Start by marking “The Easy Way for Women to Stop Smoking: A Revolutionary Approach Using Allen Carr's Easyway™ Method” as Want to Read:

3.97  ·  Rating Details  ·  383 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
Now women can kick the cigarette habit, too, using a version of Allen Carr’s revolutionary Easyway (TM) Method created expressly for them.

Carr’s The Easy Way to Stop Smoking sold nine million copies worldwide; his method succeeds because it helps smokers eliminate the psychological craving for a cigarette even before they throw away that last pack. Filled with inspiring st
Published January 5th 2010 by Sterling (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Easy Way for Women to Stop Smoking, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Easy Way for Women to Stop Smoking

Peachy
Yippee, I'm freeeee!!!

Megs ♥
I was finally able to stop smoking in Feb. 2011 after smoking for 10 years. I really do believe this book helped. Even if you aren't ready to quit you should check this book out. It's a no nonsense helpful book!
Katerina Charalambous-vavliti
Haven't smoked since September 2007. Need I say more? Oh and I was a heavy smoker for 18 years. Thank you Allen Carr!!
Kelly
Mar 22, 2011 Kelly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It may seem like common sense, but it really is all about the attitude when you quit. This really did make a difference for me. Recommended!!
Tania
Sep 12, 2014 Tania rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
It's easy to stop smoking. I've done it hundreds of times.

Let's hold thumbs it works this time!!
JC
Dec 23, 2015 JC rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: health
I might have to revise my review at some point. But I've used this to quit before and it worked for a long time. Then I started again. I like his ideas that every craving is just shortening your future cravings. That helped a lot and I quit with this relatively pain free. That being said the quit wasn't permanent. But I have to quit again NOW and will read this again. I kind of dread it, because like other people said, it is repetitive and boring. I also don't see the difference between this and ...more
Janina
Jan 02, 2013 Janina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great book for those struggling with nicotine addiction.
Before I read this book I smoked for 10+ years and was convinced that I loved it. Finally, I found this book and it saved me by radically changing the way I thought about smoking. It only took reading about two chapters for me to quit forever. Since then I have never smoked another cigarette and see smoking in a whole new light.
I recommend this book to every smoker I know. It has helped friends of mine quit, too.
Five stars because it work
Catya (LizBenAt)
I decided to stop smoking after getting over the flu - since I noted how I didn't miss my precious cigarettes while I was ill.
But I knew I'd likely start again soon if I didn't make a change.

A good friend recommended this book to me and claimed it had helped her quit four months ago.
Previous to reading 'Easyway' I was only going to stop for the health reasons, still believing it would be something to 'give up' rather than something to be rid of. I even claimed to like it, as many do.

It's now my
Amy
Feb 25, 2013 Amy rated it it was ok
Honestly didn't even finish the book. I loved the positive approach and the fact that it was concerned with mental aspect of smoking. Cons: repetition and boring.
Emma
i did it wrong! i gave up before reading the book and have started smoking again since finishing it. i will come back to this one.
Chrissy
Jul 29, 2012 Chrissy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everyone I know who has read this including myself, has quit smoking from this book. Do it! Don't be afraid of the book!
Annette
Jul 10, 2012 Annette rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
i hated the book and didnt help me at all i still smoke
Peachy
Yippee, I'm freee!!!!

If you are or ever have been a smoker, I’m sure by now you’ve heard of Allen Carr and his apparent ‘Easy Way’ to quit smoking. He has written several editions of his book outlining his philosophies relating to quitting the evil nicotine, and has helped thousands of smokers worldwide to quit the nasty habit for good. With his astonishing success rate in mind, and a desperate need to quit this disgusting habit that I’ve had for over seventeen years, I decided to pick up Carr’s
Lory Raye
So... if you follow each step perfectly then you will quit smoking forever, that's what this book boasts.. However, if you read the book all the way through, the last step is to never smoke again. WELL OF COURSE YOU'LL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU FOLLOW ALL THE STEPS! One of the steps is to succeed! ... Let's just say, I wasn't impressed with this method. However, the book does bring up some nice common sense that smokers don't usually think about.. so 3 stars it is!
Stephanie McKeehan
Amazing common sense approach to breaking down the blatant lies we have been taught and repeated to ourselves to justify smoking. Liberating!!

