Start by marking “Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 21 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #21)” as Want to Read:
Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 21 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #21)

Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 21 (Fullmetal Alchemist #21)

4.62  ·  Rating Details ·  5,181 Ratings  ·  53 Reviews
A diabolical trap is set for President Bradley... If he is assassinated, a power vacuum will open that Mustang and his allies will be more than happy to fill. Then, while Ed isreunited with someone from his past, Al is separated from his body - his proxy armor body! Now who is filling his heavymetal shoes...?

Plus, take a break from all the alchemical intrigue and homunculu
Published November 17th 2009 by VIZ Media LLC (first published December 22nd 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 21, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 21

Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 1 by Hiromu ArakawaDeath Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoBleach, Volume 01 by Tite Kubo
Good Manga
69th out of 521 books — 213 voters
Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 1 by Hiromu ArakawaBlack Butler, Volume 01 by Yana TobosoFullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 6 by Hiromu ArakawaFullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 2 by Hiromu ArakawaFullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 3 by Hiromu Arakawa
My Graphic Novels and Manga
20th out of 72 books — 20 voters

More lists with this book...

Kate
Nov 08, 2009 Kate rated it it was amazing
Fullmetal Alchemist has consistently been among my favorite series to follow, and in these last few volumes, my sentiments haven't changed. This latest volume has it all - action, humor, suspense. Arakawa mentions at the beginning of the book that with these chapters, her story is entering its final stretch. I can't wait to see what's going to happen, but I'm going to be really sad when it's all over. Without a doubt the best shounen I've read or will probably read in a long, long time.
Becky
Aug 26, 2016 Becky rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
I don't love Ed, but I love Ed's coat.
Anastasia Antonova
Dec 30, 2015 Anastasia Antonova rated it it was amazing
Я тебя дочитаю сегодня!
Roxana-Mălina Chirilă
Dec 04, 2016 Roxana-Mălina Chirilă rated it really liked it
I'm kind of sad to reach the last stretch of this series, when everyone gathers around for the final confrontations. "Fullmetal Alchemist" is one of those series where you feel like every detail matters, everything was plotted from the beginning - in a way, I wish it had gone on forever; in another way, the fact that it doesn't makes it all the stronger.

Moves are being made in the open - King Bradley is in a train that blows up (and is presumed dead, although we can all guess that he'll show up
নাজমুল হাসান
Pride joins the action by taking over Alphonse. Greed defects after regaining his past memory. More politics of power play comes into action. And its hard to tell the allies from enemies. As greed for power makes human do the unthinkable betrayal quite easily. All our heroes have become enemy of the state now. With Wrath missing in action, the "Father" takes over power in Central. Mustang plays his hand but it seems the enemy already predicted his moves. Nothing seems to be going right for the ...more
Ben Nealis
Nov 18, 2016 Ben Nealis rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Amazing! The story escalates a lot and you can really see how the characters have grown.
Swati
Nov 14, 2016 Swati rated it really liked it
Pemi Ludi
Nov 25, 2010 Pemi Ludi rated it really liked it
Pertama baca komik ini waktu SMA, dulu belum ada terbitan elex media, kayanya bajakan deh. Berhubung temen saya langganan, saya jadi baca terus setiap nomer baru terbit. itulah salah satu gunanya teman, tempat meminjam berbagai hal. tapi lama-lama saya merasa kurang suka, karena komik ini "ga salimul aqidah banget", hehe.

