Start by marking “Beanworld, Vol. 3: Remember Here When You are There!” as Want to Read:
Beanworld, Vol. 3: Remember Here When You are There!

Beanworld, Vol. 3: Remember Here When You are There! (Beanworld #3)

4.40  ·  Rating Details  ·  94 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Fifteen years in the making, Remember Here When You Are There completes the "Springtime" cycle of Beanworld stories, chronicling the season in which the perfect harmony of the Beanworld is interrupted for the first time in memory. Larry Marder's Beanworld is a most peculiar comic book experience. Inspired by equal parts Jack Kirby, Native American Mythology, Marcel Duchamp ...more
Published December 15th 2009 by Dark Horse Originals

To ask other readers questions about Beanworld, Vol. 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beanworld, Vol. 3

Ratiocination
Dec 09, 2009 Ratiocination rated it really liked it
I guess this book faced a difficult challenge, as it's meant to close up a major story arc in a series that I started reading as a small child, and was used to thinking of as unfinished. Since this was the only reprint volume that was completely new to me, it might be worthwhile to go back and read the whole series as a unit now. I'm intrigued by Marder's description of Beanworld thus far as the "spring cycle," with whatever comes next moving into summer, as well as an implication of changes in ...more
Patricia Barrows
Jun 03, 2014 Patricia Barrows rated it it was amazing
I have the first several issues of the comic book from way back when. I've always loved the Beanworld series. Unfortunately, I gave my set of hard cover books to my oldest son and he's read them to pieces. I need to order a new set for myself.
Jonathan
Wow, all new Beanworld material - after 15 years. A lot of things are wrapped up in this book as this book completes the 'Springtime cycle'. In the afterword Larry Marder states that he wanted the springtime to end with Mr. Spook getting his trusty fork back and that Heyoka would return to the Beanworld.

A lot happens in this book, in fact compared to the leisurely pace of the other books, Book 3 seems to proceed at a cracking pace. The cuties are growing, the relationship between Beanish and Dr
Stephanie Griffin
Jan 09, 2010 Stephanie Griffin rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: young & old graphic novel fans.
After 15 years, Larry Marder has finally added to his comic legend of Beanworld. This hardback volume, titled REMEMBER HERE WHEN YOU ARE THERE! is full of adventures with Mr. Spook, the Cuties, Notworm, Professor Garbanzo and the other regulars.
All ages should enjoy this mind-trip. Many of the panels are wordless, letting you interpret as you will. My favorite characters are the tiny Cuties and the never-speaking Notworm. The expressive Boom’r Band musicians are another fave.
I liked this graphic
Reed
Jun 06, 2010 Reed rated it liked it
For fans of the Beanworld universe, this is a no-brainer. Get it. Devour it. Moan that you have to wait for the next volume. That said, I have to admit I didn't quite enjoy it as much as the previous works--mostly because it felt a bit unfinished. I want to see what happens next!

For newcomers, do NOT begin here. Pick up Beanworld volume 1 for an introduction to one of the most creative graphic novels of all time. Trust me, you've seen nothing like Marder's combination of ecology, Native American
Cheri
I didn't enjoy the third volume as much as the first or second. The cuties' storyline moved very slow (and was repeat learning for me as a reader much of the time) and while yeah, they are adorable, they weren't very interesting to be drawn so long. Still, the collection had redeeming value and was ultimately enjoyable.
Dec 19, 2009 John rated it it was amazing
At last! After 15 years, new Beanworld material! And after all of this time, Larry Marder does not disappoint. The story and characters pick up as if there was no break at all. The world expands, the language grows, the characters learn, and head toward... what? Gran'Ma'Pa only knows, but I'm glad to be back on the journey!
Kari
Jun 19, 2010 Kari rated it it was amazing
Well, that was quick! I was waiting for a chapter break and there aren't any. The Beanworld continues to evolve...
Eric Orchard
May 20, 2010 Eric Orchard rated it it was amazing
As good or better then ever.
Byrdie
Byrdie rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2016
Mike Patek
Mike Patek rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2016
Loren M.
Loren M. marked it as to-read
May 28, 2016
BoB11322
BoB11322 marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2016
Dusty
Dusty rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2016
Bill Peschel
Bill Peschel marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2016
Robert Monk
Robert Monk rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2016
Tony DeSimone
Tony DeSimone rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2016
John rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2016
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Donna Anoskey
Donna Anoskey rated it it was amazing
Aug 07, 2015
Carl Godfrey
Carl Godfrey rated it it was amazing
Jul 26, 2015
John rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2015
Kenys
Kenys rated it liked it
Jun 14, 2015
Brian Moreau
Brian Moreau rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2015
Simon Bucher-jones
Simon Bucher-jones rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2015
Christopher
Christopher rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2015
Richard
Richard rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2015
Laura L
Laura L rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2015
Mike Stop
Mike Stop rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Larry Marder is the creator of Tales of the Beanworld.
More about Larry Marder...

Beanworld (4 books)
  • Beanworld, Vol. 1: Wahoolazuma!
  • Beanworld, Vol. 2: A Gift Comes!
  • Beanworld Volume 3.5: Tales of the Beanworld