Start by marking “Magick of Reiki: Focused Energy for Healing, Ritual, & Spiritual Development” as Want to Read:
Magick of Reiki: Focused Energy for Healing, Ritual, & Spiritual Development

Magick of Reiki: Focused Energy for Healing, Ritual, & Spiritual Development

4.26  ·  Rating Details  ·  461 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
What is Reiki? How has this Japanese healing tradition evolved over the years? How are modern magick practitioners using Reiki energy in their spells and rituals?

Christopher Penczak answers these questions and more in his groundbreaking examination of Reiki from a magickal perspective. The history, mythos, variations, and three degrees of Reiki are discussed in depth. Penc
Published October 8th 2004 by Llewellyn Publications (first published October 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Magick of Reiki, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Magick of Reiki

Opening to Channel by Sanaya RomanLiving in the Light by Shakti GawainLiving with Joy by Sanaya RomanDrawing Down the Moon by Margot AdlerPagan Metaphysics 101 by Springwolf
Springwolf's Pagan Metaphysics List
13th out of 36 books — 16 voters
The Original Reiki Handbook of Dr. Mikao Usui by Mikao UsuiSelf-Healing with Reiki by Penelope QuestLight on the Origins of Reiki by Tadao YamaguchiEssential Reiki by Diane SteinShamanic Reiki by Robert  Levy
Best Reiki Books
21st out of 36 books — 27 voters

More lists with this book...

Sherry
Aug 07, 2012 Sherry rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reiki, favorite
I loved this book...It was well worth the time and money spent. It was unique compared to all the other Reiki books that I have read. I highly recommend it.
Mandy
Jan 27, 2015 Mandy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: metaphysical
I have to say I own a lot of reiki books, collected over many years of studying Reiki and Seichem. And most of them get a cursory glance over then get put back on the shelf. And hands up those of you who flick through the pages hoping that with a quick glance, all the wisdom held between the pages will be instantly imparted to you so you'll never have to pick the book up again. I thought so. Well, this book actually made me want to read it. I think it is in part down to how it is set out, in eas ...more
Diana Walker
Jan 02, 2015 Diana Walker rated it it was amazing
Best Reiki book ever!!! Don't worry, it's not too witchy for the mainstream reader. I have had this book since 2009 and refer back to it many times. A must have in every Reiki practitioner or master's library
Lorri Rupp-woodmansee
Mar 05, 2014 Lorri Rupp-woodmansee rated it it was amazing
Great book for those looking for a more expanded approach to the practice of Reiki, especially from a Pagan perspective.
Tonya
Aug 08, 2009 Tonya rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: those into Reiki
This book was really informative. Reiki is not a religion and is not magic but this book showed a nice link to the possibility. I have already learned many of the techniques that are talked about but not in the magical context.
The main point that the author reminds the reader is to use your own intuition and do what feels right to you because Reiki is always going to work for the greater good. I was very happy that this point was driven home.
Natalie
Jul 25, 2014 Natalie rated it it was amazing
Perfect introduction to Reiki. Very detailed and covers a lot of different areas. I really love the author because he always encourages you to do what feels right to YOU, and not worry about "the rules". He seems very open minded :)
Mako
Feb 08, 2012 Mako rated it really liked it
I'd recommend this book to any Reiki practioner as it gives ideas on how to use Reiki for more than just healing. I now use Reiki in creative ways for other areas of my life and it has been very helpful. Thinking 'outside the box' with Reiki wasn't really something I had thought about before reading this book.
Darlene
Mar 24, 2011 Darlene rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Those interested in what the title portrays.
Recommended to Darlene by: Amazon search on Reiki
This is a very informative book and has rekindled (pun intended) my pursuit of my higher self and Reiki energy. I liked the Kindle edition so much that I had to order the book. That way I will have all the information even when the electricity is off. No need to recharge a battery of a real live book. :)
Joseph
Mar 08, 2015 Joseph rated it really liked it
Penczak gives a nice overview of the Reiki system as well as integrating it with traditional Pagan beliefs. Well written and a definite must have for fellow Reiki practitioners.
Caprica
Mar 11, 2008 Caprica rated it it was amazing
Read this after getting first level attunement. Better than I expected. Doesn't give away methods that should only be taught by a master practitioner, but does some cool things.
Acacia
Jul 16, 2013 Acacia rated it it was amazing
Excellent reference book. Just love working with the different symbols in the book. Recommended for anyone new or looking to advance their Reiki knowledge. One I will read again.
Angie Millgate
Dec 31, 2007 Angie Millgate rated it liked it
Recommends it for: all people training in Reiki
This was a recommend from my Reiki Master Trainer. I use it often as a sort of a textbook. It is the best one I have found for information regarding Reiki.
Bad Tim
Mar 29, 2008 Bad Tim rated it really liked it
Shelves: pagan
this book has a lot of good information, but gets a little woo-woo. i'm not a penczak fan; i find his writing style to be overly simplistic and redundant.
Dawn Michele
Jan 17, 2009 Dawn Michele rated it really liked it
This is a book full of symbols from various Reiki traditions and very interesting ways for using Reiki in your magical system.
Kristen Ringman
Jan 27, 2008 Kristen Ringman rated it it was amazing
Amazingly clear and comprehensive connections between paganism and Reiki, written by my darling friend and Reiki Master...
Patti
Dec 22, 2013 Patti rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spiritual
simple and concise; I used some ideas for the Wolf Moon Ritual I helped develop.
Robert
Aug 11, 2012 Robert rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book. Very helpful to me when learning to do reiki.
O0yashar g
reiki is good and i likee it...
Hameedah Tirado
Hameedah Tirado is currently reading it
May 23, 2016
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Dua Khan
Dua Khan marked it as to-read
wendi smith
wendi smith marked it as to-read
Shashi
Shashi marked it as to-read
Rae Sunshine
Rae Sunshine marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Alexx Carlile
Alexx Carlile marked it as to-read
May 19, 2016
Marylin
Marylin rated it really liked it
May 18, 2016
Enchanting.catalyst
Enchanting.catalyst is currently reading it
May 17, 2016
Tracy Annbelle
Tracy Annbelle marked it as to-read
May 14, 2016
Delaca
Delaca marked it as to-read
May 14, 2016
Catherine Wright
Catherine Wright marked it as to-read
May 13, 2016
  • Encyclopedia of Natural Magic
  • Utterly Wicked: Curses, Hexes & Other Unsavory Notions
  • Herb Magic for Beginners: Down-To-Earth Enchantments
  • Essential Reiki: A Complete Guide to an Ancient Healing Art
  • Real Witches' Year: Spells, Rituals, and Meditations for Every Day of the Year
  • Enchantment of the Faerie Realm: Communicate with Nature Spirits & Elementals
  • Full Contact Magick: A Book of Shadows for the Wiccan Warrior
  • The Book of Stones: Who They Are & What They Teach
  • The Witches' God
  • The Element Encyclopedia of Witchcraft
Christopher Penczak is a Witch, teacher, writer and healing practitioner. His practice draws upon the foundation of both modern and traditional Witchcraft blended with the wisdom of mystical traditions from across the globe as a practitioner and teacher of shamanism, tarot, Reiki healing, herbalism, astrology and Qabalah. He is the founder of the Temple of Witchcraft tradition and system of magick ...more
More about Christopher Penczak...