Start by marking “Magick of Reiki: Focused Energy for Healing, Ritual, & Spiritual Development” as Want to Read:
Magick of Reiki: Focused Energy for Healing, Ritual, & Spiritual Development

Magick of Reiki: Focused Energy for Healing, Ritual, & Spiritual Development

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  406 ratings  ·  18 reviews
What is Reiki? How has this Japanese healing tradition evolved over the years? How are modern magick practitioners using Reiki energy in their spells and rituals?

Christopher Penczak answers these questions and more in his groundbreaking examination of Reiki from a magickal perspective. The history, mythos, variations, and three degrees of Reiki are discussed in depth. Penc
Published October 8th 2004 by Llewellyn Publications (first published October 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Magick of Reiki, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Magick of Reiki

Opening to Channel by Sanaya RomanLiving with Joy by Sanaya RomanPagan Metaphysics 101 by SpringwolfSpirit Guides by Iris BelhayesThe Spiral Dance by Starhawk
Springwolf's Pagan Metaphysics List
10th out of 35 books — 12 voters
The Original Reiki Handbook of Dr. Mikao Usui by Mikao UsuiSelf-Healing with Reiki by Penelope QuestLight on the Origins of Reiki by Tadao YamaguchiEssential Reiki by Diane SteinShamanic Reiki by Robert  Levy
Best Reiki Books
19th out of 31 books — 22 voters

More lists with this book...

Sherry
I loved this book...It was well worth the time and money spent. It was unique compared to all the other Reiki books that I have read. I highly recommend it.
Mandy
I have to say I own a lot of reiki books, collected over many years of studying Reiki and Seichem. And most of them get a cursory glance over then get put back on the shelf. And hands up those of you who flick through the pages hoping that with a quick glance, all the wisdom held between the pages will be instantly imparted to you so you'll never have to pick the book up again. I thought so. Well, this book actually made me want to read it. I think it is in part down to how it is set out, in eas ...more
Diana Walker
Best Reiki book ever!!! Don't worry, it's not too witchy for the mainstream reader. I have had this book since 2009 and refer back to it many times. A must have in every Reiki practitioner or master's library
Lorri Rupp-woodmansee
Great book for those looking for a more expanded approach to the practice of Reiki, especially from a Pagan perspective.
Tonya
Aug 08, 2009 Tonya rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: those into Reiki
This book was really informative. Reiki is not a religion and is not magic but this book showed a nice link to the possibility. I have already learned many of the techniques that are talked about but not in the magical context.
The main point that the author reminds the reader is to use your own intuition and do what feels right to you because Reiki is always going to work for the greater good. I was very happy that this point was driven home.
Natalie
Perfect introduction to Reiki. Very detailed and covers a lot of different areas. I really love the author because he always encourages you to do what feels right to YOU, and not worry about "the rules". He seems very open minded :)
Mako
I'd recommend this book to any Reiki practioner as it gives ideas on how to use Reiki for more than just healing. I now use Reiki in creative ways for other areas of my life and it has been very helpful. Thinking 'outside the box' with Reiki wasn't really something I had thought about before reading this book.
Darlene
Mar 24, 2011 Darlene rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Those interested in what the title portrays.
Recommended to Darlene by: Amazon search on Reiki
This is a very informative book and has rekindled (pun intended) my pursuit of my higher self and Reiki energy. I liked the Kindle edition so much that I had to order the book. That way I will have all the information even when the electricity is off. No need to recharge a battery of a real live book. :)
Joseph
Penczak gives a nice overview of the Reiki system as well as integrating it with traditional Pagan beliefs. Well written and a definite must have for fellow Reiki practitioners.
Caprica
Read this after getting first level attunement. Better than I expected. Doesn't give away methods that should only be taught by a master practitioner, but does some cool things.
Acacia
Excellent reference book. Just love working with the different symbols in the book. Recommended for anyone new or looking to advance their Reiki knowledge. One I will read again.
Angie Millgate
Dec 31, 2007 Angie Millgate rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: all people training in Reiki
This was a recommend from my Reiki Master Trainer. I use it often as a sort of a textbook. It is the best one I have found for information regarding Reiki.
Bad Tim
this book has a lot of good information, but gets a little woo-woo. i'm not a penczak fan; i find his writing style to be overly simplistic and redundant.
Dawn Michele
This is a book full of symbols from various Reiki traditions and very interesting ways for using Reiki in your magical system.
Kristen Ringman
Amazingly clear and comprehensive connections between paganism and Reiki, written by my darling friend and Reiki Master...
Patti
simple and concise; I used some ideas for the Wolf Moon Ritual I helped develop.
Robert
Fantastic book. Very helpful to me when learning to do reiki.
O0yashar g
reiki is good and i likee it...
Sharon Jones
Sharon Jones marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2015
Keith Lamoureux
Keith Lamoureux marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Johanna
Johanna marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Deanna
Deanna marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
Gisselle
Gisselle marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
Venitius Bradshaw
Venitius Bradshaw marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
  • Whispers from the Woods: The Lore & Magic of Trees
  • Enchantment of the Faerie Realm: Communicate with Nature Spirits & Elementals
  • Magical Aromatherapy: The Power of Scent
  • Green Witchcraft III: The Manual
Christopher Penczak is a Witch, teacher, writer and healing practitioner. His practice draws upon the foundation of both modern and traditional Witchcraft blended with the wisdom of mystical traditions from across the globe as a practitioner and teacher of shamanism, tarot, Reiki healing, herbalism, astrology and Qabalah. He is the founder of the Temple of Witchcraft tradition and system of magick ...more
More about Christopher Penczak...
The Inner Temple of Witchcraft: Magick, Meditation and Psychic Development (Temple of Witchcraft, #1) The Witch's Shield: Protection Magick and Psychic Self-Defense The Outer Temple of Witchcraft: Circles, Spells, and Rituals (Temple of Witchcraft, #2) Instant Magick: Ancient Wisdom, Modern Spellcraft The Temple of Shamanic Witchcraft: Shadows, Spirits and the Healing Journey (Temple of Witchcraft, #3)