Start by marking “629 Miles To Love” as Want to Read:
629 Miles To Love

629 Miles To Love

When Noah Parker left his hometown six years ago, he left behind more than his family and the confines of a town he'd outgrown. He also left behind Cal Green, his childhood best friend and high school love, and it's the one thing he's regretted ever since.

Now, called home by his ailing father, Noah decides he's had enough of regrets and sets in motion a plan to convince C

Published 2009 by Amber Allure

To ask other readers questions about 629 Miles To Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 629 Miles To Love

Zero at the Bone by Jane SevilleSpecial Delivery by Heidi CullinanDrawn Together by Z.A. MaxfieldArmed & Dangerous by Abigail RouxHow to Repair a Mechanical Heart by J.C. Lillis
Best Road Trip Gay Romance
8th out of 59 books — 119 voters
Hot Head by Damon SuedeThe Locker Room by Amy LaneCaught Running by Madeleine UrbanKeeping Promise Rock by Amy LaneA Fostered Love by Cameron Dane
Childhood Friends Become Gay Lovers
61st out of 243 books — 413 voters

More lists with this book...

Mar 09, 2010 Ami rated it really liked it
Pair of ex-lovers. One truck. 629 Miles ... Six years ago, Noah rejected Cal's proposal and left to pursue his dream. But Noah realizes he never stops loving Cal. So now, he "kidnaps" Cal -- and with a full-tank truck, Noah has 629 miles to ensure Cal that Noah loves and wants him back.

Gosh, my favorite theme wrapped in an emotional story. Dialogs between Noah and Cal when they let their heart bare are intense. When they are back together -- the scenes are hot and tender. I love it very much.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Jan 24, 2012 Mandy*reads obsessively* rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, ebook-owned, short
I enjoyed this long lost first loves/best friends reunite.
Noah left a heartbroken Cal behind 6 years ago, but now he's home and wants what they had back.
The entire story takes place in a car, since not letting Cal get away is the only way to get him to give him another chance.
A light and sweet story, despite all the hurt.
May 28, 2009 JenMcJ rated it really liked it
This is a short story. Maybe 80 pages. I did like both characters. I empathized with both of their sides of the story and for once I did not hate a long lost love story. That alone makes it practically a five star rating.

Aug 24, 2009 Kassa rated it liked it
This is a cute and romantic story about high school lovers that messed up and reconnect years later thru sheer stubbornness. No doubt this shorter story will be loved by romantics for the classic best friends turned lovers theme as well as the idea of never giving up on your first, true love. The authors have delivered a nicely well written story, able to infuse a connection not only between the men but with the reader. This lovely story wasn’t without its problems but the issues I had are likel ...more
Riina Y.T.
Sweet stuff. Just my kinda thing.
Had me tearing up and smile like a loon.
Lovely short by two lovely authors!
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Apr 10, 2014 Barb ~rede-2-read~ rated it liked it
Recommended to Barb ~rede-2-read~ by: Shannon
This is a very nice short story about two men who broke up the night of high school graduation six years ago and have been living with regret ever since.

Six years ago, Noah was excited about his acceptance into Cornell University and looking forward to following his dreams. When his boyfriend, Cal, proposed, he declined. He really wanted to go away to school and would have asked Cal to go with him, but Cal turned from him as soon as the proposal was declined, breaking up completely and dropping
One of my favorite themes in romance is the "second chance at love." I look for stories where couples are reunited, and I am always intrigued to see how an author will make their story work.

This one is unusual as it takes place in a truck while two former lovers (first loves) hash things out. This premise somewhat limits the scope of the story, but it is an interesting take on the theme.

It's quite short and easy to read, but I did not feel very tightly connected with the characters so I think t
Aug 03, 2013 Who? rated it did not like it
This is my first M/M erotica book and it's frankly not for me. I'm not homophobic or a hater but i don't like reading about M/M sexual encounters.
Yes, it said in the description and what not but I chose to read it and i didn't like it.

However, the story is considerably short and to be frank, you're left wondering what's gonna happen till the end. There's alot of emotions involved which makes it harder to GUESS the ending.

