Start by marking “Five Women I Love: Bob Hope's Vietnam Story” as Want to Read:
Five Women I Love:  Bob Hope's Vietnam Story

Five Women I Love: Bob Hope's Vietnam Story

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  2 reviews
A week before Christmas, while Santa is checking his south-only maps, Bob Hope, the knight before Christmas (and a few days after), rises from a Southern California airstrip, dips his wings in tribute to the USO and the Pentagon brass and flies west.

What he brings to the GI's in Vietnam, Thailand and way stations will never be in Santa's sleigh - one-of-a-kind presents lik
Published 1966 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Five Women I Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Five Women I Love

Gil Burket
This was written as much as a promotional item as it was a historical record. However, with the numerous jokes aside it provides an inside look to one of Bob Hope's legendary tours to entertain the troops during the early part of the Vietnam war. The photos of the troops are notable on their own.

If there was such a thing as the lighter side of the Vietnam War, this is an example worth reading.
Linda
Hope's trips to entertain troops in Viet Nam at Christmastime.
Ian St
Ian St added it
May 16, 2015
Lee Marks
Lee Marks marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Amarnath Sardesai
Amarnath Sardesai marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2013
Karen
Karen added it
Jan 24, 2010
Bob Hope, KBE, KCSG (born Leslie Townes Hope) was a British-born American comedian and actor who appeared in vaudeville, on Broadway, and in radio, television and movies. He was also noted for his work with the US Armed Forces and his numerous USO tours entertaining American military personnel.

Throughout his career, he was honored for his humanitarian work. In 1996, the U.S. Congress honored Bob H
More about Bob Hope...
Don't Shoot, It's Only Me: Bob Hope's Comedy History of the United States Bob Hope: My Life In Jokes I Owe Russia $1200 Have Tux, Will Travel: Bob Hope's Own Story I Never Left Home