Biscuit and the Little Pup

Biscuit and the Little Pup (World of Biscuit Beginning Reader)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  135 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Arf! Arf!

When Biscuit finds a little pup in the park, he wants the pup to play with him. But the little pup won't come over to look at Biscuit's ball or to chew on a bone. In fact, he won't come out of his cozy hideaway at all! Is the little pup lost?

How will Biscuit get the little pup to come out? Can he help his new friend's owner find the little pup too?

Biscuit continue...more
Published December 26th 2007 by HarperCollins

Eva Leger
Biscuit books were some of the very first books Julia fell in love with. When I saw this at the store I snatched it up and brought it home to her and she thought I was going to read the story to her. While she isn't yet learning to read I figured I can use it to at least get her started.
And that's what we did. I think this book and those like it are very valuable tools for getting a child ready to start learning to read. Julia has fun not only listening to the story but finding the words she al...more
Schmobes
Kiddo didn't want to read this one. He thought it was going to be too hard, until I opened it to the first page. Then he said "oh, this is EASY!" and read it no problem. don't judge a book by it's cover. Good level 1+.
Ginny Marie
Biscuit books aren't designed to make parents love them, but they are written to make children proud of reading them by themselves. Biscuit and the Little Pup is a great book for a beginning reader.
Tiffany
My little one said this was awesome, so she is giving it 5 stars.
Meg McGregor
I absolutely love Biscuit and this time he meets a new pup in the park who seems to be lost. Biscuit takes the little one under his paw and tries to get him to play and not be afraid.

I want a puppy like Biscuit and I bet your little one will too!
Dolly
Dec 22, 2008 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: 2008, childrens, pets
Short story about a puppy, Biscuit, and his friend. Not too much to it. A decent book for young children just learning to read. Our youngest really likes this series and these books are helping her gain confidence in her reading skills.
Heather Bowden
This book is strictly for beginning readers. The book lacked a story, it's a good book for them but I don't even like that they chose to put in all the "woof, woof and arf, arf".
Super Duper Ian
Read this one at a table at the library. Didn't even bother to bring it home. Only one more Biscuit book to go (that we know of).
Mac
I dislike Biscuit even though my daughter loves him. There are better books out there for learning to read or for simple reading.
Laura Elizabeth
Great reads for smaller children. My niece was learning to read and loved trying to read these and feeling great when she was able to!
Ashley
A story for younger readers. Biscuit finds a new friend and they will have fun adventures together exploring their world.
Brittany Perry
Two pups double the fun. My son laughed out loud at this book. Proving once again that this author knows how to deliver.
Jill
I really like the Biscuit early readers. My own child successfully completed these and he felt so accomplished!
Kristen
Read this at the library with Robert. Didn't seem interested; Biscuit may not be as much a favorite anymore.
Kaitlin Weiler
I love Biscuit. The children in my library will read all of the Biscuit books.
Victoria Chafin
kids liked it a lot. they wished it was longer.
Jen
Easy for emerging readers/dog lovers!
Ruth
An 'I Can Read Book"
Katie Davis
Katie Davis marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Davina
Davina added it
Jun 28, 2014
Megan
Megan added it
Jun 25, 2014
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Alyssa Satin Capucilli was born in Brooklyn, New York, in 1957. She graduated from Sarah Lawrence College, and pursued her interest in dance, becoming a professional dancer and dance instructor. Though Capucilli had written stories, poems, and even puppet shows as a child, she didn't consider a career as a writer until after her own two children were born. To this day she sees herself as both a da...more
More about Alyssa Satin Capucilli...
Biscuit Goes to School Biscuit Biscuit Finds a Friend Bathtime for Biscuit Biscuit and the Baby