Start by marking “Adam Canfield: The Last Reporter” as Want to Read:
Adam Canfield: The Last Reporter

Adam Canfield: The Last Reporter (Adam Canfield #3)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  89 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Raising money to resurrect the banned school paper brings Adam in contact with some quirky characters in this sharp, funny novel starring the ace middle-grade reporter.

A "dirty" school election, suspicious state test scores — Adam Canfield and his star reporters are chasing some red-hot leads. There’s only one glitch: the school board has shut down THE SLASH for exposing t
Published October 13th 2009 by Candlewick Press (first published October 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Adam Canfield, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Adam Canfield

Migue R
What I read so far was that there is a kid named Adam Canfield and he is just a typical teen. He has friends, and he is a newspaper reporter and he gets a big prize for nothing. His mother end up telling him and teaching him life lessons. If you like Realistic Fiction then you should read this book it's very interesting and existing in my perspective.
IndyPL Kids Book Blog
Adam Canfield, his best friend Jennifer, and their crackerjack newspaper staff are fighting to keep their school newspaper, The Slash, alive. Plenty of the adults in their town appreciate the journalism of The Slash but there are a couple powerful adults who have made sure the school will not pay to print The Slash anymore. (They didn’t much like The Slash publishing stories that exposed their bad behavior.)

Adam and Jennifer decide that their only option is to publish the paper themselves. Stori
Savindi
I’m so glad that I was able to get over my Reading Funk after reading this book. As always I’m happy to have found a book myself and the price of it didn’t hurt either. In all honesty this book is worth more than $3.99. It’s truly one of the best Children’s books that I have read in a while.

As the synopsis suggests, Adam Canfield: The Last Reporter follows the adventures of Adam Canfield, an overprogrammed middle school reporter. This book is the 3rd installment in the Adam Canfield of the Slash
Lisa
Mar 17, 2010 Lisa rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys a school story
Third book in the Adam Canfield series (and I think, last) and it concludes the school year, which began in the first book. We really loved this series, and I hope Michael Winerip decides to write more juvenile literature. The book tells a delightful story and is full of real life details of the stresses and complexities of middle school life. This third book adds a touch of budding romance as the coeditors of the newspaper, Adam and Jennifer, work to discover the status of their relationship.

F
Susan
Early Middle School. Reporters, ethics, social responsibility and self sufficency are the main themes of this book in the series. Adam and friends must try to keep the school paper going even thought their arch enemy has managed to pull the funds and official teacher support out from under them. Middle and Elementary students must find funding, do their research, and locate someone willing to print their paper without official help from school educators. Questions addressed include: Why are stud ...more
Amanda
I think this is my favorite book of the series. Winerip needs to write another one! Adam and Jennifer are busy with trying to get the Slash back up and running while they are investigating higher state test scores and a faulty student election. All this is happening in the midst of Adam's bike being stolen, more problems with Phoebe, working with the Ameche brothers, and trying to figure out their relationship with each other.

Oh yeah - here's my favorite quote: "...librarians seem quiet, but th
Phoebe
Book 3 in this great series. Less edge-of-your-seat action, but more humor and a touch of romance. Adam and Jennifer have a falling out over their attempts to get The Slash back off the ground. This time, they take on state testing. Readers will enjoy new characters, the Ameche brothers, and their equally memorable mother. 6th grade and up.
Laela
4th grade and up

Adam is the co-editor of SLASH. There is lots of news to report. The biggest mystery of all is Jennifer the other co-editor. Why is she moody lately, and why does it make Adam so upset?

This witty book is perfect for any kid who wants a bit of a romance and some action/mystery to drive the plot.
Barbara
This series is new to me. Even picking it up in the third book, I could get the whole story. I enjoyed the humor and the very resourceful kids. A few mild curses and a kiss at the end makes this a choice for more mature middle school readers.
Marisa
Last book in series (Adam Canfield of the Slash & Adam Canfield, watch your back!)Middle-school reporters raise money to put out newspaper banned from school. Good depiction of thoughts & feelings from male pov. Good lesson in ethical reporting.
Mary Pat
I am enjoying this book. It is a fast easy read. Nothing heavy. Although the reading level is fourth grade, the situation is junior high and it reminds us how amazingly capable of greatness young students are.
Andy
I've really enjoyed this middle school series. Likeable, reasonably realistic characters, and some villainous adults add up to a fun mix. This (probably) last installment adds fledgling romance.
Ethan Dentler
this is a book where you need to think about whats happening.there will be parts of the book where you need to think about whats going to happen.I reccomend this book.
A major plot line in the book is suspiciously high standardized test scores. Be sure and read the Afterword by the author.
A.J.
Would have liked to see the Boland empire get more of a come-uppance, but generally enjoyed the read.
Bek
I don't know why i continued to read this series.......these books r so boreing.
Sara
I love the Adam Canfield series. It's funny, exciting and vivid.
Ki ❝The Book Scavenger❞
Good Book almost made me want to become a reporter.
Dru
i really love this series, and the adam canfield character.
Katie
Recommended by Mary Pat Callihan
Anyssa Sanchez
Anyssa Sanchez marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Ij
Ij marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Shweta
Shweta added it
Jan 11, 2015
Stephanie Orr
Stephanie Orr marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Kalynn
Kalynn marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
"When Michael Winerip leaves a phone message, no one worries too much about calling him back. But when Michael Winerip of the New York Times leaves a phone message, the call gets returned fast.

"Those are the special powers I wanted to give Adam Canfield and the whole Slash staff at Harris Elementary/Middle School. Adam, Jennifer and Phoebe have the power to correct serious wrongs-- based not on th
More about Michael Winerip...

Adam Canfield (3 books)
  • Adam Canfield of the Slash
  • Adam Canfield, Watch Your Back!
Adam Canfield of the Slash Adam Canfield, Watch Your Back! 9 Highland Road: Sane Living for the Mentally Ill