Honey and Clover, Vol. 8

Honey and Clover, Vol. 8 (Honey and Clover #8)

4.35 of 5 stars 4.35  ·  rating details  ·  236 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Love Triangles--who says you don't learn math in Art School?; The friends you make in college can change your whole life; Art School Unclassified R to L (Japanese Style). Ayu still can't give up on her love for Mayama, even though his relationship with Rika seems to be deepening. Nomiya's growing interest in Ayu might be a balm to her broken heart, but he's moving to Totto...more
Published December 1st 2009 by VIZ Media LLC (first published August 19th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Honey and Clover, Vol. 8, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Honey and Clover, Vol. 8

Salymar
Honey and Clover does a brilliant job depicting daily life without making it boring. However, since the series is essentially just a prolonged stay with a group of friends, the audience does not get to see the fruition of all of the conflicts. Much like real life, very few things are cast in stone. With a relatively open ending, the audience is left insatiably wanting more. By the end of the series, it is hard not to relate with at least one character. It wouldn’t be surprising if you relate wit...more
*Queen Diva*
Oh my Ra!! The unicorn thing!!! I nearly died from the hysterical laughing! I especially loved that they ended everything they said with "dammit"!! Oh lawd, hilarious!

Geez... poor Ayu :-( I understand how she must feel (not personally, but knowing someone pretty well who feels sort of the same way she does about someone). Though at the same time, I want her to have nothing to do with Nomiya. Because even though he said he loved her... I don't really know if I believe it. Umino-san may mean it as...more
Nóri Somogyi
Ottley
Super story and character development.
The art is lovely as well.
a group of college students become friends and the story follows their individual progression as artists, friends, and at times, lovers.
Almira
Ugh Mayama-Rika's working out pretty well. Poor Yamada's miserable and now scared to fall in love. (I can't believe I'm writing words like "scared to fall in love". I didn't expect this.)

Hagu's not on the spotlight lately, and Morita's still mysterious. Takemoto's now tough.

Why is this called Honey and Clover, by the way?
Christina
Rika and Mayama are becoming closer and closer as Rika draws closer and closer to the edge.

Ayu is trying to let go of her love for Mayama, whether she realizes it or not, while being chased by Nomiya.

Is Mayama going to be able to find his way into a part of Rika's heart where he is welcomed to stay?

Will Ayu allow Nomiya to carry her before she falls?

And what is the secret behind Morita's vicious money-making ways?
Kricket
ayu still longs for mayama, although nomiya pursues her with renewed vigor. rika announces her plans to visit spain and finish the last project she worked on with her dead husband. she tells mayama he is coming with her. then she makes plans to go without him. then she changes her mind and makes plans for him to join her. then she goes by herself. that rika! the state of takemoto & hagumi's relationship remains uncertain.
☆Meredith (メルたん)♪
*Spoiler Warnings*
I was rather upset to find out that Riya was using Takumi...and Shinobu wasn't in it enough! I particularly liked when Shu threw him over the fence and all his money falls out...lol.
I still gave it a 4 stars however because Nomiya is so...well, nommable. :D
pyrokat
The anime series only covers the first seven volumes so I finally entered unfamiliar territory. One love triangle has a resolution! This is such a beautiful series.
HanaPouletta
[Note : c'est ma couverture préférée ! J'adore Leader :) <3]
Joy
Sarah Evans
Some fabulous character development in this volume.
Adam
Adam marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Judy
Judy added it
Aug 10, 2014
ケイ
ケイ marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
ReadingFrog
ReadingFrog marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Nana, Vol. 9 (Nana, #9)
  • Nodame Cantabile, Vol. 5 (Nodame Cantabile, #5)
  • Wandering Son: Volume Two
  • Kimi ni Todoke, Volume 15
Chica Umino (羽海野 チカ, Umino Chika) is a manga-ka (comic artist/cartoonist) who was born in Tokyo, Japan. She began work as a product designer and illustrator. Her most notable work to date is her 'beloved' Honey and Clover, a 'slice of life' manga series which debuted in 2000 in Shueisha's manga magazine, CUTiEcomic.

Umino has a unique drawing style, listing Studio Ghibli amongst her influences, a...more
More about Chica Umino...
Honey and Clover, Vol. 1 (Honey and Clover, #1) Honey and Clover, Volume 2 Honey and Clover, Volume 3 Honey and Clover, Vol. 4 Honey and Clover, Vol. 5