Start by marking “Who Killed Change?: Solving the Mystery of Leading People Through Change” as Want to Read:
Who Killed Change?: Solving the Mystery of Leading People Through Change

Who Killed Change?: Solving the Mystery of Leading People Through Change

3.55  ·  Rating Details  ·  244 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Who Killed Change?

Solving the Mystery of Leading People Through Change

Every day organizations around the world launch change initiatives—often big, expensive ones—designed to improve the status quo. Yet 50 to 70 percent of these change efforts fail. A few perish suddenly, but many die painful, protracted deaths that drain the organization's resources, energy and morale.

Wh
Published May 26th 2009 by William Morrow (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Who Killed Change?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Who Killed Change?

Negar
Dec 28, 2014 Negar rated it liked it
Shelves: translated, 2014
مادرم مدیره، برای همین هر چند وقت یه بار یکی از این جور کتابا رو هدیه می گیره و می ذاره یه جای خونه :دی منم بعضی وقتا از زور بیکاری - یا حوصله نداشتن برای خوندن امتحان عربی فردا :| - میرم یکی شو بر می دارم می خونم :-"

وقتی بازش کردم، بعد از خوندن یه چهار پنج خط از وسطش قیافه م این : :/ شکلی شده بود و مدام فکر می کردم چه لوس :-" ولی به شکل باور نکردنی ای مجبور شدم از اول باز کنم و بخونمش. زود هم تموم شد...

داستان یه کارآگاهه، که بعد از گزارش مرگ « تغییر » میره و از عوامل سازمانی درگیر این موضوع با
Kim
May 01, 2012 Kim rated it it was ok
Shelves: work
This book is told in a mystery story format; which one of many organizational characters killed the Change initiative? It was too juvenile for my taste. The only redeeming part, for me, was the last chapter - Helping Change Thrive in Your Organization, where he provides best practices and questions to ask to help develop an action plan for change that stands a chance of succeeding.
Beth Peninger
Mar 27, 2016 Beth Peninger rated it it was amazing

Ah change. Us humans hate it. We kick against it, we fight it, we whine about it. It unsettles us, makes us uncomfortable, and we squirm when it's presented. In this parable Change has died and the suspect list is long. Through a two day interview session with all the suspects the Agent discovers why Change passed away. It turns out it wasn't just one person/responsibility to be blamed for the demise of Change but it was the culmination of many neglects, refusals, lack of teamwork, and laziness.
Oleg Kagan
Jun 19, 2012 Oleg Kagan rated it did not like it
Shelves: business-fables
No one expects business fables to have much literary merit, still, even a short didactic story should be entertaining. Who Killed Change? is a clever spin on the business fable genre, it presents the story as a mystery where noir-style detective Agent McNally must discover who killed "Change". While the message in the book doesn't have anything obviously wrong with it, the story is pitiful, even for the genre.

Aside the fact that Who Killed Change? is completely predictable (surprise: Everyone di
Sidhartha Barik
Mar 14, 2013 Sidhartha Barik rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have always loved Ken’s work. His style to personify the traits and values has really a deep impact on reader’s mind.

Who killed Change? is a story of a murder of a person named “Change” in an organization. Detective, Agent McNally lists out some 13 suspects and interviews them one after another. Its there when he discovered dreadful facts about the organization, which very easily can be from any other organization.

Spoiler alert: At last we find Change was murdered by a slow poison and Detecti
Mohamed Yehia
Nov 19, 2015 Mohamed Yehia rated it liked it
The book is well written in the form of a story, to put the main change managament concepts into an interesting context. There are not too much information about change in organizations, but the writter make it in a way that is easy to remember.
Nice book as an overall view.
Dallas
Jan 10, 2015 Dallas rated it liked it
Simple reading, the author tried to be creative by turning core principles into a person. For example Mr. Sponshorhip, or Mrs Budget. What I got out of this book is core principles of management change.
Maya Petrova
Jul 17, 2016 Maya Petrova rated it really liked it
Excellent book that will make everyone think about change and how we make it or refuse to make it come true.
Bob Schatz
I highly recommend this, fast, easy read, who done it of corporate change killers!
Nick Woodall
I usually like Ken Blanchard, but this was a little on the dry side. Good concept for a business book, just lacking in execution.
Jesse
May 01, 2014 Jesse rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
This was a great, entertaining way, to discuss the insertion of “Change” into a work place. The author, using wit and anecdote, gives the reader a great insight as to how someone can integrate change and what things might “kill” change.
A quick good read.
Windy
Dec 08, 2011 Windy rated it really liked it
The company I use to work for would give out books to be read before the next annual review. At the time the company had just been through a big merger. They assisgned this book, and I really liked the lightness of it. It wasn't really like reading a "self-help" book. But it was very relavent to me at the time. I read the book on my plane ride while traveling. I think I might read it again. I'll let you know
Pradeep Badatiya
May 28, 2015 Pradeep Badatiya rated it really liked it
Good one timer.
David Fhu
Sep 09, 2015 David Fhu rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
It is simple, yet wonderful book that describe the standard corporate world. Everyone wanted something to change, but not to their discomfort. Going through some investigation, everyone are guilty in some way that killed Changes.

