Start by marking “Suddenly One Summer (Angel's Bay #1)” as Want to Read:
Suddenly One Summer (Angel's Bay #1)

Suddenly One Summer (Angel's Bay #1)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  807 ratings  ·  67 reviews
IN THE CALIFORNIA COASTAL TOWN OF ANGEL'S BAY, AN OLD LEGEND SAYS THAT SOMETIMES, WHEN THEY'RE NEEDED, ANGELS FROM AN OLD SHIPWRECK APPEAR AND GOOD TRIUMPHS OVER EVIL. AWARD-WINNING, BESTSELLING AUTHOR BARBARA FREETHY ENCHANTS WITH THE FIRST BOOK IN A SERIES THAT WILL CAPTURE YOUR HEART.

Jenna Davies flees to the close-knit community of Angel's Bay with a seven-year-old chi
Mass Market Paperback, 359 pages
Published June 30th 2009 by Pocket Star

To ask other readers questions about Suddenly One Summer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Suddenly One Summer

Catching Fire by Suzanne CollinsThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsMockingjay by Suzanne CollinsCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareClockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
Favorite Books I read 2010
141st out of 203 books — 66 voters
A Heart For The Ocean by Taylor LakkeShelter Mountain by Robyn CarrMountain Angel by Suzie O'ConnellHome Again by Donna B. McNicolSpring Argyle by Christine Cunningham
Best Small Town Romance
196th out of 263 books — 141 voters

More lists with this book...

Songül
Hikayeyi ve yazarı sevdim..Keşke Epsilon seriye devam edebilseydi diye düşünüyorum ama biliyorum ki imkansız bir şey istiyorum :)Zira 2012 den beri bu yazarla ilgili bir hareket olmadığını düşünürsek ..Yine yaptın yapacağını demek geliyor içimden epsilon yayınevi için...
Jana Deleon
This is my first Barbara Freethy book, but it was not the last. I really enjoyed the small ocean-town setting and the characters. I enjoyed it so much, that I bought and read all the rest of the books in this series and have moved on to her other works.

These are romance books, so each book will have a new hero/heroine that the focus of the story is on. However, the secondary characters are given plenty of story space and large character arcs which are carried from book to book. This adds so much
Esra
Çok güzel bir romandı.. Sırlar ve mistik olaylarla dolu... Devamını merak ediyorum umarım çıkar çünkü hikaye havada kaldı.. Colin'e ne olacak mesela... Sonra Charlotte kimi seçecek... Annie'nin bebeğinin babası belli olacak mı?
Bence çok güzel bir seri umarım devam eder epsilon ama hiç umudum yok nedense :/ Çıkmazsa da serinin orjinalini bulup okurum sanırım :)
♥Jamie
I loved the start to the Angel's Bay series by Barbara Freethy. In a small California coastal town, Angel's Bay, the belief in angels that protect the town's inhabitants run deep. It is said that when a ship wrecked off the coast in the 1800's that angel's blessed those that survived and welcomed to heaven those that didn't. Now, one hundred and fifty years later, the townsfolk take pride in their beautiful paradise and continue the traditions of their ancestors.

