Start by marking “629 Miles To Love” as Want to Read:
629 Miles To Love

629 Miles To Love

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  174 ratings  ·  19 reviews
When Noah Parker left his hometown six years ago, he left behind more than his family and the confines of a town he'd outgrown. He also left behind Cal Green, his childhood best friend and high school love, and it's the one thing he's regretted ever since.

Now, called home by his ailing father, Noah decides he's had enough of regrets and sets in motion a plan to convince C

Published 2009 by Amber Allure

To ask other readers questions about 629 Miles To Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 629 Miles To Love

Zero at the Bone by Jane SevilleSpecial Delivery by Heidi CullinanDrawn Together by Z.A. MaxfieldArmed & Dangerous by Abigail RouxHow to Repair a Mechanical Heart by J.C. Lillis
Best Road Trip Gay Romance
6th out of 51 books — 93 voters
Hot Head by Damon SuedeFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsPromises by Marie SextonThe Tin Star by J.L. LangleyThe Assignment by Evangeline Anderson
Best Gay Friends Become Lovers
172nd out of 545 books — 912 voters

More lists with this book...

JenMcJ
This is a short story. Maybe 80 pages. I did like both characters. I empathized with both of their sides of the story and for once I did not hate a long lost love story. That alone makes it practically a five star rating.

Ami
Pair of ex-lovers. One truck. 629 Miles ... Six years ago, Noah rejected Cal's proposal and left to pursue his dream. But Noah realizes he never stops loving Cal. So now, he "kidnaps" Cal -- and with a full-tank truck, Noah has 629 miles to ensure Cal that Noah loves and wants him back.

Gosh, my favorite theme wrapped in an emotional story. Dialogs between Noah and Cal when they let their heart bare are intense. When they are back together -- the scenes are hot and tender. I love it very much.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.5-4*
I enjoyed this long lost first loves/best friends reunite.
Noah left a heartbroken Cal behind 6 years ago, but now he's home and wants what they had back.
The entire story takes place in a car, since not letting Cal get away is the only way to get him to give him another chance.
A light and sweet story, despite all the hurt.
Riina Y.T.
Sweet stuff. Just my kinda thing.
Had me tearing up and smile like a loon.
Lovely short by two lovely authors!
Kassa
This is a cute and romantic story about high school lovers that messed up and reconnect years later thru sheer stubbornness. No doubt this shorter story will be loved by romantics for the classic best friends turned lovers theme as well as the idea of never giving up on your first, true love. The authors have delivered a nicely well written story, able to infuse a connection not only between the men but with the reader. This lovely story wasn’t without its problems but the issues I had are likel ...more
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Apr 10, 2014 Barb ~rede-2-read~ rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Barb ~rede-2-read~ by: Shannon
This is a very nice short story about two men who broke up the night of high school graduation six years ago and have been living with regret ever since.

Six years ago, Noah was excited about his acceptance into Cornell University and looking forward to following his dreams. When his boyfriend, Cal, proposed, he declined. He really wanted to go away to school and would have asked Cal to go with him, but Cal turned from him as soon as the proposal was declined, breaking up completely and dropping
Who?
This is my first M/M erotica book and it's frankly not for me. I'm not homophobic or a hater but i don't like reading about M/M sexual encounters.
Yes, it said in the description and what not but I chose to read it and i didn't like it.

However, the story is considerably short and to be frank, you're left wondering what's gonna happen till the end. There's alot of emotions involved which makes it harder to GUESS the ending.

There was also an over-use of the word "baby" (I'm sick of reading that
Paisley
One of my favorite themes in romance is the "second chance at love." I look for stories where couples are reunited, and I am always intrigued to see how an author will make their story work.

This one is unusual as it takes place in a truck while two former lovers (first loves) hash things out. This premise somewhat limits the scope of the story, but it is an interesting take on the theme.

It's quite short and easy to read, but I did not feel very tightly connected with the characters so I think t
Kendra T
This was a cute, sweet, short story. I really felt for both MC's and for their point of view when it came to their break up/relationship. Being a short story, it went a bit quick but I didn't feel like it left anything out. Overall a good story.
Juniper
Great location - trapped in a truck. Liked both characters - couldn't decide who I preferred! Have in the past been irritated by lost loves who meet again as they are often too easily resolved, but was engaged by this duo.
Katy Beth Mckee
Noah and Cal splint up when Cal proposed and Noah said he wasn't worried. But Noah wants to get back together and he doesn't want to take no for an answer. This is a great story of finding lost love and having second chances.
Lexi Ander
I am glad that this is the first book that I have read by FAE SUTHERLAND & MARQUERITE LABBE. I really enjoyed the characters and my heart twinged a bit for them as well. I look forward to reading the next book by them. :-)
Shannon
I loved this little book. It actually made some tears drip. Trapped in a truck with nowhere to go these two guys had a few things to get settled. What a great story.
OkayKim
I loved this story about mistakes made during youth and second chances. My favorite kind of love story. Sweet!
Pamela Su
A nice enough reunited lovers story.

I liked the story but there's nothing particularly memorable about it.
Edina Rose
Cute road romance between two best friends-lovers who broke up 6 years ago.
Wyndslash
Typical romance story. All that angst and they STILL ended up together, damn!
Liza
Liza marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Driima
Driima added it
Jun 24, 2015
SH65
SH65 added it
Jun 21, 2015
Sadonna
Sadonna marked it as to-read
May 30, 2015
Richárd Delacasse
Richárd Delacasse marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
Simge
Simge marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • I Heard Him Exclaim
  • Love Ahead: Please Excuse Our Mess
  • Year of the Cat
  • Dirty Drag (Dirty Drag #1)
  • Electric Melty Tingles
  • Unbound Surrender
  • Don't Read in the Closet: Volume Four
  • Hard and Fast
  • Little Jamie
  • January: Miami's Perfect Weekend (Calendar Boys, #1)
  • The Professor's Secret Passion
  • Needing A Little Christmas
  • The Perfect Stranger
  • Remember Me?
  • Sonny's Salvation (Good-Time Boys #1)
  • Phantom Lover (Phantom Lover, #1)
  • Electricity In the Contact
  • Too Much Christmas Spirit
Fae Sutherland is the award-winning, bestselling author of 30 M/M erotic romance novels - co-authored and solo. She also writes M/F erotic romance under a pen name.

When Fae's not working on new stories to make her readers sweat, she loves website design, spending too much time on Twitter, and watching oodles of Food Network with her beloved life partner. If there's any time left over, it's spent s
More about Fae Sutherland...
The Gladiator's Master Gambling On Maybe (GlitterBomb!, #1) Letting In the Light More Than Words Equation For Love