It reminded all of us that changes is needed, and discomfort is necessary in order to lead a better situation.
Asmaa Umara
Mar 09, 2013 Asmaa Umara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2013
Book is getting you to realize the most important aspects that helps in leading people through change in a story mode, explaining how would each aspect affects people and the success of communicating, applying and earning from change.

Interesting book, light and easy.
Sandeep Pareek
Jun 04, 2013 Sandeep Pareek rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's not that easy to pen down 'Change' as a character. Big Fan of Ken Blanchard.
A true visualization of what happens in a corporate in an entirely unique way, even if they tend to accept change.
Lene
Jul 13, 2009 Lene rated it really liked it
You get to rethink the process of the changes you have been a part of - and understand why things maybe didn't work out the way they were ment to.
Michael Flanagan
Oct 15, 2011 Michael Flanagan rated it really liked it
Shelves: management
A fantastic take on a difficult subject. Came away with a fresh new look on change, change management and the forces at play against change.
Deb
Sep 02, 2010 Deb rated it it was ok
A bit of a disappointment in delivery, although the conclusion that the entire enterprise is ultimately involved in successful change, has merit.
Detelina
Feb 01, 2012 Detelina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's quite unusual spot for book of that kind but I must admit that the advices at the end will be very helpful in every organisation.
Michael
incentive
perf mgt
accountability
Apr 23, 2011 Jennifer rated it liked it
interesting, somewhat predictable, valid points and tips for management. Wonder how I can slip this to the leadership within my agency?
Anita Lobo
Feb 15, 2010 Anita Lobo rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Interesting approach to illustrating what helps / derails change. Useful read if you're leading/ managing change.
Braxton Lewis
Jan 27, 2010 Braxton Lewis rated it it was ok
A very quick read; about an hour and a half. Interesting way to write about leadership issues in a story format.
Debbie Mcdonald
Jul 16, 2012 Debbie Mcdonald rated it liked it
Cute. A little cheesy, as expected. But cute. Good catalyst for discussions on changes in organization.
Mohdalshawan alshawan
Apr 09, 2013 Mohdalshawan alshawan rated it it was amazing
The book discovered who killed change ،it's the Job of the leader to create chang
Maroooo
Dec 23, 2011 Maroooo rated it liked it
it's a book that presents a simple way to understand change management
Khalid Khan
This book killed the loose change iny pocket.
Marcy
Jun 24, 2009 Marcy rated it it was amazing
For all those afraid of change...read this.
Petunia Thulo
Dec 07, 2011 Petunia Thulo rated it really liked it
I love Blanchard's writing style...
  • The Myth of Multitasking: How "Doing It All" Gets Nothing Done
  • I Can Read You Like a Book: How to Spot the Messages and Emotions People Are Really Sending with Their Body Language
  • Reinvention: How to Make the Rest of Your Life the Best of Your Life
  • The Loyalty Effect: The Hidden Force Behind Growth, Profits, and Lasting Value
  • Juggling Elephants: An Easier Way to Get Your Most Important Things Done--Now!
  • Billion-Dollar Lessons: What You Can Learn from the Most Inexcusable Business Failures of the Last 25 Years
  • A Sense of Urgency
  • The Serving Leader: Five Powerful Actions That Will Transform Your Team, Your Business, and Your Community
  • The Flip Side: Break Free of the Behaviors That Hold You Back
  • My Orange Duffel Bag: A Journey to Radical Change
  • Crossing the Finish Line: Completing College at America's Pu
  • The Future of Work: How the New Order of Business Will Shape Your Organization, Your Management Style, and Your Life
  • Christian Reflections on the Leadership Challenge
  • How to Think Like a CEO: The 22 Vital Traits You Need to Be the Person at the Top
  • Manager's Toolkit: The 13 Skills Managers Need to Succeed
  • Fish! Sticks: A Remarkable Way to Adapt to Changing Times and Keep Your Work Fresh
  • The Carrot Principle: How the Best Managers Use Recognition to Engage Their People, Retain Talent, and Accelerate Performance
  • Teaching Gifted Kids in the Regular Classroom: Strategies and Techniques Every Teacher Can Use to Meet the Academic Needs of the Gifted and Talented
Ken Blanchard, one of the most influential leadership experts in the world, is the coauthor of the iconic bestseller, The One Minute Manager, and 60 other books whose combined sales total more than 21 million copies. His groundbreaking works have been translated into more than 27 languages and in 2005 he was inducted into Amazon’s Hall of Fame as one of the top 25 bestselling authors of all time.

K
More about Kenneth H. Blanchard...