Summary:
Jenna Davies and her daug
Cemre
Çok severek, heyecanlanarak okuduğum bir kitap oldu Melek Öpücüğü. Normal bir kasaba hikâyesi ya da aşk hikâyesi değildi. Araya cinayet, gizem ve hatta paranormal ögeler katılmış çok güzel bir kitap ortaya çıkmış. Öncelikle şunu belirtmeliyim ki ben bu kasaba hikâyelerini çok sevmeye başladım. Çünkü sadece kitabın ana kahramanları değil diğer kahramanları da incelikle anlatılıyor. Örneğin bu hikâyenin esas karakterleri Jenna ve Reid olmasına rağmen en sevdiğim çift kesinlikle Joe ve Charlotte ol ...more
Mandy SmutPuppyReader
Another 5 star Barbara Freethy book. I love how her writing keeps you on the edge of your seat. She is usually classified as contemporary romance, but she finds ways to mix elements of mystery and suspense into her stories perfectly. This book was the first in her Angel's Bay series. At first I thought this was just another contemp. romance that took place in a small town, (Seems to be the fad lately) but I was pleasantly surprised to find otherwise. A great refreshing read from a different voic ...more
Marran
Very good book....there is a romance there but it's more about the mysterie both about the ANGELS and what jenna is afraid of then the romance itself
Peggy Parsons
Mystery, suspense, romance, small seaside town, well-rounded and likable characters. What's not to love.
Kathy Armstronghobbs
Good mystery. I'm read more of her novels. Many of them start sounding the same.
Leya
I'm not sure what exactly happened but I had a hard time getting into the story. It took me up until halfway through the book to really enjoy what I was reading. It felt like the author was introducing way too many characters in a short amount of time. I realize that this book is the introduction to Angel's Bay and the people that make it a great family oriented community, but it was a little too much.

Saying that, I did enjoy Jenna, Lexie and Reid's story. I just wished there was more of them, b
Jamie Michele
Enjoyable book, full of secrets and surprises. Personally, I didn't need the suspenseful component, but I suppose I like my small-town romances to be small-town romances. The secondary characters intrigued me more than the hero and heroine, probably because as secondary characters, they don't need to be as clear-cut. Their problems are quite real, quite gray, and still unresolved as the book closed, and I honestly don't know what they should do about them. Those are the sort of characters and to ...more
Stephanie
A story about angels saving little children really is an emotional read at times. Cute story.
Nihan
May 29, 2014 Nihan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2014
Kitaba ilk başladığımda sahil kasabasında geçen sevimli bir contemporary okuyacağımı düşünüyordum ama fena halde yanılmışım. sürükleyiciliği aşkla aileyle ve arkadaşlarla harmanlamış yazarımız bu kitapki yan karakterlere de bayıldım Annie'nin bebeğinin babasının kim olduğu meçhul acaba tanıdığımız biri mi diyorum. Öte yandan Joe ve Charlotte'un hikayesini çok merak ediyorum şu an için bir birlerini arzulasalar dahi o kadar imkansız ki ilişkileri diğer kitapları okumak için sabırsızlanmama neden ...more
Karen
I really enjoyed this book..I had never read Barbara Freethy's books before and after having this series recommended I gave it a try..
Suddenly One Summer revolves around Jenna and Lexie her 7 yr. old daughter..There's a mystery surrounding them that becomes the forcus point and a reporter (Reid) in town doing a story about the "angels" that reside there..
I'm looking forward to returning to "Angel's Bay" in the remaining books..
ѕєяєηιтι
Çok hoşuma gitti sıcak bir ortam karakterlerin hepsi sıcaktı gizemde vardı şu an 5 kitap çıkmış mesela elinde 5 kitapta olacak arka arkaya okuyacaksın bütünlüğü sağlayacaksın o zaman çok güzel olacak iştede nerdee:) Şu anda 5. kitabı merak ediyorum polis şefi ve doktorumuz nasıl olacak diye ilk kitaptaki hallerine bakarsak bayağı bi yol almaları gerekiyor ama neyse bekleyelim onları okuduğum günleri de görürüm inşallah:)
Lorraine Austin
I have read all of Barbara Freethy books and love them all. i discovered her on the free books on my kobo and am very grateful. I look forward to her new stories with great anticipation. Her books are a wonderful way to forget whatever problems you are having and just get lost in her stories. I picture myself part of them. Thank you for writing such wonderful worlds for me to explore.

Lorraine Austin
Donna
I was really enthralled with this book. I liked all of the primary and secondary characters. The main conflict was resolved in a believable and satisfying manner, however, there were several unresolved sub-plots and real cliff-hanger!! I look forward to the next book in the series!
Lynn Calvin
did not finish. I'm allergic to these kinds of angels, I felt the heroine was a wimp. Eight deadly words - I don't care what happens to these people.

