Start by marking “Hot & Bothered (Marine # 3)” as Want to Read:
Hot & Bothered (Marine # 3)

Hot & Bothered (Marine #3)

3.82  ·  Rating Details ·  2,048 Ratings  ·  99 Reviews
When Victoria Hamilton's vacation fling resulted in a baby, she began a new life far from her overbearing family. Now Tori's father has been murdered - and her half brother, Jared, needs her help to prove his innocence. But confronting her past when she comes face-to-face with private investigator John "Rocket" Miglionni sure isn't what she had in mind.

Thrilled to find the
Published June 1st 2009 by HQN Books (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Hot & Bothered, please sign up.

Maria I grabbed this book not knowing it was part of a series and didn't have any issues

Anica
Oct 18, 2008 Anica rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This book was such a huge disappointment! I can't say that I was looking forward to read it. But I expected it to be an entertaining novel. Something that you read and feel good about you know?
Wow, and than this shit came along!

I only was on page 5 or so when Susan Andersen mentioned that Victoria (the heroine) has a girl. Me = super suspicious. And hey, 5 pages later, the hero suddenly stumbles across Tori (WTF?) and 2 more pages, OMG!SHE IS MY KID! Just looking at her eyes made him realize thi
Brandy *Ahviel*
Nov 13, 2010 Brandy *Ahviel* rated it really liked it
When Victoria Hamilton's vacation fling resulted in a baby, she began a new life far from her overbearing family. Now Tori's father has been murdered—and her half brother, Jared, needs her help to prove his innocence. But confronting her past when she comes face-to-face with private investigator John "Rocket" Miglionni sure isn't what she had in mind.
Thrilled to find the woman who once rocked his world, John takes one look at her little girl and gets the shock of his life. Now the rugged former
ElaineY
Hot & Bothered came out five years ago but reading it now I couldn't tell, except for Rocket using a Palm Pilot instead of a Blackberry.

I adored Rocket - and it isn't coz he's named after a dick that's like a suborbital transportation system. Sigh. Okay, that does count for a bit but in general, Rocket is likable, sexy and made a great hero.

Six years ago, Victoria had a one-nighter with Rocket while on holiday and ended up preggers. Since he'd made it clear at the time it was a no-strings fl
Anita
Sep 13, 2012 Anita rated it really liked it
Shelves: romantic-supense
Tori has a fling with a Marine who has a "Rocket" in his pants and a love-em-and-leave-em attitude. After their week, Tori runs. Fast forward 6 years, Tori's dad is murdered, her brother flees and she comes face to face with John, aka "Rocket" again. John is a PI her attorney has hired to find the brother. This is great, love (fantastic sex to John) found again. Did I mention Tori has a 5 year old daughter? John spots it right away, this kid is his. The plot is very well constructed and although ...more
Crystal
Jul 09, 2008 Crystal rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
For the first half of this book I literally wanted to STAB A SHARP NEEDLE IN MY EYE. It was so BO-RING. I was tempted to just stop reading it(several times), but I'm one of those people that HAS to finish a book no matter what. So I begrudgingly plugged along. It did pick up a little in the second half of the book and there's a bit of mystery that keeps your attention for a while. But honestly, I don't even think I'll keep this book. I'm giving it away to the next person that annoys me and deser ...more
Ning
อานไดเพลิน ๆ

ไมคอยมีลุนตัวพระนาง ..
เปิดเรืองมา กพระเอกกมีลูกกับนางเอกไปแลว (ลูกอายุ 5 ปีละ)
เลยขาดอารมณหวือหวาไปซักหนอย
จะเนนอารมณของพระเอกเรืองการทำใจยอมรับการเปลียนแปลงซะมากกวา

แตคูเดก (ทีจะเปนพระนางในเลมหนา) นารักนาชังดี
ยังเดกๆ กันอยูเลย
รีบหยิบเลมตอไปมาอานทันที

ให 3.5 ดาวคะ

อานจากเลมแปล "รักประทับรอย" อารีแอล สนพ แกวกานต
Christine Seybolt
Jun 14, 2009 Christine Seybolt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Victoria Hamilton’s vacation fling resulted in a baby, she began a new life far from her overbearing family. Now Tori’s father has been murdered—and her half brother, Jared needs her help to prove his innocence. But confronting her past when she comes face-to-face with private investigator John “Rocket” Miglionni sure isn’t what she had in mind.

Thrilled to find the woman who once rocked his world. John takes one look at her little girl and gets the shock of his life. Now the rugged former M
Lauren
Feb 02, 2017 Lauren rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was pretty good. The beginning of the story dragged a bit for me. I just wasn't too surprised by the ending.
Danielle Doelle
The runaway teen subplot was what kept me reading. The love story was a bit overdone for me taste...
Sabrina (Soter) Sally
Apr 04, 2014 Sabrina (Soter) Sally rated it really liked it
"Mi eccitavi, ma mi facevi anche ridere e pensare. Mi facevi sentire... me stesso. Mi capitava raramente con le donne, ma sapevo che con te sarei stato disposto a essere me stesso, se significava riuscire ad averti vicina."

