Start by marking “The Attack on Pearl Harbor” as Want to Read:
The Attack on Pearl Harbor

The Attack on Pearl Harbor (You Choose Books)

Everything in this book happened to real people. And YOU CHOOSE what side you re on and what you do next. The choices you make could lead you to survival or to death. In the You Choose Books set, only YOU can CHOOSE which path you take through history. What will it be? Get ready for an adventure."
Published September 1st 2008 by Capstone (first published August 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Attack on Pearl Harbor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Attack on Pearl Harbor

Carolyn S
Feb 12, 2013 Carolyn S rated it it was amazing
I'm currently reading the book "Attack on Pearl Harbor" by Allison Lassieur. This is a really good book because it interacts a lot with the reader. You can pick from 3 story paths, 51 choices, and 19 endings. But what's amazing is that all of it is absolutely true and actually happened. I love learning while reading so the match is perfect. It's also a fast read so if your short on time, this is defiantly for you. This book includes supporting evidence, backup info, and little snip-bits about ...more
Mrs.
Feb 04, 2011 Mrs. rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
Great book for pulling the reader into this factual true historical book. I like the ability to see history from three different points of view. (Navy sailor, Navy nurse, Japanese pilot) The ability to choose your path of learning puts the reader in control. This books attacks a wide range of my students but many boys who are not readers by choice gravitate to this interactive history books. A great way to bring history alive and keep it form being lost on our younger generation.
Staci
Jan 12, 2012 Staci added it
found this at our local library today. we are visiting Pearl Harbor in April and I wanted the children to study it ahead of time. This is a great companion book told in story fashion, where you get to choose from three different perspectives and then choose different scenarios along the way. It is a wonderful way to view the attack from numerous perspectives as well as a chance to see what would have happened if you had been there based on the actions you choose to take in the book.
Crystal
Nov 30, 2011 Crystal rated it really liked it
There are some kids that just adore You Choose types of books and this is great for them. It gives several different perspectives of the Pearl Harbor attack - a Navy sailor, a Japanese pilot, and a Navy nurse. In each of those roles, the reader may make many different, sometimes life altering or life-ending choices.
Laura Verret
Jan 11, 2014 Laura Verret rated it really liked it
This volume is subtitled ‘An Interactive History Adventure’. That is a very sophisticated name for the ‘Choose your own Adventure’ genre. Not sure what that is? Let me explain.

A setting is chosen, in this case Pearl Harbor. Several different ‘story paths’ are presented - in this case the choice to be a U.S. Navy nurse, a U. S. Navy sailor, or a Japanese pilot. Once you choose your ‘story path’ you encounter different scenarios between which you must choose – as a nurse, will you stay at the fiel
Sarah Crawford
Jan 14, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it it was ok
This is a very hard review to write. Some people will probably massively disagree with what I have to say but I call them as I see them.

The book is of the old choose-your-own-adventure type where you have multiple choices to make which can lead to different endings. Those books tended to deal with fanciful topics like vampires, space aliens, monsters, etc. This book deals with actual history.

You can play one of three parts. You can be a nurse caring for the men during the attack. This part is la
Dolly
May 24, 2012 Dolly rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: children who enjoy choose-your-own adventure books
Our oldest brought this book home from her elementary school library. It's the second You Choose historical adventure book that we've read together and our girls really like them. I remember loving books like this in my childhood and I love that our girls are discovering them as well. I also like that this book has an educational component, teaching about the events of the day that drew America into WWII.

