Start by marking “Adam Canfield: The Last Reporter” as Want to Read:
Adam Canfield: The Last Reporter

Adam Canfield: The Last Reporter (Adam Canfield #3)

3.89  ·  Rating Details  ·  94 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Raising money to resurrect the banned school paper brings Adam in contact with some quirky characters in this sharp, funny novel starring the ace middle-grade reporter.

A "dirty" school election, suspicious state test scores — Adam Canfield and his star reporters are chasing some red-hot leads. There’s only one glitch: the school board has shut down THE SLASH for exposing t
Published October 13th 2009 by Candlewick Press (first published October 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Adam Canfield, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Adam Canfield

Migue R
Oct 03, 2014 Migue R rated it liked it
What I read so far was that there is a kid named Adam Canfield and he is just a typical teen. He has friends, and he is a newspaper reporter and he gets a big prize for nothing. His mother end up telling him and teaching him life lessons. If you like Realistic Fiction then you should read this book it's very interesting and existing in my perspective.
IndyPL Kids Book Blog
Mar 06, 2012 IndyPL Kids Book Blog rated it it was amazing
Adam Canfield, his best friend Jennifer, and their crackerjack newspaper staff are fighting to keep their school newspaper, The Slash, alive. Plenty of the adults in their town appreciate the journalism of The Slash but there are a couple powerful adults who have made sure the school will not pay to print The Slash anymore. (They didn’t much like The Slash publishing stories that exposed their bad behavior.)

Adam and Jennifer decide that their only option is to publish the paper themselves. Stori
Savindi
Jul 04, 2012 Savindi rated it it was amazing
I’m so glad that I was able to get over my Reading Funk after reading this book. As always I’m happy to have found a book myself and the price of it didn’t hurt either. In all honesty this book is worth more than $3.99. It’s truly one of the best Children’s books that I have read in a while.

As the synopsis suggests, Adam Canfield: The Last Reporter follows the adventures of Adam Canfield, an overprogrammed middle school reporter. This book is the 3rd installment in the Adam Canfield of the Slash
Carterkempgmail.Com
Mar 07, 2016 Carterkempgmail.Com rated it really liked it
Gosh, I love this series. It's a compelling story; unique, funny, and informed by little touches that demonstrate what a great observer Winerip is. If anything this book seems directed at 5th and 6th graders, while I thought the previous two were aimed a bit older. Anyway, a great read and a satisfying conclusion to the trilogy.
Lisa
Mar 17, 2010 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys a school story
Third book in the Adam Canfield series (and I think, last) and it concludes the school year, which began in the first book. We really loved this series, and I hope Michael Winerip decides to write more juvenile literature. The book tells a delightful story and is full of real life details of the stresses and complexities of middle school life. This third book adds a touch of budding romance as the coeditors of the newspaper, Adam and Jennifer, work to discover the status of their relationship.

F
Susan
Feb 10, 2010 Susan rated it liked it
Early Middle School. Reporters, ethics, social responsibility and self sufficency are the main themes of this book in the series. Adam and friends must try to keep the school paper going even thought their arch enemy has managed to pull the funds and official teacher support out from under them. Middle and Elementary students must find funding, do their research, and locate someone willing to print their paper without official help from school educators. Questions addressed include: Why are stud ...more
Dolores
Mar 09, 2016 Dolores rated it it was amazing
I cannot say how much I love this series. I really loved getting to know Shadow better in this one.
Amanda
Mar 29, 2010 Amanda rated it it was amazing
I think this is my favorite book of the series. Winerip needs to write another one! Adam and Jennifer are busy with trying to get the Slash back up and running while they are investigating higher state test scores and a faulty student election. All this is happening in the midst of Adam's bike being stolen, more problems with Phoebe, working with the Ameche brothers, and trying to figure out their relationship with each other.

Oh yeah - here's my favorite quote: "...librarians seem quiet, but th
Phoebe
Nov 21, 2009 Phoebe rated it it was amazing
Book 3 in this great series. Less edge-of-your-seat action, but more humor and a touch of romance. Adam and Jennifer have a falling out over their attempts to get The Slash back off the ground. This time, they take on state testing. Readers will enjoy new characters, the Ameche brothers, and their equally memorable mother. 6th grade and up.
Laela
Mar 01, 2011 Laela rated it really liked it
4th grade and up

Adam is the co-editor of SLASH. There is lots of news to report. The biggest mystery of all is Jennifer the other co-editor. Why is she moody lately, and why does it make Adam so upset?

This witty book is perfect for any kid who wants a bit of a romance and some action/mystery to drive the plot.
Barbara
Dec 29, 2009 Barbara rated it really liked it
This series is new to me. Even picking it up in the third book, I could get the whole story. I enjoyed the humor and the very resourceful kids. A few mild curses and a kiss at the end makes this a choice for more mature middle school readers.
Marisa
Nov 02, 2011 Marisa rated it really liked it
Last book in series (Adam Canfield of the Slash & Adam Canfield, watch your back!)Middle-school reporters raise money to put out newspaper banned from school. Good depiction of thoughts & feelings from male pov. Good lesson in ethical reporting.
Mary Pat
Nov 13, 2010 Mary Pat rated it really liked it
I am enjoying this book. It is a fast easy read. Nothing heavy. Although the reading level is fourth grade, the situation is junior high and it reminds us how amazingly capable of greatness young students are.
Andy
Jan 27, 2010 Andy rated it really liked it
I've really enjoyed this middle school series. Likeable, reasonably realistic characters, and some villainous adults add up to a fun mix. This (probably) last installment adds fledgling romance.
Ethan Dentler
Jul 19, 2011 Ethan Dentler rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
this is a book where you need to think about whats happening.there will be parts of the book where you need to think about whats going to happen.I reccomend this book.
Jul 06, 2012 Jennifer rated it really liked it
A major plot line in the book is suspiciously high standardized test scores. Be sure and read the Afterword by the author.
A.J.
Aug 06, 2013 A.J. rated it liked it
Would have liked to see the Boland empire get more of a come-uppance, but generally enjoyed the read.
Bek
Mar 07, 2011 Bek rated it it was ok
I don't know why i continued to read this series.......these books r so boreing.
Sara
Jul 25, 2011 Sara rated it really liked it
I love the Adam Canfield series. It's funny, exciting and vivid.
Ki ❝The Book Scavenger❞
Jan 10, 2011 Ki ❝The Book Scavenger❞ rated it it was amazing
Good Book almost made me want to become a reporter.
Dru
Nov 30, 2009 Dru rated it really liked it
i really love this series, and the adam canfield character.
Katie
Apr 22, 2012 Katie rated it really liked it
Recommended by Mary Pat Callihan
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2016
Alexis
Alexis marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2016
Anna
Anna added it
Feb 15, 2016
Sam Rayburn
Sam Rayburn marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Key
Key marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
LegoBikes
LegoBikes marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
"When Michael Winerip leaves a phone message, no one worries too much about calling him back. But when Michael Winerip of the New York Times leaves a phone message, the call gets returned fast.

"Those are the special powers I wanted to give Adam Canfield and the whole Slash staff at Harris Elementary/Middle School. Adam, Jennifer and Phoebe have the power to correct serious wrongs-- based not on th
More about Michael Winerip...

Adam Canfield (3 books)
  • Adam Canfield of the Slash
  • Adam Canfield, Watch Your Back!