Tanto per cambiare ancora una volta ho iniziato una serie praticamente dalla fine XD "Brividi di passione" infatti è il terzo della serie Marine, dedicata appunto ad un gruppo di amici che hanno condiviso la carriera militare (che qui ritroviamo già accoppiati e felici). Il li
Christine
Rocket gets his girls. In spite of the frilly pink cover this book was a bit darker than some of Ms. Andersen's recent works. All centered around a murder plot and the surprise of a lifetime. John Miglioni is a former Marine turned PI and after an explosive affair which results in a child that he never knew he had he is forced back in to the life of his child's mother to help her solve the murder of her father and to prove her brother was NOT the murderer. Simple enough until presented with proo ...more
Amanda
Apr 15, 2009 Amanda rated it liked it
Shelves: susan-andersen
This is book 3 of the Marines series by Susan Andersen, the story of Victoria Hamilton, and John "Rocket" Miglionni, and it took me forever to finish this book. I honestly couldn't tell you if the reason why it took so long was because of the book itself for if I kept getting to busy to read it. I usually don't like books that involve kids (sorry not a kid person), they don't pull at my heat strings, mostly I feel they usually bog the story down. But this one wasn't so bad. The HEA was happy and ...more
Fedora
Mar 13, 2015 Fedora rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A solid four to four and a half stars.

Likable characters--Tori and John/Rocket were entertaining together and I liked that even though this was basically a secret baby story (which I tend to hate), they tackle that straightaway and get right into an interesting reunion with a side order of murder mystery...

This is mostly a light-hearted contemporary, and while the plot is solid and definitely kept my attention, this is primarily about Tori and John figuring out that indeed, they might have had a
Michelle Jansen
Nov 19, 2009 Michelle Jansen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I had to make myself finish this book. It took me several weeks to do it. I kept putting it down and reading other books. My husband told me just to pitch it in the recycle bin and not waste any more time on it but I figured that I paid for it so I should at least try to get all the way through it.

The plot was good but the writing was terrible and not engaging at all. I never connected with the characters so I didn't really care about what happened. There were a ton of characters thrown in at th
July
May 18, 2008 July rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: home-library
Victoria Hamilton and John Hamilton better known as "Rocket" had a wild no strings, no last names vacation fling that resulted in Tori's lovely daughter Esme.
Now six years later John is investigated the murder of Tori's father which Tori's brother has be accused of. Jared Tori's brother has run off and Semper-Fi investigation is here to try and help find Jared when Tori and "Rocket" set eyes on one another they can't believe it. When Tori's daughter comes running into the run. John is angry and
babyfishmouth
I've read some other Susan Andersen books that I've really liked. This one, though, just didn't work for me. I usually avoid "secret baby" or "second chance romance" plots and this had both. I should have followed my instincts and not bothered with this one.
The sub-plot with the 17yr old runaway was mildly interesting, though.

Oh..and the hero's giant phallus and subsequent nickname was eye-rolling stupid. I know that is suppose to lend credibilty to the heroine's inability to resist him but it
Diah Didi
I always love the one-night-stand-resulted-a-baby-without-the-man-knew-any-about-it-and-then-years-later-they-met-and-he-found-out-he's-a-father theme. Well, why I used so many - - -? Because you would find many of it in this novel. :D

Anyway, I was a bit disappointed because John found out about his daughter a bit too soon. And the climax when they found out Ford's killer was a bit flat.
Somehow I liked the part of Jared and P.J. Although I got myself to think, do boys really paid attention to a
Ari
Jun 21, 2010 Ari rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved it but um excuuuuse me?? What the heck happened with Jared and PJ...that was the cutest second love story and it just ended like that???? do they like get a story in another book like what I just dont understand?!?!?!? that epilogue was a sad excuse of patching things up....they didnt even talk in it. like their whole friendship just ended out of nowhere. Why do these things GET THEIR OWN BOOK WHERE THEY ARE OLDER AND READY FOR A REAL RELATIONSHIP??? pleasepleasepleaseplease...I would be ...more
Pam Masters
Not a super fantastic read, but I loved the underlying mystery and the fact there was not any clues to directly point to whodunit. What I didn't really care for was the way the main characters kept dwelling on the fact they were from opposite sides of the tracks. In my opinion that just seemed to drag the story down.

Overall not bad, would say it's a good summer read, or one to curl up and ride by the fire with a hot chocolate in the winter.
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
At first I thought this was going to be a "fluff" book and in a way it is but it is a bit more intense than that. There is a mystery of who killed Tori's father and what a twist that turned out to be! Then Tori's fling 6 years ago shows up and what does he discover, he's a father!

