Start by marking “Acorns Everywhere!” as Want to Read:
Acorns Everywhere!

Acorns Everywhere!

His giant squid stole our hearts. His orange squirrel will steal our...acorns?! Bonk! When an acorn hits him on the head, a chubby squirrel takes stock. And what does he see? ACORNS EVERYWHERE! With a jolt of hilarious manic energy, he gets to work?Gather! Dig! Bury! Readers will know, even if the squirrel doesn?t, that ?gather? does not mean prying acorns from the mouth ...more
Published September 17th 2009 by Dial Books

To ask other readers questions about Acorns Everywhere!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Acorns Everywhere!

Kate
Sep 10, 2009 Kate rated it it was amazing
I am a sucker for cartoonish illustrations, and Kevin Sherry's squirrel just makes me smile. I mean, just look at that face on the cover! The illustrations are ADORABLE.

Very simple picture book featuring an over-zealous squirrel gathering his lunch of acorns. Now if he could remember where he put them...

Shannon
Oct 21, 2011 Shannon rated it it was ok
Shelves: childrens-books
Short, cute book. The pictures are bright and colorful but the text is very limited. Probably best for young toddlers; our 4 year old wanted to know where the rest of the story was but our 2 year old was very excited to see the squirrel racing about.
Beverly
Apr 24, 2012 Beverly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picturebooks
Quite funny with cute, big-eyed animals, and collage pictures.
Rebecca
Feb 10, 2010 Rebecca rated it really liked it
Super cute, squirrel is obsessed with Acorns.
Stacy
Apr 19, 2011 Stacy rated it really liked it
Cute and silly book about squirrels and acorns
Stefany Boleyn
Definitely didn't work for storytime, but it's a fun book. Squirrel isn't very nice (he takes things from the other animals), but he's also completely oblivious.
Casandria
Squirrel hides his acorns in a frenzy, and then can't remember where they are...
Fall animals
Squirrels
Dena (Batch of Books)
Acorns Everywhere is an absolutely hilarious book about a squirrel frantically collecting acorns from every source he can find...including the paws and beaks of other animals.

He spends so much time gathering, digging, and burying, that when he gets hungry, he isn't quite sure where he put them all. So he has to settle for something else instead.

My only concern with this book was the way the squirrel grabbed acorns from other animals. But it did give me a good opportunity to talk with my kids ab
Maya
Jan 14, 2013 Maya rated it liked it
this book is very simple and graphic. and also a little...crazy? The squirrel has crazy eyes, which is part of the point, but my kids love that about it. They think it's hilarious. The squirrel buries his acorns all around, but is forgetful and in the end eats berries instead because he can't find the acorns!
Nielson
Dec 07, 2009 Nielson rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
Although this book contains very little text, it was still an amusing read. The little squirrel in this book reminded me of the squirrel on Ice Age as he desperately hunts for and hides his acorns....but something always goes amiss! In this story, a bear misunderstands the word "bury" for "berry." This squirrel is up a tree and must figure out what to do and quick!
Melanie
Squirrel is busy gathering acorns. He's grabbing them from everywhere...and everyone. Bear comes along and distracts Squirrel from his gathering by discovering berries. Squirrel forgets about his acorns and begins gathering berries. He grabs them from everywhere...and everything.

Classic Kevin Sherry humor and illustrations sure to please all.
Jackie
A busy and forgetful squirrel misplaces his acorns once his tummy goes rumble, grumble. Bear lives in the moment and eats the berries he finds, much to the chagrin of squirrel. That is until squirrel decides bear's idea is a good one.

Used for "Bears" Storytime: October, 2011.
Samantha
A forgetful squirrel feels compelled to gather, dig, and bury his acorns, but when it comes time to retrieve them he can't remember where he put them. A funny read aloud with illustrations rendered in watercolor, cut paper, and ink. PreK-2.
Megan Mccormick
Oct 02, 2014 Megan Mccormick rated it it was ok
Shelves: edrd-314
i think this book is funny but didn't rely appeal to me in the end but was a good children's book. there weren't very many words, just a lot of repeated words and showing different tones of how words are being said.
Sandybear76
A silly book that preschoolers will want to hear again and again. It is very short but the big pictures are good. The squirrel is busy hiding nuts but then he can't find them. His stomach grumbles and he looks for something else to eat.
Malika
Aug 20, 2013 Malika rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013, childrens-books
A cute children's book about a squirrel collecting acorns. There's about 30 words in the book so its definitely for the little ones. The illustrations were a nice combination of computer made images and pictures.
Heidi-Marie
I was hoping this would work for a toddler book. But the squirrel is so stingy and selfish, I'm having second thoughts about that. The pictures make me laugh. And some of the actions would have been fun. But I'm still not clicking with the book.
Vicki
Oct 11, 2013 Vicki rated it really liked it
Super illustrations help to tell this story that has brief, repetitive words. Great for fall/squirrel/acorn storytime.
Meg
Mar 28, 2015 Meg rated it it was ok
Shelves: children
A cute introduction to homonyms for the very youngest readers. Might also open the door to some discussion about hibernation.
Benjamin Elliott
Apr 24, 2016 Benjamin Elliott rated it really liked it
The text and illustrations are simple, but there is enough economy in both to allow for them to come together and make something more.
Melissa
Goofy. The taped-on-dustjacket of my library copy hides most of the punchline: the mice in turn stealing the acorns after the squirrel steals their berries.
Michelle
Oct 09, 2009 Michelle rated it really liked it
Very, very cute! Would be a very fun read-aloud either at home or for storytime! Nice bold, colorful pictures and fun to "help" squirrel find those acorns!
Jj
Sep 08, 2016 Jj rated it really liked it
Quite a short book...I think that this would be fun for a toddler audience. Also, it is another fun addition to my SQUIRREL! bibliography.
Natalie
Oct 28, 2009 Natalie rated it it was ok
for fans of Jan Thomas
Danie P.
Dec 09, 2011 Danie P. rated it it was amazing
So cute. Simple words on every page age appropriate for toddlers/preschool. Excellent choice for a fall or winter storytime.
Morgan
Dec 21, 2009 Morgan rated it liked it
Very sparse text...Basically the squirrel is gathering and burying acorns. Then he gets hungry and can't remember where he hid them.
Michelle Nero
Dec 12, 2011 Michelle Nero rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
What a funny, little squirrel! Gather, dig, bury . . . but who can remember where he put those acorns?
Katie
Sep 23, 2009 Katie rated it really liked it
Cute wacky and forgetful squirrels! This one reminds me of the spazzy squirell in that movie that Steve Carell did the voice for... Over the Hedge, maybe?
Angela
Jun 03, 2010 Angela rated it it was amazing
in the vein of the shorts-squirrel on the trailer for Ice Age, this squirrel is hyper-vigalent, worried, and forgetful. Bold drawings, short text, great for storytimes.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Busy Little Squirrel
  • The Croaky Pokey!
  • Piggy Pie Po
  • I Love Bugs!
  • Shape by Shape
  • No Sleep for the Sheep!
  • Penguins, Penguins, Everywhere!
  • Hilda Must Be Dancing
  • Fish had a Wish (I Like to Read)
  • Roly-Poly Egg