Berhubung udah terlanjur ngikutin, akhirnya saya lanjutin juga baca. Lama-lama semakin menarik, saya suka dengan persaudaraan Edward dan Alphonse. Pernah juga pikiran saya sampa
Bitsy
The good guys have regrouped, they have fitted the pieces of the puzzle together and they have developed a plan to beat the homunculii and their father, they have also made a very bold first move going on the offensive finally to try and end this war swiftly and with minimum losses on their side. Action is finally happening in this volume and things are starting to look dire. Both sides have unexpected aces up their sleeves and both have a few more tricks left in them. The good guys target? King ...more
Janeen-san
Apr 17, 2011 Janeen-san rated it really liked it
Al is reunited with his brother...sort of. His body is taken over by Pride! Grr that nasty Homunculus! How will the gang manage to defeat a creature who lives in the shadows?
Also...guess who's back? That's right...GLUTTONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE HIM HE IS SOOOOO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, one of Lin's faithful servants returns--with a really cool automail arm with a retractable blade! It's Lanfan! She beat Edward's recovery time, one year, and did it in only SIX MONTHS!
This v
Robert Beveridge
Hiromu Arakawa, Fullmetal Alchemist, vol. 21 (ViZ, 2009)

A lot of the characters we've come to know over the years are starting to converge as we get to the big climax of the series. The big story arc for the volume: an assassination attempt leaves both King Bradley and his son missing and presumed dead, allowing a number of factions who have been hiding in the shadows and consolidating their power to make their first moves towards the throne. (By the end of this volume, you should know who's act
Cornerofmadness
Apr 10, 2010 Cornerofmadness rated it it was amazing
This volume is up to the high quality I’ve come to expect from this series. It’s truly one of the more amazing manga I have ever read. I remember how close to the end this felt when it came out online (especially with the persistent but erroneous rumor that ch. 88 was going to be the end). Many alliances are formed in this (one of the few nonspoilery things I can say). It’s a treat watching Roy flirt with Olivia as cover for coded talk. Bradley comes under attack. Ed learns the truth about his ...more
Christa  Seeley
I have to admit that I didn't care for this instalment quite as much. It wasn't bad - but it didn't stand out. I find with this series I'm either blown away or kind of 'meh' about each volume. There's a lot of set up here as everyone gets organizes for the finals few chapters in the series - necessary, but not exactly the most fascinating things to read about.

There was also a really long battle sequences in this issue which I thought dragged on and was all over the place. Normally I'm really int
Mrs W
Jan 11, 2015 Mrs W rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
The series is beginning to regain momentum with this volume. For the most part, alliances have been established and the clock continues to tick toward the day of reckoning. I feel a resolution looming now that all the pieces have been put into place.

Several characters vie for political power, while Edward continues his quest to find an ethical way to return him and Al to their former bodies. This means no philosophers stones. Al is in some trouble, as his armor has been hijacked, a dilemma that
Feather Mista
Dec 14, 2011 Feather Mista rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Casi todo el mundo.
Recommended to Feather by: Casi todo
Por culpa de este tomo estuve trabado en la lectura de la serie durante meses y meses, aunque fue dos tercios culpa mía. En su defensa tengo que decir que la historia sigue avanzando, el dibujo mejorando y el promedio altísimo. En su contra, que puede llegar a ser algo confuso y desmotivador si se lo interrumpe. Menos mal que ya la terminé igual, si no le iba a tener resentimiento a este tomito... (*)

* Qué estupidez, tenerle resentimiento a un tomo... Bueno, ni que fuera la estupidez más grande
Courtney (Storybook Slayers)
Nov 26, 2011 Courtney (Storybook Slayers) rated it it was amazing
More reviews at Rondo of a Possible World: YA Book Reviews

Action-packed, thickening plot, three-dimensional characters, and humor drizzled on each character, Fullmetal Alchemist is a book that should definitely be read by all. Left me with tears in my eyes and a warm heart for every character that you meet along Ed and Al's long journey.
Ernest
Aug 07, 2011 Ernest rated it liked it
This was a powerful volume, filled with great story development and (as usual) wonderful art. A note of warning: those who try to start from this volume will be heavily confused and miss out on careful development that lead up to this point. Unlike say X-Men or The Avengers, where one can still get a lot out of reading individual story arcs, this series really needs to be read from the beginning to fully appreciate the world and story that has been constructed.
Mars
Jul 24, 2010 Mars rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
FMA Reread of 2012:

5/5.