Good book and the secondary storyline of PJ and Jared (Tori's brother and PJ is a girl he meets on the streets in Denver) has its own book called Coming Undone and is set about 5 years later.
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Uh, wow! I liked this book and not just because of the aforementioned appendange...although it does make sense as to why Tori just couldn't go there with anyone else after sleeping with Rocket. "Busy" my left foot! She just knew that any other man, regardless of talent/technique, would fall sadly short. LOL. No pun intended! OK. Mind in the gutter. Time to end this review. It was a bit slow in parts, but it could be that I was on edge to get to the next "scene." :-)
Linda
Mar 31, 2012 Linda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I re-read this book so I could read the next one and remember what had happened. This was a good book and I enjoyed it completely. The name and cover does not reflect the storyline at all since it is about Rocker, a former Marine, who had a week with no questions asked with a lovely young lady, Victoria. They both had feelings that went beyond "no questions asked" and after six years they meet again in a professional capacity and had to decide if those feelings were real or not.
R*beth*h Hart
Nov 27, 2009 R*beth*h Hart rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was given to me by a fellow reader. I enjoyed the storyline and the whodunnit? But the bulk of the story is set in the main two characters minds and you just wish they had the balls to stop thinking and take action. The limited sensual scenes were adequate enough to warrant the book title but definitely left you in that state with barely any satisfaction. I also found the ending to just drop off, I know it needs to end but there just didn't seem to be enough closure in my opinion.
Crystal
Sep 23, 2008 Crystal rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Crystal by: Kate
Shelves: chick-lit
not my favorite book. I found myself skipping pieces, especially any of the sex scenes. these were the WORST, most poorly written sex scenes I've ever read--they were embarrassingly bad and the opposite of sexy. and yet, as Kate told me, the book is horribly compelling. I mostly read for the subplot--PJ and Jared. I wish there'd been more about them, especially towards the end. not the best book I've ever read, but not the worst either.
Donnajo
Read 92 pages of this book and thought it sounded like I knew everything that was going to happen and the people from the past. Turns out I looked though my book journal and I read the book in 2007. So stopped reading it. Hated that I gave it so much time already when I could have been reading something else. Oh well.

Suzan
Jun 12, 2012 Suzan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
As with all Susan Andersen's, it was a quick, light, entertaining read. I'm not looking for Shakespeare when I'm with her. I think I liked her Sisterhood Series a bit more, but this was entertaining and enough to keep me going. Of course I knew the two main characters were going to get together from the start, but so what.
Tressa
Hot & Bothered was initially fun, but I wasn’t enamored with John’s antagonist attitude. I understand it was a shock to discover a child, but it was apparent that it was a no-strings brief relationship with Victoria. In fact, Victoria made excellent points when she discussed the relationship with him. I stopped reading the book because I expected more maturity from John.
Gamatst
Jan 14, 2010 Gamatst rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
Although I really like Susan Andersen I'm not a fan of the "baby/child I never knew about" plot. So this one fell a little flat for me.

I have this book on my audio TBR pile and I'll have to see if listening to it someday improves it's rating for me. Sometimes the audio version can bring a whole new light to a book.
Ellie
This is a good book. I especially liked the subplot with Jared and PJ the most. So much so that I immediately went and read the follow up booked about their relationship. After reading both I think this book was much stronger.

I haven't read the first two book in this series and am not eager too, but this book was a joy to read.
Lindsey
May 03, 2012 Lindsey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book. Then I found out it was Book #3! So I still need to read books #1-2, which are Head Over Heels and Getting Lucky. There is also a book #4 in the series called Coming Undone.
  • The Girl Most Likely To...
  • Baby Jane Doe (The Precinct, #4)
  • My Spy (SEAL and Code Name, #3)
  • Beware of Doug (Guys & Dogs, #2)
  • Do Not Disturb
  • Hot Item (Hot Zone, #3)
  • Lola Carlyle Reveals All
  • Something Wild
  • Fast & Loose (Kentucky Derby, #1)
  • Underfoot (Bellagio #2)
  • The Mackenzie Family (Mackenzie Family, #3-4)
  • Sinfully Sexy
  • Murphy's Law (Law, #2)
  • All of Me (Wedding Veil Wishes, #4)
I grew up in a household with two brothers, a daddy, and my grandfather. Too many men, in other words. They diluted M'ma's influence by diverting my attention to things like the danger of answering nature's call in the dead of the night. I've got a hint for those of you raised in a less spit-and-scratch world: check before you sit, because chances are that seat is gonna be up. And they don't even ...more
More about Susan Andersen...

Marine (4 books)
  • Head Over Heels (Marine #1)
  • Getting Lucky (Marine, #2)
  • Coming Undone (Marine, #4)