Start by marking “Spiritual Birthline: Understanding How We Experience the New Birth” as Want to Read:
Spiritual Birthline: Understanding How We Experience the New Birth

Spiritual Birthline: Understanding How We Experience the New Birth

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  2 reviews
"'Born again' is a common expression that few people understand. In a compelling way Stephen Smallman helps us understand that it is the supernatural work of the Holy Spirit. This book will prove profitable to all who read it."
-Jerry Bridges, author, The Pursuit of Holiness

"Stephen Smallman's stories of how God brings people to new life in Christ are exhilarating-and his
Published March 6th 2006 by Crossway Books

To ask other readers questions about Spiritual Birthline, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spiritual Birthline

Angela
Smallman makes helpful observations in understanding what conversion and spiritual birth are. He makes a helpful analogy to physical pregnancy, birth, and growth. At times, the writing isn't particularly gripping, but it's clear and I would recommend to Christian parents, especially.
Melanie
Jun 10, 2008 Melanie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Melanie by: RUF UNC-CH
I read this in the spring of my junior year in college, and it was very helpful to me in gaining some biblical perspective on the experience of Christian conversion.
Todd Ferry
Todd Ferry marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Molly
Molly added it
Jul 21, 2014
Katherine
Katherine marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Gracie
Gracie marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2013
Jim Mortland
Jim Mortland is currently reading it
Nov 10, 2013
Tom Hamming
Tom Hamming marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2013
The Walk, Steps for New and Renewed Followers of Jesus What is a Reformed Church? (Basics of the Reformed Faith) How Our Children Come to Faith (Basics of the Reformed Faith) What Is True Conversion? (Basics of the Faith) (Basics of the Reformed Faith) Forty Days on the Mountain: Meditations on Knowing God