Start by marking “Secrets: Volume 1” as Want to Read:
Secrets: Volume 1

Secrets: Volume 1 (Secrets Volume #1)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  70 ratings  ·  10 reviews
SECRETS VOLUME 1

1. A Lady's Quest by Bonnie Hamre

In A Lady's Quest, author Bonnie Hamre brings you a London historical where Lady Antonia Blair-Sutworth searches for a lover in a way that is sure to shock and please the reader.

2. The Spinner's Dream by Alice Gaines

The Spinner's Dream weaves a seductive fantasy that will leave every woman wishing for her own private love
Published December 1st 1995 by Red Sage

To ask other readers questions about Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets

okyrhoe
"A Lady's Quest" - Bonnie Hamre
An woman-empowering plot but I personally don't like the period setting.
I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be humorous - I laughed when Lady Antonia questions "Would she need to change the furnishings?"

"The Spinner's Dream" - Alice Gaines
I liked this one, mainly because with the fantasy setting the reader must guess how gender dynamics operate in this make-believe world.
The drawback is that the story is too brief. The characters hint at some kind of complexity
♥The Kat's Meow♥
Secrets (Volume, #1) by Alice Gaines Strong, independent women, and the clever men who capture their imaginations, and their hearts.

A Lady's Quest by Bonnie Hamre
An unusual take on the Duke-seeks-bride story. Historical romance meets modern prenuptial agreement to mutual satisfaction.
Did I skim? No
Will I re-read? Assuredly. While I'm at it, I'll browse the author's back list.
The Spinner's Dream by Alice Gaines
A complex situation rendered simple by faith, trust, and love.
Did in skim? No
Will I re-read? Yes. Sooner rather than la
Debra Druzy
Another commuter's dream-book. Crammed in a seat between two strangers, there was nothing worse than being trapped 1+ hours each way. Regular books didn't distract me enough from being crushed. I needed something that would totally take my mind off my surroundings. I had ordered one of the Secrets books online. Then another...Then a few at a time. Their short stories were the perfect length to get me through the commute. Also, when someone read over my shoulder and saw some of the smutty lovely ...more
Ladiibbug
Romance Anthol.

Authors: Bonnie Hamre; Alice Gaines; Ivy Landon; Jeanie LeGendre

Favorite: A Lady's Quest, a London historical by Bonnie Hamre

I was pleasantly surprised by this book, first published in 1995. Though the authors' names were unknown to me, the stories were all nice.

I'm looking forward to getting started on the 20 + volumes of Secrets books ... finally!
Verodarling Melani
"The Lady's Quest" - 4 stars. Perhaps this story deserves 4.5 stars, but, although the love scenes are so hot they sizzle, the so called "quest" of the heroine seemed a bit to much. Choosing as a lover a man you don't even see just to forget about a man you're falling for but you reject because you're afraid to lose your independence after marriage? And the hero's insistence that she become his mistress without the slightest encouragement form her part (they don't even kiss) doesn't really fit w ...more
Angela
penelopewanders
So far I've read the first two stories in this anthology, but I left it behind when I left on a trip, so will resume it after my return.
Starting it again on November 21st.
No great shakes. As I read it in tiny increments, the anthology aspect didn't irritate me as much as is often the case. I found these fairly uneven though.
Alisa
Mar 17, 2011 Alisa rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Alisa by: platas0827@yahoo.com
Shelves: 2011, erotica
I liked this book a lot. I bought it back in 2009 and have re-read it a number of times. I havent looked at the other Secrets books yet but I have my eye on them..lol..
Cindy
Good read but not great - 4 stories. I hadn't heard of any of the authors before.
Janice
Apr 23, 2013 Janice marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
sony
Taylor
Taylor marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Anamaria021
Anamaria021 marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Debbie Mansell
Debbie Mansell marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Sarah Knight
Sarah Knight marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Sarah Northcutt
Sarah Northcutt marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Stavroula Kyriakidou
Stavroula Kyriakidou marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Aashir Shakya
Aashir Shakya marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Gillian
Gillian marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2014
Jessica Limnios
Jessica Limnios marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
Paula
Paula added it
Mar 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Secrets: The Best in Women's Romantic Erotica Vol. 9 Sweet Discipline Thea's Goal Unspoken Promises Choices