Start by marking “SEALed and Delivered (Harlequin Blaze, #505) (Uniformly Hot!, #11)” as Want to Read:
SEALed and Delivered (Harlequin Blaze, #505) (Uniformly Hot!, #11)

SEALed and Delivered (Harlequin Blaze, #505) (SEAL #1)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  399 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Subject: Nathaniel Peterson, SEAL instructor
Current status: Unexpectedly engaged in a sizzling kiss

Mission: Train the SEALs without interruption

Obstacle: Hailey Sutherland—the best kind of distraction!

Kiss the first man you see. The Fate Delivery Cards were a silly impulse purchase. But thanks to one of the Cards, bed-and-breakfast owner Hailey Sutherland finds herself loc
Mass Market Paperback, 210 pages
Published November 1st 2009 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about SEALed and Delivered (Harlequin Blaze, #505), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about SEALed and Delivered (Harlequin Blaze, #505)

Something About You by Julie JamesA Lot Like Love by Julie JamesWild Card by Lora LeighUnlawful Contact by Pamela ClareThe Darkest Hour by Maya Banks
I Love A Man In Uniform
184th out of 1,039 books — 1,042 voters
Anything for You by Sarah MayberryBody Check by Elle KennedyCan't Get Enough by Sarah MayberrySlow Hands by Leslie KellySex, Straight Up (Those Sexy O'Sullivans, #2) by Kathleen O'Reilly
Harlequin Blaze
24th out of 206 books — 141 voters

More lists with this book...

Shawna
4 stars – Contemporary Romance

I really enjoyed this sweet, steamy contemporary Blaze romance with a hunky, caring, funny, flirtatious, charming, and just flat-out too yummy for words Navy SEAL hero.

Hailey Sutherland has returned to her childhood hometown of San Diego following a third failed engagement to help her younger sister Rachel restore and run their family’s legendary B&B, The Sutherland, which just so happens to be near the SEALs Coronado training center...hoo yah!

Nate Peterson’s l
Auntee
Nov 01, 2009 Auntee rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of contemporary romance featuring a military hero
This was a cute little feel good romance between a charming, hunky Navy SEAL recovering from a leg injury who's currently training/teaching future SEALs at the San Diego Navy base, and a real girly-girl Bed and Breakfast owner who first meets him on the beach in front of her B&B. Nate and Hailey meet cute--she kisses him on a dare while hosting a wedding shower (while playing a card game with "Fate Delivery" cards--she's supposed to kiss the first man she sees), he's intrigued by the beautif ...more
Corrine
I know I've kept a low profile lately, but I had to come and complain about this book.

I'm about 95% sure that this book made it to the shelves with limited-to-no editing. Unless that's some kind of cadence I'm not familiar with, there are sentence structures in this book that made me literally grit my teeth and want to whip out my red pen.

Also, when your book is about 200 pages long, it's never a good thing to have a distracting secondary story that does nothing but provide more sex into the pl
Dina
This was a cute and sweet read, but I found myself more interested in the secondary romance (Jake & Amy) than the lead story (Nate & Hailey).
Mojca
After three engagements and zero weddings, Hailey Sutherland is certain Fate dislikes her. She gets another confirmation when, at a bridal shower game, she ends up with a Fate Delivery Card that says she should "kiss the first man she sees".

Hailey has sworn off men, she's ready to get to know herself, maybe stop being such a fixer, and never again get close to a man. So why is she drooling at the sight of the hunky SEAL that emerged from the sea to help a comrade in need? And why, oh why, is she
Kathrynn
Two cute stories combined into one very short book. Both stories had nice female characters trying to find themselves and some very sweet/patient male characters that were very romantic.

Very easy to read, feel-good, and hot.

Jake and Amy's tale got in my way abit as I was more interested in Nate and Hailey's romance, but they were both good.

Brande Waldron
SEALed and Delivered .... well delivers! OK, before you kill me for the bad pun, I promise you will go away happy with all those much desired warm and squishy feelings that make a book worthy of your rainy day all huddled on the couch looking to be taken away.
Haley and her sister Rachel have settled back home at The Sutherland, a B&B in San Diego on the beach. The beautiful and historically rich house held a lot of memories for the two sisters and there were in for hardships trying to resto
Starry
May 15, 2012 Starry added it
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://www.longandshortreviews.blogsp...

How can a woman, three times at almost getting to the altar, get over the fear that number four will fail like all the others have? Only a man determined and trained to reach the end game is up to the challenge and Nate, Navy SEAL and lover of cookies, is just the man for the mission.

I’m hard pressed to find anything that I didn’t like in this book. I found the first meeting between Hailey and Nate inspired, his pursuit of her romanti
Beate
For a Blaze book, this story is pretty tame. This book should have been shelved in "Erotica" with a sub genre of "Romance" - but is firmly shelved as "Romance". The so-called hot scenes were too tame to bring any "erotica" out of this book.

And what was up with the sub-plot of the Heroine's friend? To me, it seems like it was there only to fill in a given quota of erotic scenes. The sub story wasn't important to the over all plot of the book, or to the main characters in any way to justify giving
Writerlibrarian
A solid 3 stars because it's rare to get two smarts, self aware, charming and interesting leads. Both Hailey and Nate are wonderful to watch, how they move closer while pretending that it's not a relationship, but it so totally is. The setting is well done. I like the leitmotiv "Have I thanked the Navy lately?" it makes both characters fun and definitely not the tragic drama kind.

