Acorns Everywhere!

Acorns Everywhere!

3.14 of 5 stars 3.14  ·  rating details  ·  141 ratings  ·  39 reviews
His giant squid stole our hearts. His orange squirrel will steal our...acorns?! Bonk! When an acorn hits him on the head, a chubby squirrel takes stock. And what does he see? ACORNS EVERYWHERE! With a jolt of hilarious manic energy, he gets to work?Gather! Dig! Bury! Readers will know, even if the squirrel doesn?t, that ?gather? does not mean prying acorns from the mouth o...more
Published September 17th 2009 by Dial

Kate
I am a sucker for cartoonish illustrations, and Kevin Sherry's squirrel just makes me smile. I mean, just look at that face on the cover! The illustrations are ADORABLE.

Very simple picture book featuring an over-zealous squirrel gathering his lunch of acorns. Now if he could remember where he put them...

Shannon
Short, cute book. The pictures are bright and colorful but the text is very limited. Probably best for young toddlers; our 4 year old wanted to know where the rest of the story was but our 2 year old was very excited to see the squirrel racing about.
Beverly
Quite funny with cute, big-eyed animals, and collage pictures.
Stacy
Cute and silly book about squirrels and acorns
Rebecca
Super cute, squirrel is obsessed with Acorns.
Dena (Batch of Books)
Acorns Everywhere is an absolutely hilarious book about a squirrel frantically collecting acorns from every source he can find...including the paws and beaks of other animals.

He spends so much time gathering, digging, and burying, that when he gets hungry, he isn't quite sure where he put them all. So he has to settle for something else instead.

My only concern with this book was the way the squirrel grabbed acorns from other animals. But it did give me a good opportunity to talk with my kids ab...more
Taylor Darst
A very short and predicting book but an easy read for children!
Nielson
Although this book contains very little text, it was still an amusing read. The little squirrel in this book reminded me of the squirrel on Ice Age as he desperately hunts for and hides his acorns....but something always goes amiss! In this story, a bear misunderstands the word "bury" for "berry." This squirrel is up a tree and must figure out what to do and quick!
Melanie
Squirrel is busy gathering acorns. He's grabbing them from everywhere...and everyone. Bear comes along and distracts Squirrel from his gathering by discovering berries. Squirrel forgets about his acorns and begins gathering berries. He grabs them from everywhere...and everything.

Classic Kevin Sherry humor and illustrations sure to please all.
Maya
this book is very simple and graphic. and also a little...crazy? The squirrel has crazy eyes, which is part of the point, but my kids love that about it. They think it's hilarious. The squirrel buries his acorns all around, but is forgetful and in the end eats berries instead because he can't find the acorns!
Jackie
A busy and forgetful squirrel misplaces his acorns once his tummy goes rumble, grumble. Bear lives in the moment and eats the berries he finds, much to the chagrin of squirrel. That is until squirrel decides bear's idea is a good one.

Used for "Bears" Storytime: October, 2011.
Samantha
A forgetful squirrel feels compelled to gather, dig, and bury his acorns, but when it comes time to retrieve them he can't remember where he put them. A funny read aloud with illustrations rendered in watercolor, cut paper, and ink. PreK-2.
Heidi
I was hoping this would work for a toddler book. But the squirrel is so stingy and selfish, I'm having second thoughts about that. The pictures make me laugh. And some of the actions would have been fun. But I'm still not clicking with the book.
Sandybear76
A silly book that preschoolers will want to hear again and again. It is very short but the big pictures are good. The squirrel is busy hiding nuts but then he can't find them. His stomach grumbles and he looks for something else to eat.
Malika
A cute children's book about a squirrel collecting acorns. There's about 30 words in the book so its definitely for the little ones. The illustrations were a nice combination of computer made images and pictures.
Angela
in the vein of the shorts-squirrel on the trailer for Ice Age, this squirrel is hyper-vigalent, worried, and forgetful. Bold drawings, short text, great for storytimes.
Melissa
Goofy. The taped-on-dustjacket of my library copy hides most of the punchline: the mice in turn stealing the acorns after the squirrel steals their berries.
Michelle
Very, very cute! Would be a very fun read-aloud either at home or for storytime! Nice bold, colorful pictures and fun to "help" squirrel find those acorns!
Katie
Cute wacky and forgetful squirrels! This one reminds me of the spazzy squirell in that movie that Steve Carell did the voice for... Over the Hedge, maybe?
Jj
Quite a short book...I think that this would be fun for a toddler audience. Also, it is another fun addition to my SQUIRREL! bibliography.
Morgan
Very sparse text...Basically the squirrel is gathering and burying acorns. Then he gets hungry and can't remember where he hid them.
Danie P.
So cute. Simple words on every page age appropriate for toddlers/preschool. Excellent choice for a fall or winter storytime.
Vicki
Super illustrations help to tell this story that has brief, repetitive words. Great for fall/squirrel/acorn storytime.
Michelle Nero
What a funny, little squirrel! Gather, dig, bury . . . but who can remember where he put those acorns?
*Queen Diva*
Hahaha!! This book totally captured the life of a squirrel XD I loved the illustrations! Cute book
Katie Casey
I love this author/illustrator with his big colorful cartoon characters and his bold stories!
The Library Lady
The art is fun,but the story is disjointed and the limited text only adds to the confusion.
Peacegal
Read for Squirrel Awareness Week.

As colorful and frenetic as a Nickelodeon cartoon.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Monsters Don't Eat Broccoli
  • Up, Down, and Around
  • Flip, Flap, Fly!: A Book for Babies Everywhere
  • Pouch!
I'm The Biggest Thing in the Ocean I'm the Best Artist in the Ocean! I'm the Scariest Thing in the Castle Turtle Island The Yeti Files #1: Meet the Bigfeet