Unbelievable that I got the confidence and tools to quit smoking from a book that breaks downs all the lies that have been so ingrained in us to make us feel powerless to ever quit.
Jessica
Jun 25, 2013 Jessica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yes, it was repetitive but it really helped to get the main points ingrained into my head. And hey smoking is repetitive too, so I'm not gonna complain about that! While I have not read any of the previous editions, the "for women" part seems a bit gimmicky. Aside from the chapter dedicated to smoking dyrng pregnancy and the letter excerpts from women, I'm not really sure how it targets women. Nonetheless, after a couple of weeks of struggling with willpower methods I picked this book up and rea ...more
Michelle Sanabria
Great book

Read it. It's simple and works. One of the best stop smoking books out there. This man is quite amazing
Claire
Feb 12, 2015 Claire rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Actually an easy way to stop smoking!! I did not think this book would work, nor did I particularly want to quit. I skeptically gave it a go just to stop everyone suggesting it all the time. To my amazement, the book WORKED. Without spending any time talking about how bad smoking is (we all know!) it just gave some simple encouragement and information. By the time you finish reading, you don't want cigarettes anymore. It was the easiest way I've ever tried to quit. It's been three years and I st ...more
Raluca
May 04, 2015 Raluca rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The first book was more than enough. The method is the same anyway.
Liz
Feb 15, 2013 Liz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book - doesn't say anything you don't already know but makes you think about why you're smoking and how much you actually need to smoke. I've quit many times using patches and lozenges ( with a sly cig here and there) and always felt like I'd given up something against my will. Now I'm not using any NRT's and generally feel quite happy about quitting, although there are still days when I've thought about buying a pack.
Radek
Sep 24, 2012 Radek rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: smokers
Mój były manager powiedział "paliłem przez 10 lat, przeczytałem tę książkę i przestałem palić. z dnia na dzień". Zainspirowało mnie to i chciałem ją przeczytać, a ponieważ w Empiku była tylko wersja dla kobiet, pomyślałem, że różnica może być głównie w przykładach. I chyba miałem rację. W każdym razie, obala sporo mitów i przekonań (również moich) o paleniu.
Aha - nie, nie palę i nie paliłem :)
Considering that the author is a man, I was skeptical about anything he'd have to say about quitting smoking for women. Fortunately, he did collaborate with a woman who definitely made an impact on this book!

While I haven't quit smoking, I have read this book. And I will be reading it again in January, to quit for good.
Stella
Jun 08, 2015 Stella rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help, 2013, how-to
I would recommend Allen Carr's Easyway to any smoker who wants to stop smoking - it works and it doesn't make you feel deprived..unlike everything else out there.

I'd recommend Allen Carr's Easyway to Stop Smoking rather than this specific one for women. They will both work but the first one is better organized.
Rachel
Nov 27, 2015 Rachel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good idea but it didn't work for me :(
Courtney
I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to want to quit smoking. It gives you a pretty good perspective shift and makes you think twice about the reasons why you smoke. It's a pretty good mental preparation tool. Don't ask me about it for about five days, though...
Maggie
Jul 31, 2008 Maggie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Paula
Strangely enough, this book seems to have worked. I thought it was pretty monotonous when I was reading it, but I have gone over a week without a cigarette, and honestly, other than a few cravings a day or two after I stopped, I haven't missed them at all.

Rickki
Aug 11, 2013 Rickki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It has been 10 day without smoking, and I'm doing Quite well with it. Every time I think I want a cigarette, I say to myself, I am a non-smoker. I have smoked for over 25 years...Read it... It will help you with your thinking of Not smoking. 8/11/13
Shelby
Jan 13, 2014 Shelby rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Today is 1st day of my new life!
Anabell
Dec 27, 2015 Anabell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-helped
It is now almost 1 year since I read this and I haven't smoked one single cigaret since. (Smoked for almost 14 years)
would definitely recommend this to anybody who would like to stop smoking.

Erin
Nov 04, 2013 Erin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-improvement
Four days in and fingers crossed. Otherwise I read this boring ponderous mad men reminiscent style self /help book for naught.

But seriously, psyched to quit smoking for good. It's time .
  • The Complete Organic Pregnancy
  • Big Girls Don't Whine: Getting On With the Great Life God Intends
  • On South Mountain: The Dark Secrets Of The Goler Clan
  • Power, Freedom, and Grace: Living from the Source of Lasting Happiness
  • Les 5 Blessures qui empêchent d'être soi-même
  • Mars and Venus in the Workplace: A Practical Guide for Improving Communication and Getting Results at Work
  • Life After Loss: A Practical Guide To Renewing Your Life After Experiencing Major Loss
  • You're Born an Original, Don't Die a Copy
  • Get Your Act Together: 7-Day Get-Organized Program For The Overworked, Overbooked, and Overwhelmed, A
  • The Wounded Woman: Healing the Father-Daughter Relationship
  • Dream Save Do: An Action Plan for Dreamers Like You
  • Welcome to Your Crisis: How to Use the Power of Crisis to Create the Life You Want
Allen Carr was an author of books about quitting smoking and other psychological dependencies including alcohol addiction. He quit smoking after 33 years as a hundred-a-day chain smoker.
More about Allen Carr...

“I would like you to pause for a moment, and to record your own feelings about smoking: what you think it does for you, why you smoke and why you want to” 0 likes