Start by marking “Mad Blood (Drone Vampire Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
Mad Blood (Drone Vampire Chronicles, #2)

Mad Blood (Drone Vampire Chronicles #2)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  270 ratings  ·  16 reviews

Ever since being released from the paranormal prison that served as his home for ten years, all Dante wanted to do was pick up the pieces of his shattered life. Once one the most respected vampires, he now is a shell of what he used to be, both emotionally and socially. Taking shelter with a rebel band of Drone Vampires, he has given up any hope of true happiness.

Then whe

Published (first published April 15th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Mad Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mad Blood

JenMcJ
This is the second book in a series. I was able to read it as a stand alone and figure out what is going on but it clearly has another book or two to finish the story. I was irritated that I did not realzie there was a first book though as well as more to follow.

The first book is M/F and the next book looks like it will be M/F as well with this M/M story in between.
Ami
This is the 2nd book of the series; and the second book I read (I first read book #5). Like my review for book #5, the series is a continuation where each new book seems to pick up where the previous left off. However, since the 1st book features an m/f couple, I jump immediately into this one -- resulting in missing the first time Dante and Brenden met. Nevertheless, there are still bits of information about what happened between them (in book #1) so I am okay with it.

I think both Dante and Bre
Lee
Mad Blood, the second book in Ms. Hecht's Drone Vampire Chronicles, continues the escapades of the Toren brothers as they fight and fuck their way through the paranormal world. Dante, the middle brother, finds his mate, Brenden, thus ending his role as clan whore. Unlike the first book, Blood Lust, Mad Blood doesn't expose us to any M/F sex scenes, and I am grateful for that. However, I've been warned that the third book isn't so kind, and in fact evolves around a M/F/M relationship. Maybe this ...more
Wai
I would LOVE to give this four stars but the glaring errors made me want to punch someone in the face. I would have been less angry if this had been a self-pub. Unfortunately, it wasn't! I'm kind of surprised that an editor or a proofreader didn't catch the missing words or even the typos.

And it is extra frustrating because I actually like this book. It feels a little insta-love-ish but there's the whole "mates" trope so I was fine with that. I liked Brenden, though. And I liked Dante as well.
Ayanna
La-dee-dah, reading these completely out of order and I don't care!

Proofreading issues *sigh

The story isn't bad. The characters are actually a bit built up.

I kept waiting for a legit Dante-insane scene, and it never happened. Annoyed me. Right cock-tease, that is, telling us he's completely bat-shit crazy and then having him be not actually off his rocker.
Cole Riann

I didn't read the first book because it's m/f, but I really like this series so far. I suppose I'll make myself read the next one and just try to skip the m/m/f parts.
Kimberly
My review cross-posted from Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/revie...

Since his release from the paranormal prison he was held in for ten years, Pure Blood vampire Dante Toren has yet to find the peace he so longs for. Leaving his brothers and the rebel Drone clan they now live with, Dante searches for some kind of mental and emotional equilibrium. When Dante is captured by some sickeningly evil monsters, rescue and redemption come from a most unlikely source. Brenden is everyth
I actually really enjoyed the story and the MCs and would have given more stars if the story was fleashed out a bit more and there was more of a build to the love parts instead of the insta-love. Maybe I missed something by not reading the first in the series but it was an M/F book so I skipped it.

Looking forward to reading more of the series.
Meggie
This story plot was staged fast and developed as well. The love between Brenden and Dante was explosive and not truly real. I sure liked the story, but somehow this fast developed relationship didn't feel real.
But overall, once again, I re-read the story and it was okay.
Veronica /  V
I had this book in my "to be read" pile for such a long time, I don't ask me why I diddn't read it sooner, bummer, now I have to read the whole series at once.
Never mind, it seems that I will thoroughly enjoy it. I hope I'm not wrong.
Karen K
I love Dante - he's a multi-dimensional character that really pulled at my heart with all his guilt and regrets. I think he found the perfect mate in Brendan; loyal, compassionate and strong, and I really enjoyed their saga.
Cherie Noel
Hot-Cha!! Another Slam-Dunk Alley-OOP/Homerun Knocked Out of the Park by Stephani Hecht...I loved it from start to finish, and at the end, all I could think was: Let there be more, merciful Heaven, please let there be MORE!!
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
I first read in September 2010

Then reread again not sure when

Third read may 2012

I love this story but Dante is kind of a douch and I wish brenden could have had a better mate.
Gwengwel
Note: Between the book 0.5 and this one, Micah personality and background story make a 180 degree.
Nicole Dennis
Nicole Dennis marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2015
Bethany Ruffino
Bethany Ruffino marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
B
B marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2015
Kylie Smith
Kylie Smith marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Marijke
Marijke marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Maggie Walsh
Maggie Walsh marked it as to-read
May 30, 2015
Bobby Corry
Bobby Corry marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
OkayKim
OkayKim marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
  • Blood Of A Leo (Solomon's Pride #1)
  • Secrets
  • Covenant in Blood (Partnership in Blood, #2)
  • To Hate and To Hold  (Anaboris Clan, #1)
  • Liquid Crimson (Neo's Realm, #1)
  • Duet in Blood (My Vampire and I, #3)
  • Reclamation (Dominion, #2)
  • Vamp Camp (Vamp Camp, #1)
  • Natural Instincts (Instincts, #1)
  • Nick of Time (Preters, #2)
  • Diamond in the Shade 1
  • The Cost of Eternity (Eternity, #1)
  • City of Blood (Blood Eclipse, #3)
  • Blacque/Bleu (Arcada #3)
  • Immortality is the Suck (Adam & Peter, #1)
2047242
Stephani Hecht is a happily married mother of two. Born and raised in Michigan, she loves all things about the state, from the frigid winters to the Detroit Red Wings hockey team. Go Wings! You can usually find her snuggled up to her laptop, creating her next book or gorging on caffeine at her favorite coffee shop.

When she’s not running around like crazy, trying to get her kids to their various ac
More about Stephani Hecht...

Drone Vampire Chronicles (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Blood Lust (Drone Vampire Chronicles, #1)
  • Blood and Magic (Drone Vampire Chronicles, #3)
  • In Passion and Blood (Drone Vampire Chronicles, #4)
  • Saved by Love's Blood (Drone Vampire Chronicles, #5)
  • A Cherished Christmas (Drone Vampire Chronicles, #6)
  • Bound by Blood (Drone Vampire Chronicles, #7)
  • Reborn in Blood (Drone Vampire Chronicles, #8)
  • Retribution in Blood (Drone Vampire Chronicles, #9)
  • Enslaved By Blood (Drone Vampire Chronicles, #10)
  • Blood and Alchemy (Drone Vampire Chronicles, #11)
Primal Passions (Lost Shifters, #1) Savage Awakenings (Lost Shifters, #3) A Feral Christmas (Lost Shifters, #2) Carnal Intentions (Lost Shifters, #4) An Assassin's Touch (Lost Shifters, #9)