Start by marking “Honey and Clover, Vol. 8” as Want to Read:
Honey and Clover, Vol. 8

Honey and Clover, Vol. 8 (Honey and Clover #8)

Ayu still can't give up on her love for Mayama, even though his relationship with Rika seems to be deepening. Nomiya's growing interest in Ayu might be a balm to her broken heart, but he's moving to Tottori for six months! Is Ayu cursed to suffer hopeless love affairs forever?
Published December 1st 2009 by VIZ Media LLC (first published August 19th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Honey and Clover, Vol. 8, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Honey and Clover, Vol. 8

Salymar
Aug 19, 2012 Salymar rated it really liked it
Honey and Clover does a brilliant job depicting daily life without making it boring. However, since the series is essentially just a prolonged stay with a group of friends, the audience does not get to see the fruition of all of the conflicts. Much like real life, very few things are cast in stone. With a relatively open ending, the audience is left insatiably wanting more. By the end of the series, it is hard not to relate with at least one character. It wouldn’t be surprising if you relate wit ...more
Judy (Geeky Reading)
Nov 11, 2013 Judy (Geeky Reading) rated it liked it
Shelves: own
~3.5-4/5

[Read more at my blog, Geeky Reading!]

This a really, really good series. I started it a really long time ago (back when the Shojo Beat magazine was still running), but then never got around to continuing it. I picked it back up a little while ago, though, and it really reminded me how much I like this series.

Back when I first read it, I really liked the humor, and the characters. Now that it’s been so long (and I’ve mature), and now that I’m in college, I find that I can appreciate the c
Nóri Somogyi
Dec 05, 2013 Nóri Somogyi rated it it was amazing
Miss Ryoko
Jun 13, 2013 Miss Ryoko rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, library-book
Oh my Ra!! The unicorn thing!!! I nearly died from the hysterical laughing! I especially loved that they ended everything they said with "dammit"!! Oh lawd, hilarious!

Geez... poor Ayu :-( I understand how she must feel (not personally, but knowing someone pretty well who feels sort of the same way she does about someone). Though at the same time, I want her to have nothing to do with Nomiya. Because even though he said he loved her... I don't really know if I believe it. Umino-san may mean it as
Phương Hoa
Sep 18, 2015 Phương Hoa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, manga
mối quan hệ của các cặp đôi trong truyện đã dần dần được giải quyết, ngay cả anh chàng Nomiya cũng đã thổ lộ với Ayu rồi !!!
có lúc tôi muốn ghét Mayama, nhưng lại không ghét được, tình cảm đâu thể gượng ép, cậu ấy tìm thấy hạnh phúc của mình bên Rika, còn Ayu thấy hạnh phúc khi ở bên cậu ấy, vì trân trọng cả 2 nên đều đối xử dịu dàng, nhưng với người con gái cậu yêu sẽ có phần đặc biệt hơn. Thế rồi cậu ấy cũng chờ được đến lúc tình cảm đơn phương ấy được đáp trả. Dành tất cả tâm trí cho người yê
Christina
Sep 23, 2013 Christina rated it really liked it
Rika and Mayama are becoming closer and closer as Rika draws closer and closer to the edge.

Ayu is trying to let go of her love for Mayama, whether she realizes it or not, while being chased by Nomiya.

Is Mayama going to be able to find his way into a part of Rika's heart where he is welcomed to stay?

Will Ayu allow Nomiya to carry her before she falls?

And what is the secret behind Morita's vicious money-making ways?
Kricket
Feb 05, 2012 Kricket rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, josei, 2012
ayu still longs for mayama, although nomiya pursues her with renewed vigor. rika announces her plans to visit spain and finish the last project she worked on with her dead husband. she tells mayama he is coming with her. then she makes plans to go without him. then she changes her mind and makes plans for him to join her. then she goes by herself. that rika! the state of takemoto & hagumi's relationship remains uncertain.
Almira
Jan 14, 2014 Almira rated it it was ok
Ugh Mayama-Rika's working out pretty well. Poor Yamada's miserable and now scared to fall in love. (I can't believe I'm writing words like "scared to fall in love". I didn't expect this.)

Hagu's not on the spotlight lately, and Morita's still mysterious. Takemoto's now tough.

Why is this called Honey and Clover, by the way?
Audrey
Jan 29, 2014 Audrey rated it it was amazing
Super story and character development.
The art is lovely as well.
a group of college students become friends and the story follows their individual progression as artists, friends, and at times, lovers.
☆Meredith (メルたん)♪
Jan 19, 2012 ☆Meredith (メルたん)♪ rated it really liked it
*Spoiler Warnings*
I was rather upset to find out that Riya was using Takumi...and Shinobu wasn't in it enough! I particularly liked when Shu threw him over the fence and all his money falls out...lol.
I still gave it a 4 stars however because Nomiya is so...well, nommable. :D
HanaPouletta
Jun 10, 2012 HanaPouletta rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
[Note : c'est ma couverture préférée ! J'adore Leader :) <3]
pyrokat
Feb 27, 2010 pyrokat rated it it was amazing
The anime series only covers the first seven volumes so I finally entered unfamiliar territory. One love triangle has a resolution! This is such a beautiful series.
Joy
Jan 28, 2010 Joy rated it really liked it
Sarah Evans
Apr 17, 2010 Sarah Evans rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite
Some fabulous character development in this volume.
Shimran
Shimran rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2012
Pan Fong
Pan Fong rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2013
Menobou
Menobou rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2013
Nicole
Nicole rated it really liked it
Jun 30, 2014
_vgabi
_vgabi rated it liked it
Apr 15, 2016
Hunter
Hunter rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2009
Steph
Steph rated it really liked it
Oct 05, 2011
Hala Ark
Hala Ark rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2012
Iamasnat
Iamasnat rated it really liked it
Nov 19, 2015
Wajiha Ali Khan
Wajiha Ali Khan rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2011
Verin
Verin rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2014
Jennifer Heinrich
Jennifer Heinrich rated it liked it
May 20, 2016
Maria Beatrice
Maria Beatrice rated it really liked it
Nov 30, 2012
Cindy III
Cindy III rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2011
Gregory Mark
Gregory Mark rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2016
MaKu Arenal
MaKu Arenal rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Wandering Son, Vol. 2
  • Nana, Vol. 7 (Nana, #7)
  • Sand Chronicles, Volume 7
  • Mushishi, Vol. 6
  • Nodame Cantabile, Vol. 7 (Nodame Cantabile, #7)
  • Ōoku: The Inner Chambers, Volume 4 (Ōoku: The Inner Chambers / 大奥, #4)
Chica Umino (羽海野チカ, Umino Chika) is a manga-ka (comic artist/cartoonist) who was born in Tokyo, Japan. She began work as a product designer and illustrator. Her most notable work to date is her 'beloved' Honey and Clover, a 'slice of life' manga series which debuted in 2000 in Shueisha's manga magazine, CUTiEcomic.

Umino has a unique drawing style, listing Studio Ghibli amongst her influences, an
More about Chica Umino...

Honey and Clover (10 books)
  • Honey and Clover, Vol. 1