacob
Jacob rated it really liked it
Dec 09, 2010
David Bunegar
David Bunegar rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2011
Darren R.
Darren R. rated it really liked it
May 01, 2011
Brandon
Brandon rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2015
Jeremiah Gleim
Jeremiah Gleim rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2017
T
T rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2014
Batgimp
Batgimp rated it really liked it
Feb 20, 2014
Badjeremie
Badjeremie rated it really liked it
Aug 23, 2010
Lasse Poulsen
Lasse Poulsen rated it liked it
May 24, 2016
Steely Ben
Steely Ben rated it liked it
Oct 15, 2012
Alex
Alex rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2013
Chip James
Chip James rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2016
Chuck Messinger
Chuck Messinger rated it liked it
Mar 04, 2012
Nicholas Bond
Nicholas Bond rated it liked it
Nov 01, 2011
Greg
Greg rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Ennis began his comic-writing career in 1989 with the series Troubled Souls. Appearing in the short-lived but critically-acclaimed British anthology Crisis and illustrated by McCrea, it told the story of a young, apolitical Protestant man caught up by fate in the violence of the Irish 'Troubles'. It spawned a sequel, For a Few Troubles More, a broad Belfast-based comedy featuring two supporting ch ...more
More about Garth Ennis...