Start by marking “Exclusive” as Want to Read:
Exclusive

Exclusive

3.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  41 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Exclusive is a fast paced novel where an entertainment journalist pursues a relationship with the hottest rapper in the country.
The cast of sexy, intriguing entertainment executives discovers how access to the right person at the right moment changes the course of the future. Suspense, money, and sex flow through this novel like water.
Published April 1st 2005 by Still Eye Rise Media, LLC (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Exclusive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Exclusive

Devi Nair
Check out the complete review at Exclusive > Review

The story is about a Music Journalist who gets an interview with the hottest rapper in the country and falls head over heals for him. It so happens that the rapper himself gets intrigued by the feisty journalist and they start a relationship. However star life is not something which everyone can go through easily, and that is what the novel is all about.

It is a Romantic novel with a bit of mystery embedded into it. The romance gives out some
Phyllis
Mar 26, 2014 Phyllis rated it really liked it
My review from Amazon from 2005:

Author Yasmin Shiraz introduces the reader to Tisha Ariel Nikkole in her novel, Exclusive. Tisha is a magazine journalist and for several months she collects information about a rapper that goes by the name Shout. She becomes infatuated by Shout after seeing him on television. She is given an opportunity by an old friend to interview him after his concert. While at the concert she sees groupies trying to do whatever they can to get his attention. She wants to get
Spunky N Sassy
Jan 14, 2015 Spunky N Sassy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
~~~~Dee's Review~~~~

It was a good storyline packed with suspense and drama. Twists and turns, surprising angles make this a good read. However, development of characters and pivotal circumstances were highly undeveloped. Instead of a smooth reading experience, scenes seemed choppy and unrelated. The story did give a backstage look at the stresses and challenges on celebrities and on the music business hype. For that reason, I raise the star rating to Four Stars. I was given this book in exchange
OOSA
Jul 14, 2012 OOSA rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Access Granted

Tisha Ariel Nikkole's life as a journalist has its ups and downs when it comes to dealing with the entertainment industry. Interviewing high profile divas and arrogant rappers can take its toll, with nothing left to show for it but a minimal paycheck and free cds.

Keyshawn Lane, aka Shout, has dealt with the struggles that most rappers endure when trying to have a good album along with a good reputation. He knows that he is not a saint and being hard sells records; but he is tired
Yellagirlgc
Wow. This book showed what it was like for Tisha Nikkole to be in love with a rapper before she met him, have a successful journalist career & how an obsession can ruin it all.

Shout was a rapper with a conscience & a heart. Sometimes the things you do to obtain & or hold on to your dreams can destroy you. The characters in this book were all very humane & relatable!

Boom & Sydney run a PR firm together but they have a chemistry that was undeniable.
I CANT wait for part 2!! G
Jennifer Smith
I won this in a Goodreads First Read Giveaway!!

For the most part, I enjoyed this book. I will probably never look at the music industry the same way. I thought it was a little strange that the main character, Tisha, who is suppose to be a smart and educated woman, acted like a goofy teenager. It just didn't seem to fit very well. Other than that, the book was entertaining and had a crazy wild ending. I enjoyed it.
K Nikki  Waden
Jan 08, 2015 K Nikki Waden rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What happens when a journalist falls head over heels in love with a rap phenomenon?Will their relationship be able to sustain through the drama the music industry brings?

This was an interesting read that had plenty of drama although I felt like some things were rushed and inconceivable it still maintained my attention ,will read part 2 to see how this story develops and ends.
Malinda McConnell
This was well-written and exciting book. I adored the characters and they were very realistic, in thought and behavior. The author certainly knows how to write a crazy character, that Jordan was nuts, I can't wait to see how her situation plays out. This is not going to be my last book by Yasmin, I can only hope the next will be this exciting and entertaining.
Teaguem2005
Every body in this book jumped to conclusions with the exception of Juicy, perhaps that's because of her profession? Tisha seems cool on the surface but is a groupie with a press badge insofar as her dealings with Shout. Shout was typical no matter how much he or Tisha refused to admit it. Boom was a cool guy and probably the most level headed. Good drama filled read