The only problem is the B plot involving a friend and her fiancé and their cliché problem sex lives. Totally boring,
Trea
This was my first time reading this author or a Harlequin Blaze title, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by it. The sex scenes were more racy than the other Harlequin titles I have read but not as racy as some of the erotica I have read. This book had the potential to be a five star read, however the heroine's constant "I don't want a relationship" mantra got annoying after a while. It was a fast read though, and probably one I will re-read.
Sally
SEALed and Delivered is the first of two books that Ms Monroe writes for the Uniformly Hot series. This book is the story of Nathaniel Peterson a SEAL instructor and Hailey Sutherland, a female come back to her childhood home to renovate the family B&B.

This story is endearing, funny and sizzling hot. Lots of banter between the SEALs and women watching them whilst playing with fate delivery cards. Great addition to the Uniformly Hot series.
Gail
Cute, fun, sexy read. Heroine is on rebound from her third bad engagement, when a wedding shower game has her kissing the first man she sees--who, since she and her sister run a B&B on the San Diego beach, just happens to be a SEAL instructor. He's blown away by this sexy woman kissing him, and we're off and running. The only angst here is the heroine's and it's fairly light. The hero's a perfect fantasy figure. It's just a light, fun read.
Susan (susayq ~)
Yeah, I read this in one evening. Honestly, I wasn't expecting anything more than a quick, easy, fluffy read. I got that and more. I connected with the heroine and fell in love with her SEAL right along with her. There was a small secondary plot in there, and lo and behold, I connected with her too LOL It was like the author talked to me to write these characters :)
What can I say? I'm a sucker for puns. A book about a Navy Seal called SEALed and Delivered? Cheese at its best! Not to mention that this book is part of an "armed forces" series and the tagline is 'Uniformly Hot! The Few. The Proud! The Sexy As Hell!" LOLtastic.

The book itself was okay, btw.
Christine
Who doesn't appreciate the uber-hot alpha male, who appears to be in touch with his feelings/what he wants? The hero did not do an avoidance dance about the relationship. The heroine was the obstacle in this book.
Overall, a quick and enjoyable story.
Wminbc
There were quite a few typos that annoyed me...and I would have wanted more "action". I wanted to love this book since I love Jill Monroe soooooo much!
Mrs. Missive
Cute story and interesting take on fate. Oh and a seriously hot military man. Usual pattern for a romance novel, but hey that's why we read them right?
Torie
This book had a cute story line but it seemed to drag out. I wasn't a big fan of the writing style but my imagery of the SEAL was a nice one.
Heather
Mar 14, 2011 Heather marked it as to-read
Heather has not read this book. This review is showing via a glitch. The book is however on her TBR. - note added by her daughter.
Joy
Mar 22, 2011 Joy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: romance
Uniformly Hot! Navy SEAL falls for B&B owner who is trying to turn the SEAL exercises on the beach by the B&B into profit.
Ashley FL
One of the weaker of the series, but it's a great series, so . . .

Added bonus for WPers: takes place in Coronado!
Cecelia
tons of editing errors, but interesting non the less. The ending is too easy
Cindi
A quick feel good read.
Shannon
Good Book
Karen Bullock
Karen Bullock marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
  • Letters from Home (McPherson Brothers, #1)
  • Able-Bodied (Harlequin Blaze #451) (Uniformly Hot!, #2)
  • Ripped!
  • Her Last Line of Defense (Harlequin Blaze, #493) (Uniformly Hot!, #9)
  • Storm Watch (Harlequin Blaze, #487) (Uniformly Hot!, #8)
  • The Right Stuff (Uniformly Hot!, #4) (Harlequin Blaze, #463)
  • Always Ready (Harlequin Blaze #457) (Uniformly Hot!, #3)
  • Afterburn (Uniformly Hot!, #5)
  • Christmas Male (Uniformly Hot!, #12)
  • Terms of Surrender (Harlequin Blaze) (Uniformly Hot!, #18)
  • A Few Good Men (Harlequin Blaze #445) (Uniformly Hot!, #1)
  • Coming Undone (Seal, #1)
  • Power Play
  • Hotshot: Hotshot\Going For It (Uniformly Hot! #20)
  • Model Marine
I credit my interest in writing romance to my grandmother. She gave me my first Harlequin to read during the hot summer days I spent on my grandparent's acreage in rural Oklahoma.

Immediately I was hooked!!!

Over the years, I would pick up a pen and write down ideas, but it wasn't until I joined Romance Writers of America and then Oklahoma Romance Writers did I become serious. During that time, I c
More about Jill Monroe...

SEAL (2 books)
  • SEALed with a Kiss (Harlequin Blaze, #589)
Lord of Rage (Royal House of Shadows, #2) SEALed with a Kiss (Harlequin Blaze, #589) Primal Instincts (Harlequin Blaze #378) (Blush) Tall, Dark And Filthy Rich (Harlequin Blaze #362) (Million Dollar Secrets, #5) Hitting the Mark (Harlequin Blaze #304)