Start by marking “OM Yoga: A Guide to Daily Practice” as Want to Read:
OM Yoga: A Guide to Daily Practice

OM Yoga: A Guide to Daily Practice

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  115 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Too busy to attend yoga class but can't be bothered to read the endless instructions in the latest yoga book? In OM Yoga: A Daily Practice, celebrated yoga instructor Cyndi Lee brings the rigors and reqards of yoga class to the home with a totally unique method of teaching. Instead of wordy directiosn and minimal pictures, each series of asanas is communicated entirely thr ...more
Published June 1st 2002 by Chronicle Books

To ask other readers questions about OM Yoga, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about OM Yoga

Vicki
The best thing about this book is how it gives you ideas on how to put things together -- it's well organized, it doesn't have pictures of weird yogis in spandex short shorts, and is easy to flip through. The only downside is that some of the poses are difficult to unpick -- the stick figures are uncomplicated, but that works for and against them at times.
Ransom
May 15, 2011 Ransom rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: yoga
This book is illustrated with the author's own stick-figures. Most of the time the stick-figures are awesome, because for a lot of poses (especially if you're already part of a class) the little notes are all you need to get your home practice going.

This is one of the first yoga books I purchased and I learned a great deal about putting practices together by using some of Lee's moves as a foundation. There is a different practice for each day of the week to keep practitioners from doing the sam
Cathleen
A great little do-it-yourself yoga book. Glad I've had the experience of teacher-led classes, though, as the adorable stick figure drawings aren't super clear.
April
Recommended by my instructor. It's a handy book to have around, I like that it's spiral bound. By far the best within my yoga collection. I think it's probably a little easier to use if you already have a basic understanding of yoga(like a few beginner's classes).
Savannah
This is similar to what we're doing in classes with nice annotated stick figure drawings that convey the poses better than most photo books I've seen. Also has good sets of poses to work on different areas as well as a daily warmup.
Mari D
May 10, 2007 Mari D rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: beginners like me
I was introduced to this book a few years ago having never done any sort of yoga. The explanations are simple and the pictures of the moves are stick figures yet its fun and understandable!
Annette
Great warmup followed by seven different routines for each day of the week. Stick figures illustrations are really easy to follow.
Emily
May 06, 2013 Emily rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: yoga
This is a great book for people who want to practice at home but need help with variety and sequencing.
Sherry
May 05, 2009 Sherry is currently reading it
going to start this tomorrow May 6th 2009 it is illustrated with stick figures LOL looks like fun sorta
Ayashe
The Sunday poses are a little too advanced for me, but overall it was a nice little book.
Jen
Nicely organized and I love the way the stick figures represent the poses.
Diana
Great book! Really simple yoga you can do at home in 15-20 minutes.
Kimberley
Insightful but too slight to warrant more than 3 stars.
Jtreed06
Great for when I can't make it to class.
katie
Jun 03, 2008 katie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: yogi-wannabes
Shelves: health
god, i love this thing.
Cheryl Gardner
Cheryl Gardner marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Mira
Mira added it
Nov 16, 2014
Anne-jetske Procee
Anne-jetske Procee marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
catzkc
catzkc added it
Nov 11, 2014
Jonathan
Jonathan marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Kelly Hamric
Kelly Hamric marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Sun
Sun marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Ana
Ana marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Jim Novak
Jim Novak marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
  • Yoga The Spirit And Practice Of Moving Into Stillness
  • Living Your Yoga: Finding the Spiritual in Everyday Life
  • Happy Yoga: 7 Reasons Why There's Nothing to Worry About
  • Light on the Yoga Sūtras of Patañjali
  • The Secret Power of Yoga: A Woman's Guide to the Heart and Spirit of the Yoga Sutras
  • Myths of the Asanas: The Ancient Origins of Yoga
  • Yoga Anatomy
  • Power Yoga: The Total Strength and Flexibility Workout
Cyndi Lee is the first female Western yoga teacher to fully integrate yoga asana and Tibetan Buddhism in her practice and teaching. In 1998, she founded the OM yoga Center in NYC, which became a mecca for yogis worldwide. One of the most influential teachers in the U.S., Cyndi is known for her dynamic and contemplative classes, creative, safe and sane sequencing, smart and soulful teachings -- all ...more
More about Cyndi Lee...
May I Be Happy: A Memoir of Love, Yoga, and Changing My Mind Yoga Body, Buddha Mind Om Yoga Today: A Yoga Practice for 5, 15, 30, 60, and 90 Minutes OM Yoga In A Box: Beginners OM Yoga In A Box: Intermediate