Magick of Reiki: Focused Energy for Healing, Ritual, & Spiritual Development

Magick of Reiki: Focused Energy for Healing, Ritual, & Spiritual Development

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  253 ratings  ·  13 reviews
What is Reiki? How has this Japanese healing tradition evolved over the years? How are modern magick practitioners using Reiki energy in their spells and rituals?

Christopher Penczak answers these questions and more in his groundbreaking examination of Reiki from a magickal perspective. The history, mythos, variations, and three degrees of Reiki are discussed in depth. Penc...more
Published October 8th 2004 by Llewellyn Publications (first published October 1st 2004)

Opening to Channel by Sanaya RomanThe Spiral Dance by StarhawkDrawing Down the Moon by Margot AdlerPagan Metaphysics 101 by SpringwolfSpirit Guides by Iris Belhayes
Springwolf's Pagan Metaphysics List
9th out of 35 books — 11 voters
The Original Reiki Handbook of Dr. Mikao Usui by Mikao UsuiSelf-Healing with Reiki by Penelope QuestLight on the Origins of Reiki by Tadao YamaguchiEssential Reiki by Diane SteinShamanic Reiki by Llyn Roberts
Best Reiki Books
28th out of 28 books — 17 voters

More lists with this book...

Mako
I'd recommend this book to any Reiki practioner as it gives ideas on how to use Reiki for more than just healing. I now use Reiki in creative ways for other areas of my life and it has been very helpful. Thinking 'outside the box' with Reiki wasn't really something I had thought about before reading this book.
Dawn Michele
This is a book full of symbols from various Reiki traditions and very interesting ways for using Reiki in your magical system.
Lorri Rupp-woodmansee
Great book for those looking for a more expanded approach to the practice of Reiki, especially from a Pagan perspective.
Tonya
Aug 08, 2009 Tonya rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: those into Reiki
This book was really informative. Reiki is not a religion and is not magic but this book showed a nice link to the possibility. I have already learned many of the techniques that are talked about but not in the magical context.
The main point that the author reminds the reader is to use your own intuition and do what feels right to you because Reiki is always going to work for the greater good. I was very happy that this point was driven home.
Darlene
Mar 24, 2011 Darlene rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Those interested in what the title portrays.
Recommended to Darlene by: Amazon search on Reiki
This is a very informative book and has rekindled (pun intended) my pursuit of my higher self and Reiki energy. I liked the Kindle edition so much that I had to order the book. That way I will have all the information even when the electricity is off. No need to recharge a battery of a real live book. :)
Caprica
Read this after getting first level attunement. Better than I expected. Doesn't give away methods that should only be taught by a master practitioner, but does some cool things.
Acacia
Excellent reference book. Just love working with the different symbols in the book. Recommended for anyone new or looking to advance their Reiki knowledge. One I will read again.
Sherry
I loved this book...It was well worth the time and money spent. It was unique compared to all the other Reiki books that I have read. I highly recommend it.
Angie Millgate
Dec 31, 2007 Angie Millgate rated it 3 of 5 stars Recommends it for: all people training in Reiki
This was a recommend from my Reiki Master Trainer. I use it often as a sort of a textbook. It is the best one I have found for information regarding Reiki.
Bad Tim
this book has a lot of good information, but gets a little woo-woo. i'm not a penczak fan; i find his writing style to be overly simplistic and redundant.
Kristen Ringman
Amazingly clear and comprehensive connections between paganism and Reiki, written by my darling friend and Reiki Master...
Patti
simple and concise; I used some ideas for the Wolf Moon Ritual I helped develop.
Robert
Fantastic book. Very helpful to me when learning to do reiki.
O0yashar g
reiki is good and i likee it...
O.zaki
O.zaki marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Cath Vel
Cath Vel marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2014
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Hanna
Hanna marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
David Vogt
David Vogt marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Tera
Tera marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2014
Paris
Paris marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
Stephknep
Stephknep marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Bhavesh Bhatia
Bhavesh Bhatia marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
  • The Witches' God
  • The Book of Stones: Who They Are & What They Teach
  • The Mist-Filled Path: Celtic Wisdom for Exiles, Wanderers, and Seekers
  • Evolutionary Witchcraft
  • Animal Spirit Guides: An Easy-to-Use Handbook for Identifying and Understanding Your Power Animals and Animal Spirit Helpers
  • Cottage Witchery: Natural Magick for Hearth and Home
  • Grimoire for the Green Witch: A Complete Book of Shadows
  • Animal-Wise: The Spirit Language and Signs of Nature
  • Embracing the Moon: A Witch's Guide to Rituals, Spellcraft and Shadow Work
  • The Real Witches' Handbook: A Complete Introduction to the Craft
  • Magical Housekeeping: Simple Charms & Practical Tips for Creating a Harmonious Home
  • The Original Reiki Handbook of Dr. Mikao Usui
  • The Crystal Bible: A Definitive Guide to Crystals
  • Magical Aromatherapy: The Power of Scent
Christopher Penczak is a Witch, teacher, writer and healing practitioner. His practice draws upon the foundation of both modern and traditional Witchcraft blended with the wisdom of mystical traditions from across the globe as a practitioner and teacher of shamanism, tarot, Reiki healing, herbalism, astrology and Qabalah. He is the founder of the Temple of Witchcraft tradition and system of magick...more
More about Christopher Penczak...
The Inner Temple of Witchcraft: Magick, Meditation and Psychic Development (Temple of Witchcraft, #1) The Outer Temple of Witchcraft: Circles, Spells, and Rituals (Temple of Witchcraft, #2) The Witch's Shield: Protection Magick and Psychic Self-Defense The Temple of Shamanic Witchcraft: Shadows, Spirits and the Healing Journey (Temple of Witchcraft, #3) Instant Magick: Ancient Wisdom, Modern Spellcraft