The Complete Idiot's Guide to Geocaching

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Geocaching

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  54 ratings  ·  10 reviews
The ultimate global game revealed!

The Complete Idiot's Guide(r) to Geocaching, Second Edition is a comprehensive, yet entertaining and easy-to-understand book for getting started and having fun with geocaching-the high-tech version of hide-and-seek for global positioning system (GPS) users. In this edition, two new tools of the game-Waymarking and Wherigo-are included.

? T...more
Paperback, 2nd edition, 320 pages
Published May 5th 2009 by Alpha

To ask other readers questions about The Complete Idiot's Guide to Geocaching, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Idiot's Guide to Geocaching

Rob Robideau
Definitely a "Complete" Guide

I am an absolute beginner and have no geocaching experience whatsoever. I wanted a book that would tell me what it's all about and provide some resources to find out more. This book did the job and some. It really is a "complete" guide. It has information on each individual aspect of geocaching from maps and map reading to hiking tips to etiquette to GPS hardware advice. I realize that there is a newer edition and some of the hardware specifics were out of date, but...more
Simon
This is an excellent and very complete introduction to geocaching. I knew little about this fascinating hobby and so far, my family and I have already found 23 caches in 5 cities! To get started with geocaching, read a few chapters in this book, a few pages of your GPS' user manual and then go outside and try it out to put everything in context. Repeat the process until you understand the game and know your way around Geocaching.com, can work your GPS, and develop a sixth sense as to where the c...more
Matt
Sep 12, 2010 Matt rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: geocaching novices
Shelves: dead-tree
Covers all the topics useful to the beginner geocacher and applies to players anywhere in the world.

If you're passingly familiar with GPS and map-reading, then you can probably get most of what you need from the geocaching.com website and forums, but if you want everything in one book, portable and without the need to pore through a hundred forum posts or FAQs, then the book may be worthwhile.
Amy
I find this series of books very helpful as a primer on a variety of topics. I think it gave me the necessary information to go ahead and get started with geocaching. I would recommend it for others looking to start this hobby.
Lesley
Learned some pretty interesting things about geocaching in this book, but there's nothing like getting out there and looking for caches. Good exercise, too.
Oliver
Interesting. I have Geocahced about a month or two before reading the book but its certainly showed me a few things.
Joy
Very helpful book for me, as I knew nothing about geocaching except that I wanted to try it with my family.
Heather
This book is a great introduction to geocaching. I would have given 4 stars but it was quite repetitive.
Lesley
Great beginners guide to geocaching. Can't wait to get started!
PWRL
Apr 08, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
O
Matthew Feldi
Matthew Feldi marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Julian Patton
Julian Patton marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Kara Mackillop
Kara Mackillop marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Tina Hunt-mathias
Tina Hunt-mathias marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Geocaching is a real-world, outdoor treasure hunting game using GPS-enabled devices. Participants navigate to a specific set of GPS coordinates and then attempt to find the geocache (container) hidden at that location.
More about Geocaching.com...