One Piece, Volume 21: Utopia (One Piece, #21)

One Piece, Volume 21: Utopia (One Piece #21)

4.46 of 5 stars 4.46  ·  rating details  ·  1,324 ratings  ·  14 reviews
R to L (Japanese Style). UtopiaThe Straw Hats are keeping the Officer Agents preoccupied while Vivi makes her way to the palace. Sanji's got his hands full with Mr. 2 Bon Clay while Zolo battles mano a mano with Mr. 1--or rather sword to sword body in this case! That leaves Nami on her own with Ms. Doublefinger--a prickly predicament with only her wits and Usopp's special...more
Published June 2nd 2009 by VIZ Media LLC (first published December 4th 2001)

Wickedshizuku (and the Jedi pup)
May 11, 2014 Wickedshizuku (and the Jedi pup) rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anime fans, Manga fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: Sgt. Brandon S. Hocking R.I.P.
Shelves: manga, reviewed
We start this volume off with Chapter 187: Even Force, Yet Powerful Enemies.
The war in Arabasta is at its peak. Princess Vivi finds Chaka one of the generals of the country, and updates him on the developing schemes of Baroque Works.
Meanwhile Sanji is fighting Mr. 2 Bon Clay. The odds between the two almost evenly matched. To me this seemed like this was Sanji's toughest battle to date because of the similar fighting styles, and Sanji's inability to hurt a woman. If you're wondering what I mean,...more
Marilag
Oh gods, the Arabasta arc has probably some of the more fantastic fights up to this point in the graphic novels. Again, notes, no reviews!

- Sanji and Mr. 2 Bon Clay. I can't hate Bon Clay, not after the things he does later on, and it was so easy to like him even in the fight. I mean, he found Sanji's weakness. That, in itself, is something to be commended for. And Sanji, in turn, was suave as usual.
- NAMI ROCKED. If I had to have a girly-crush on any anime female, it would be on Nami, hands dow...more
Jeffrey
While this volume is "fight, fight, fight," as others have commented,Eiichiro Oda wisely keeps two of the fights light and comedic through clever usage of his characters.

Featuring Nami's battle against Doublefinger and Sanji vs Bon Clay, these battles allow the protagonists the spotlight and to express their personalities in entertaining fashion. The one serious fight, Zola vs. Mr 1. acts as a counterbalance, bringing things back to core when the narrative threatens to spin beyond its already s...more
Novia
For me, One Piece is best Manga ever written. The story always touch my heart, it is a combination of faithful friendship, laughter, loyalty and action.
Some people might find this manga as silly and pointless (I’ve heard this before) but they never truly read the Manga and therefore judging it simply from the cover. I’ve been in that position too…and thank God I finally looked beyond the cover and found the greatest adventure any Mangaka ever written.

More about One Piece at my blog http://bokuno...more
Patricia BookExhibitionism
I'm not really interested in reviewing this series, but I want to have a recap for myself, in case I'm searching for a specific scene in the future, which is why I actually plan to reread the whole series in 2012.

- Vivi wants to blow off the palace to stop the rebellion. Unfortunately Crocodile arrives and stops it all and stuff..
- Sanji and Mr. 2 fight. Hilarious! Sanji wins.
- Zoro and Nami moment, they fight against Mr.1 and Miss Doublefinger. Gotta love Nami because..
- Nami wins! Yeeha!
- Zo...more
S. J.
Jun 14, 2013 S. J. rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Manga lovers, teenage boys and girls, people interested in manga, fans of the series
Recommended to S. by: The Anime
Lots of stuff going on in this volume; too much if you ask me. None of Luffy's gang get a chance to really shine as they quickly hustle through their battles.

Vivi is once again rendered virtually helpless - they are really pushing the princess cliche here.

No Luffy...is he really dead? (Of course not, but it's crazy how the people start to wonder right away.)

Crocodile continues to be bad...is it just me or is there hardly any depth to him? He acts supremely evil but there isn't enough about him...more
Robert Beveridge
Eiichiro Oda, One Piece: Utopia (ViZ, 1997)

Coherence has returned, though it still feels like Oda is drawing this battle out longer than necessary. Nami, Zolo, and Sanji's individual battles are depicted in this volume, with Nami's by far being the best. There's a bit of plot advancement as well, but not much. Better than the volume before, but not one of the best. *** ½
Lord
Maybe I got a bit tired by One Piece but this volume is my least favourite so far. It's practically only about two fights and I found both of them (Sanji's and Nami's) quite stupid. Sanji's kicking action was very weird and Nami's weather-control weapon created by Usopp (uhhh...) was even more weird. I'm reluctant to continue with the series at the moment.
Jasper
pretty fun read. the Nami weather sticks thing was...interesting. every time Sanji fights, it seems like he turns into a bloody pulp but still gets to walk away from it...makes me think that he ate the Wolverine Fruit or something.
Sara
I don't even know what to say, this volume was so good, I loved every minute of it!
Indah Threez Lestari
#Program BUBU

Pertama kali dibeli dan dibaca pada tanggal 30 Oktober 2004.
Joy
Anna
Feb 11, 2013 Anna rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Nami's fight: clearly a highlight of everything
Fabio Fernandes
Zoro cut the iron... cool!!!
Carolina
Carolina marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Katie
Katie added it
Jul 19, 2014
  • NARUTO -ナルト- 巻ノ六十二
  • Fairy Tail, Vol. 15 (Fairy Tail, #15)
208650