Shone
Feb 14, 2015 Shone rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
WOW!!!!

This story started slow, but when it picked up it was off and running. Trust was an issue for Boom and Keyshawn AKA "Shout". Jordan wanted wasn't hers, Sydney wanted it all, and Trish was looking for true love. Read Exclusive to see this story unfold the ending will leave you speechless and running to read Privacy.
Dorothy
Mar 06, 2015 Dorothy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting story

This was a good story about the life of a rapper. Seen first hand from a journalist Tisha Ariel Nikkole.
This is definitely a story of honesty and trust and also standing up on your beliefs.
Very good Yasmine Shiraz keep up the good work.
Dee Cherry
May 02, 2015 Dee Cherry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Exclusive was a great fictional read by Yasmin Shiraz. The more I read, the more the story came together & the drama presented. The story Exclusive had a well written, detailed storyline. I especially liked the different quotes that were exerted from "Tisha's" articles throughout the story. I thought Tisha & Shout were good for each other even though they experienced plenty of interference in their relationship. This story was informative by giving insight into the music industry as well ...more
Gail Ofterdinger-Ledgister
This book give us a look into the contemporary music industry and the behavior of a groupie who is trying to attract the attention of a major star rapper. I found the main character to be too shallow and too much of a starry-eyed teen groupie type to be taken as a serious journalist. There is no resolution, as this work ends with a cliffhanger. I cannot decide what the audience for this book would be. I do not think I could recommend it for a young teen because of the semi-erotic scenes and lang ...more
Jasmine
May 04, 2015 Jasmine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was pretty good book. It seemed a bit dragging . My only other issue is that it seemed to have way to many characters. Overall a great storyline
Karen Grage
Oct 01, 2014 Karen Grage rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I'm afraid I couldn't finish this book. I tried, got about 1/3 of the way though and then couldn't take it. I found the part I did read degrading to women, laking a believable story and poorly written. Really not for me.

*** I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
Lori
Nov 24, 2014 Lori rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book! What a wonderful look behind the scenes. It's one I really enjoyed reading, and I will definitely be reading it again!
James
Aug 30, 2015 James rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Way better than I expected it to me. I really enjoyed this book. Strong characters and a good story line. Won via Goodreads Giveaway.
Jennifer-Eve Workman
I won this through Goodreads First Reads Giveaway.
Aaron
Nov 16, 2015 Aaron rated it it was amazing
Great story
Hexe
Hexe marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Alfred Thompson
Alfred Thompson marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
Linda Strickland
Linda Strickland rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2016
Bob
Bob added it
Mar 20, 2016
LILBIT
LILBIT rated it liked it
Mar 11, 2016
Nikhi Bolton
Nikhi Bolton marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2016
Maurice Jr.
Maurice Jr. marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Dee
Dee marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
Schreba
Schreba marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
Karen Reynolds
Karen Reynolds is currently reading it
Jan 27, 2016
Tara Shaw
Tara Shaw marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Author Promotions...: Amazon #1 Best Seller Free on Kindle 1 8 Mar 22, 2014 07:52PM
hello 1 3 Oct 12, 2011 02:02PM
  • To Kill a Likening: Romance Suspense
  • Tarantula: Supernatural Thriller
  • The Black Fairy and the Dragonfly
  • As Is
  • Dead Float: A Cal Claxton Mystery (Cal Claxton, #2)
  • Israel: Is It Good for the Jews?
  • Bless Her Heart (Class Reunion #2)
  • Journey to an Untamed Land
  • One Was Stubborn
  • Lust
  • Babylon: Center of the World
  • Calling the Dead
  • Sea Slime: It's Eeuwy, Gooey and Under the Sea
  • After The Fires Went Out: Shards (After the Fires Went Out, #2)
  • Sentinel
  • Naliyah
  • Wild Weekend
  • The Complete Guide to Making Mead: The Ingredients, Equipment, Processes, and Recipes for Crafting Honey Wine
Yasmin Shiraz is the author of The Blueprint for My Girls as well as The Blueprint for My Girls in Love. She is an empowerment speaker and program developer who has delivered programs and keynotes based on her books.

She is the author of the ALA's Top Ten Quick Pick for Reluctant Readers selection, Retaliation. She has spoken at over 100 colleges nationwide on topics such as empowerment, black his
More about Yasmin Shiraz...