Most exciting volume so far. For the longest time it was my favorite volume: there's action and conspiracy and even enough for the ships, as well as the return of Lan Fan! (And how many one-page panels does she have?!?)

But after rereads I realized that it is just the start. Every volume gets better from now on!
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Aug 04, 2016 Nidah (SleepDreamWrite) rated it really liked it
Wow was this intense and action packed. Ed and Al meet. But Greed finds that there's something not right about Ed's brother. And its not long until they have to fight. And a character makes an appearance. I was like you go girl! That was a cool entrance to that character's reappearance. Artwork is very good in this volume.
Nərmin
Al is possessed by Pride! Woah, that kid is scary..He even ate his own partner!
Ed&Winry couple is enjoyable to read//Ed is taller than Winry now!
Ran-fan is back! Lin also took his body back from Greed, though temporarily.
Now let's see if Roy Mustang's team will make it.)
Sarah Sammis
Jan 06, 2014 Sarah Sammis rated it it was amazing
Joint exercises in the east. Olivier cleans house. The Bradleys ride the General. Mustang reunites with his past. Oh Al! And count the shadows!

Scott Lee
May 13, 2015 Scott Lee rated it it was amazing
Ernesto G.
Nov 14, 2011 Ernesto G. rated it it was amazing
i like this book because now that am past most of the building of the story most of the stuff is goin down like what what will mustangs team do to strike back and that olivie armstrong is with the people notthe military.
Danielle
Oct 19, 2012 Danielle rated it it was amazing
The countdown to the end begins - things start to come together for what I assume will be the final showdown - and its never been more exciting!
Yvensong
Mar 11, 2015 Yvensong rated it really liked it
The different sides are grouping together, getting ready for the big day. There is lots of action, a great balance of humor, and a great amount of tension building in this volume.
Oliver Hodson
Jul 05, 2015 Oliver Hodson rated it really liked it
Finding the way to battle the homonculi is very interesting reading. Also interesting are the complexities of van hoenheim 23's family.
Logan Simpson
Dec 01, 2014 Logan Simpson rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
The author stated at the beginning of this volume that the story is in its final arc now. Oh my... the battle with Pride is gonna be epiiiiiccccccc.
Corley
Jun 13, 2011 Corley rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
The whole bedroom scene is hilarious, and we finally get a look on some big action! The fighting in the dark is really good, and I love it when Darius accidentally hits Ed.
Wickedshizuku
Mar 03, 2016 Wickedshizuku rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Manga fans, Anime fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: Santos Santoni
We start off this volume with Chapter 84: The Shadow of the Pursuer.

More review to come when editing mode hits.
Cheers Pretties!
ArdnAskelA
Jun 28, 2012 ArdnAskelA rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Les homoniculus hors-circuit ? Possible. Ou du moins pour un moment.
Plus on s'approche du "jour promis" plus on a droit à des révélations, on dirait.. Sinon, à quand l'action ? :D
  • Bleach―ブリーチ― 27 [Burīchi 27] (Bleach, #27)
  • D.Gray-man, Volume 10
  • ツバサ-RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE- 22

Associated names :
荒川弘美 (real name)
ARAKAWA Hiromi

Name (in native language) : 荒川弘

Zodiac : Taurus

Blood type : A

Her self-portrait is usually that of a bespectacled cow, as she was born and raised on a dairy farm in Hokkaido with three older sisters and a younger brother. She worked as a farmer for 8 years before moving to Tokyo.

Arakawa thought about being a manga artist "since [she] was little" and du
More about Hiromu Arakawa...

Fullmetal Alchemist (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 1 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #1)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 2 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #2)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 3 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #3)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 4 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #4)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 5 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #5)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 6 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #6)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 7 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #7)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 8 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #8)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 9 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #9)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 10 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #10)

“Greed (as Ling): You humans always get all "holier-than-thou" when it comes to this stuff... I really don't get you.

Edward: It's called having integrity. You should try it sometime”
75 likes