There was also an over-use of the word "baby" (I'm sick of reading that
Jun 18, 2016 Maria rated it really liked it
A short, quick easy read. Far fetched for sure. There was some resistance in the beginning which gave this short story it's feel. I would think the maneuvering in a Nissan truck alone between to male adults would be somewhat uncomfortable but if our two MC's can manage and enjoy it, who am I to argue against that? Hah!

When the Nissan's a rockin, don't come a knockin. Good times.
Lillian Francis
Aug 28, 2016 Lillian Francis rated it really liked it
Lovers reunited story. Sometimes with these type of stories it's hard to connect with the characters on an emotional level. They have history we have not shared and it isn't always easy to care. Not in this case. From the very beginning I was rooting for them to face their differences and take another chance.
Nov 26, 2009 Juniper rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary, m-m
Great location - trapped in a truck. Liked both characters - couldn't decide who I preferred! Have in the past been irritated by lost loves who meet again as they are often too easily resolved, but was engaged by this duo.
Kendra T
This was a cute, sweet, short story. I really felt for both MC's and for their point of view when it came to their break up/relationship. Being a short story, it went a bit quick but I didn't feel like it left anything out. Overall a good story.
Noah left home six ago and left the one he loved. There were reason behide it. Now he has come back for cal. These no running now Noah sort of kidnaps cal They going to be stuck in a car together and have it out or run away. WIll these guys have another shot.
Katy Beth Mckee
Nov 26, 2012 Katy Beth Mckee rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Noah and Cal splint up when Cal proposed and Noah said he wasn't worried. But Noah wants to get back together and he doesn't want to take no for an answer. This is a great story of finding lost love and having second chances.
Lexi Ander
Jul 24, 2010 Lexi Ander rated it really liked it
I am glad that this is the first book that I have read by FAE SUTHERLAND & MARQUERITE LABBE. I really enjoyed the characters and my heart twinged a bit for them as well. I look forward to reading the next book by them. :-)
Pamela Su
A nice enough reunited lovers story.

I liked the story but there's nothing particularly memorable about it.
Mar 02, 2015 OkayKim rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-it
I loved this story about mistakes made during youth and second chances. My favorite kind of love story. Sweet!
Mar 01, 2013 Shannon rated it really liked it
I loved this little book. It actually made some tears drip. Trapped in a truck with nowhere to go these two guys had a few things to get settled. What a great story.
Feb 27, 2016 Derynmorin1970 rated it really liked it

I would have liked to have read more of their past and when Noah first confronts Cal when he comes back... other than that, a very enjoyable read. :)
Jun 07, 2016 EmeArsh rated it it was amazing
THIS is how you right hurt comfort story with betrayal or abondonment themes. They just don't jump in the sack the moment they see each other after ten years. Wonderfully written.
Kennie rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2015
Marlobo rated it liked it
Oct 31, 2014
Comedicdrama rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2013
Corazon rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2012
Leni rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2015
Edina Rose
Mar 17, 2012 Edina Rose rated it liked it
Cute road romance between two best friends-lovers who broke up 6 years ago.
Dionne rated it it was ok
Dec 25, 2014
Klaudia rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2012
Jan 28, 2013 Allie rated it liked it
Shelves: romance-m-m
Areader rated it it was ok
Oct 27, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • I Heard Him Exclaim
  • Dirty Drag (Dirty Drag #1)
  • Electric Melty Tingles
  • Hard and Fast
  • The Perfect Stranger
  • Needing A Little Christmas
  • Love Ahead: Please Excuse Our Mess
  • Little Jamie
  • Remember Me?
  • Fall Into the Sun (Alejo and Bobby, #1)
  • Semper Fi
  • Bad Boys, Bad Boys (Boys in Blue, #1)
  • Don't Read in the Closet: Volume Four
  • Too Much Christmas Spirit
  • Unbound Surrender
  • Sam's Reluctant Submission (Sam's Reluctant Submission, #1)
  • Sonny's Salvation (Good-Time Boys #1)
  • My Christmas Present
Fae Sutherland is the award-winning, bestselling author of 30 M/M erotic romance novels - co-authored and solo. She also writes M/F erotic romance under a pen name.

When Fae's not working on new stories to make her readers sweat, she loves website design, spending too much time on Twitter, and watching oodles of Food Network with her beloved life partner. If there's any time left over, it's spent s
More about Fae Sutherland...