I've liked other Freethy books but this left me cold. I jumped around in the book some looking to get sucked in. No luck.
Julie Smith
I couldn't wait to start the next book. I Loved it!!! I was even worried when I read what the next book was about and was worried that my questions weren't answered. I highly recommend this series. Barbara has not disappointed me at all in all of her books. :)
Rhonda Rae Baker
I picked this up because of the series and I've not read Freethy before. She is wonderful...well rounded characters, mystery, suspense, family relationships, and some grief yet hope.

I'm looking forward to all of the Angel Bay novels...this was a great start!
Dawn Kunda
A delightful read for the summer. Enjoyed the unique manner in which the heroine arrives in a Pacific coastal town revered for it's "angel magic." The hero is interested in the angel magic for a different reason, yet it brings the two together.
Adele Dubois
Well-written and a lot going on in this story. Interesting subplots with multiple secondary characters, but I didn't realize when I started this book that none of the secondary plots would be resolved until later books in the series. Argh!
Lindsey
This was alright. It took a long time for the action of the plot to build up, and then the real action was over in 20 pages. I finished it, so that says something, but it wasn't great. Not really terrible, just not that great.
Suzanne Schrock
I enjoyed this book so much, that I read the whole series. I like the fact that there is romance, but also some mystery. Couldn't wait to read the rest and they were equally as good. Look forward to more of Barbara's books.
Terri
Enjoyed this first of a new series and my first time reading this author. Enjoyed the characters and plot and especially enjoyed the theme of angels. Very much looking forward to book 2 in the Angel Bay series.
Jill
I just discovered this new series and I'm hooked. Lots of legends and stories in Angel's Bay, interesting characters, and plenty of plot. Emotion, humor, a little suspense. I enjoyed it all!
SJuhl4
A delightful town, a good hiding from the bad guy story and the man who just has to find out her story, and turns out to be a great guy afterall. My first book by Freethy, definitely not my last.
Rachel
I loved this book and have put the next book in this series on my list to read. A story of hope, love, forgiveness, and redemption. A very nice read with drama and suspense thrown in.
Kelly
This is a great book. I finished it in two days! I can not wait to read the others! Whether you think you will like it or not, JUST READ IT! You will not be sorry!
Bookworm Bitches : September 2013: Suddenly One Summer 9 76 Oct 02, 2013 02:05PM
  • Tales from the Pantry: Random Rants & Musings of a Stay-At-Home Mom
  • Any Given Christmas (Sugar Shack, #2)
  • The Homecoming (Shelter Bay, #1)
  • Coming Home (Chesapeake Diaries #1)
  • Welcome to Last Chance (Last Chance, #1)
  • Sugar Creek (Destiny, #2)
  • Redwood Bend (Virgin River, #18)
  • Forever & Ever (Wyckerley Trilogy #3)
  • The Art Of Men (I Prefer Mine Al Dente)
  • Long Simmering Spring (Star Harbor, #3)
  • Lord of Scandal
  • Willowleaf Lane (Hope's Crossing, #5)
  • Pitch Black
  • Within Reach
  • Hummingbird Lake (Eternity Springs, #2)
  • Only You (Angel Ridge, #1)
  • Keepsake
Barbara's love of writing developed out of a love of reading. Growing up in an all-boy neighborhood, she spent quite a bit of time reading through her mother's large library, many of which were romantic novels. After graduating from the University of California at Santa Barbara, she went into Public Relations, but soon discovered that writing was her true passion.

Barbara has since published 35 nov
More about Barbara Freethy...

Angel's Bay (5 books)
  • On Shadow Beach (Angel's Bay, #2)
  • In Shelter Cove (Angel's Bay, #3)
  • At Hidden Falls (Angel's Bay, #4)
  • Garden of Secrets (Angel's Bay, #5)
Just the Way You Are Don't Say a Word Ryan's Return All She Ever Wanted Silent Run (Silent, #1)