Start by marking “Mushishi, Volume 8/9/10” as Want to Read:
Mushishi, Volume 8/9/10

Mushishi, Volume 8/9/10 (Mushishi #8/9/10)

4.62 of 5 stars 4.62  ·  rating details  ·  281 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Ginko is a master of the ephemeral life form known as Mushi. Their influence can be as visible as a mountain never giving up its winter to allow for spring, or as subtle as a prank played in a child's game. To some they are a curse; to others they offer unimagined possibility. Read the final three volumes of Ginko's journeys in this one remarkable edition!
Published July 27th 2010 by Del Rey (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Mushishi, Volume 8/9/10, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mushishi, Volume 8/9/10

Hollowspine
The end to the series wasn't quite as climatic as I was hoping. Nonetheless the stories were still very interesting, frightening and emotionally charged as is true for the entire series.

But...I still want more. Although I believe that Ginko discovers some things about himself through these pages, the reader still doesn't get his full story, or at least I would have liked to have more background on him.

As usual the artwork was beautiful and I actually enjoyed the fact that the three final volumes
Douglas Summers-Stay
I'm going to review the whole series here.
This is one of my favorite manga (Japanese comics.) It's the story of a young, white-haired young loner who backpacks around the remote villages of medieval Japan, helping people out with medicine that gets rid of ghosts. But these aren't Western ghosts-- they're called mushi, which is more like "creeping things." They're somewhere equidistant from animals, plants, and ideas.
The people he helps feel real-- some are kind, some are bitter. Their problems
aljouharah altheeyb
للمانجا مسلسل تلفزيوني
لا أجد عبارات تستطيع وصف هذا الجمال أبدا !
لكن هنا تعليق قديم لي عن المسلسل التلفزيوني الذي صور الكتاب تماماً كما يفترض به أن يصور !
الإبداع لا يقف عن آخر صفحة، بل تلبس بالعاملين على الإستيديو كذلك .. :
Pip
Oh... My... Good... GOD! This has become one of my favourite manga series! I need a copy of all of these books and Yuki Urushibabra, I love you! I really do recommend this book and I'm planning to re-read it!<3

This manga is beautiful, in the story and the art. It reminded me of the fairy stories my Grandma used to tell me like 'Grandmother Spider' and 'The Rabbit in the Moon' and so on. It also reminded me of the studio Ghibli films because they always contain an underlying message of 'protec
Graziano

Volume 8

THE MILK OF THE VALLEY
Ginko is rescued by a man under the influence of mushi. The man works day and night without rest. The parents of the man had found a pond of milk when they were poor and without nothing to drink.
The mushi who transforms the blood in milk is called Chisio: it “forces the host in sleepless work gathering nourishment for it. And Chisio builds its own strenght.” (page 43)
The man: “My body … is what it became by drinking my mother’s blood.” (page 42)

THE BOTTOM OF WINT
Kate
This is an extraordinary series that will find its way into my personal manga collection. I loved everything about it. My only complaint is the lack of color pages. The original color pages at the beginning of most of the chapters must be so beautiful. They look like they were painted with watercolor. Excellent translation and adaption by William Flanagan, including the notes section at the back of each volume.

There is plenty of material that isn't covered in the anime, so this is well worth the
Caroline
I hadn't realized this was the final volume of the series (I have a habit of not reading the covers on books in series anymore, otherwise I probably would have noticed the bold "FINAL VOLUME" on the back) until I was finished. My favorite in here by far was "The Bed of Grass," which goes more into the history of Ginko. "Stars in the Jar of the Sky" is the runner-up for favorites.

There really isn't anything in here to mark this as an ending--nothing like I would have expected. I would have expect
Selena
A wonderful ending to a wonderful manga.

I wouldn't try to process this all in one sitting, though. I know it's an omnibus and so you can read all three volumes at the same time, but I wouldn't recommend doing so. It's pretty dense (if you've gotten this far in Mushishi, you know that). I'd say read one volume, set it aside for a few hours to process, then go back and repeat.
Malaak Abu-Hilal

Why such an EXCELLENT Work ends with a few chapters?

SAD.
Abdulla
Extraordinary series. I enjoyed every page of it. It's a little sad to see the series end, even though I did expect it to have no conclusion due to it's episodic nature; which is quite fitting since it's us following Ginko's travels.
It was quite refreshing overall.
The individual stories about human beings co-existing with nature, the essence of life, and other themes the author touched upon always invoked emotions.
Highly recommended.
Emily
I'm actually sad to have finished this series. It was really like a series of interconnected short stories dealing with the supernatural world, some of them heartbreaking and some of them uplifting, but all of them completely fascinating.
Joy
A fitting conclusion to a wonderful series. I wished we could have gotten a little more about Ginko's past before the end--what we did get was wonderful--but Mushishi was never that type of series.
Susan
The bulky omnibus is a little annoying because things get lost in the gutter unless you're willing to crack the spine.

The stories are dreamy, evocative, timeless...
Rae
Re-read volumes 1-5,7-10 since I appear to be missing my copy of volume six. I can't help but love this series and it's half-creepy, half-awe-inspiring mushi.
Damaisuria
Sometimes, the writer connected the mushi much closer in people past life.
Bewarethefish
Best volume(s) of a very good bunch.
stormhawk
beautiful mystcal tales.
Claire Ellis
Claire Ellis marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2015
Martha
Martha marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
  • Natsume's Book of Friends, Volume 5
  • Naoki Urasawa Präsentiert: Monster, Band 14: Erinnerungen (Naoki Urasawa's Monster, #14)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 07 (Yotsuba&! #7)
  • Kingyo Used Books, Vol. 1

Mushishi (10 books)
  • Mushishi, Volume 1 (Mushishi, #1)
  • Mushishi, Volume 2
  • Mushishi, Volume 7
  • Mushishi, Tome 8
  • Mushishi, Volume 9
  • Mushishi, Tome 10
Mushishi, Volume 1 (Mushishi, #1) Mushishi, Volume 2 Mushishi, Volume 3 Mushishi, Volume 4 Mushishi, Volume 7