We used to live in Honolulu, with a distant view of the Arizona memorial from our backyard
Victor Pineda-saldana
Jan 31, 2012 Victor Pineda-saldana rated it really liked it
The book that I read was about the attack on Pearl Harbor. The reason I read this book because I want it to know about the point of view of the Japanese Pilots, American sailors and the nurses. This attack is what leads to the U.S. to join the allies’ powers with Russia and England. The Japanese Pilots point of view they were attacking the Americans for the Emperor and the country of Japan and most of the Japanese Pilots knew many of them were not going to return. The American sailors were ...more
Jason
May 24, 2011 Jason added it
Shelves: book-reviews
It's a book that has three story paths to take,51 choices to make, and 19 endings to this book ( and the things that you read actully happened to these people that you are suspose to be). One of the paths I took was that I was a japanese airplane fighter heading to pearl harber but instend of crashing into the ship I flew over to Hickam Field and bomed that place like there was no tomarrow. On path number 2 I was on the ship called the arizona when i woke up the boat shook and I went up to the ...more
2 Ryan W
Sep 19, 2012 2 Ryan W rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: History fans
Recommended to 2 Ryan W by: No one, it was just on the bookshelf
I liked it. An interactive story involving WWII,which I am intrested in. I also like Call Of Duty: Finest Hour for the same reason, being you choose who you are and live through history, but I never thought of there maybe being a book that did the same thing! This is a great book, and I would summarize it, but there's 51 choices and 19 endings, so it would take a while. I just loved this book and the way you get to choose what side you're on.
Kasey
Apr 01, 2012 Kasey rated it really liked it
Shelves: anja
Anja read this out loud to me for her book report this month. It lets you choose your paths. We were a Japanese pilot, a US soldier on the USS Arizona and a nurse. It was a good book for children to understand just what happened and what your fate would have been had you been there that day. It helped Anja have a greater understanding of our trip to Pearl Harbor.
Jeri
Mar 31, 2012 Jeri rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-books
This book makes history exciting. It puts you in the perspective of a US Navy Sailor, a US Navy Nurse, and a Japanese pilot at Pearl Harbor and lets you make choices like you were there.

I will read more of this series. It was great!
Dayna Smith
An interactive story about the attack on Pearl Harbor. You can look at the event from the view of a Japanese pilot, an American sailor, or a Navy nurse. A cute interactive history story. An easy read for younger readers.
Jordan D
Dec 10, 2013 Jordan D rated it liked it
this book was very good but it should have had better ending then what it already had.i would have read it a lot more but i got really bored because there was no way to be a pilot unless you were a japanese pilot.other then that it was a good book.
Mandy
Feb 17, 2014 Mandy rated it really liked it
Shelves: classroom-reads
My class is really into the choose your own adventure stories this year and I know that this will be an instant hot with a lot of them after I book talk the title. I love that there us an educational component with it being set during world war 2.
Kitty
Feb 06, 2011 Kitty rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-lit
I liked this format, except I would like to have had page numbers showing where I came from so it would be easier to track the story.
Dillon
Nov 15, 2012 Dillon rated it it was amazing
THis was a good book. I read it for my History Day project and it helped me with alot of facts and sources.
Josh
Jan 11, 2011 Josh rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 3rd-quarter
This book gives alot of information. It is about the attaack on pearl harbor. You can pick who you are and what your actions are. I liked it.
Kaylin
Jul 19, 2014 Kaylin rated it really liked it
i love this book. I think it is because i went to Pearl Harbor at Hawaii too so I could picture everything that was happening!
Swilliam000
Nov 21, 2012 Swilliam000 rated it it was amazing
i like this book because it feels like you are there.
Tory
Tory rated it it was amazing
Dec 13, 2011
Wendy
Wendy rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2015
Jason
Jason rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2016
Zachary
Zachary rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2015
Tom Barker
Nov 03, 2013 Tom Barker rated it liked it
Good but a little thin. Maybe would've been better with a bit more post Pearl Harbor attack info.
Kris Cram
Kris Cram rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2013
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2016
Noah Meckes
Noah Meckes rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2016
Zach
Zach rated it liked it
Oct 09, 2014
Bell
Bell rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
A professional freelance author who began her career in publishing as an avid D&D player, Lassieur worked for thirteen years in the publishing industry as an editor for magazines such as Disney Adventures and Highlights for Children.

She's edited game products for TSR, West End Games, and Sierra Online. In addition, she has more than two dozen nonfiction children's books to her credit and has c
More about Allison Lassieur...

You Choose Books (1 - 10 of 64 books)
  • The Underground Railroad: An Interactive History Adventure