Start by marking “Spider-Man: Death And Dating” as Want to Read:
Spider-Man: Death And Dating

Spider-Man: Death And Dating (The Amazing Spider-Man #22)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  263 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Random earthquakes dont happen in New York - trust us, we live here. So how did one trap Spidey and a subway car full of New Yorkers underground? But theres more to these passengers than meets the eye as a high-powered mob trials verdict is in their hands - and one of them has a crucial connection to Petes old boss, J. Jonah Jameson! Also, when a bizarre criminal endangers ...more
Published May 20th 2009 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Spider-Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spider-Man

Young Napoleon
There's nothing wrong with any of these stories, but I don't think they fit together that spectacularly. & none of them are great - though the Betty Brant one at the end stands out as interesting. But I just didn't really care about these other things - Jameson's father? Harry's ex-wife & her obviously disturbed son? Nothing very memorable. Decent fair, but you can take it or leave it.
Shannon Appelcline
Waid's "Unscheduled Stop" is well-written, but shallow. It does introduce an interesting new character into the Spider-man mythos [6/10]. Guggenheim's "A Tale of Two Jackpots" is a nice resolution to a plot that had gotten sidelined, but what should have been an emotional story isn't [6/10]. Roger Stern's "Fill in the Blank" is pretty much a fill-in. The art's nice but that's its only redeeming feature [4/10]. Dan Slott's "Mind on Fire" ties together lots of Spider-Man mythology very nicely and ...more
Matt Chic
The two-part Shocker story in here with Marcos Martin on art might make this trade worth it just for that. Or you could just buy those two issues. The rest of the stuff is decent, but not great. You get the story behind who and why Jackpot is, but that ended up being kind of disappointing to me. You also get an 'explanation' of how Harry came back, but it's kinda weak. Good variety of Spidey stories by different writers and artists though-- just kind of a grab-bag of material.
B
A perfectly fine series of Spider-Man yarns. The authors do a good job building the subplots. In fact, they always seem more interesting than the main stories.

One repeated and strange plot point is that Peter Parker would be clearly getting information on behalf of Spider-Man. "What do you know about this supervillain that Spider-Man is fighitng? Is there any way Spider-Man could beat him? Like with webbing? I ask because I am a photographer."
Sonic
yeah yeah I'm a geek, but I admit I love Spiderman. And when the writing is done right and his real personality shines through, he seems like a real person kinda, or at least a real character. So having low expectations helped me enjoy most of this book, but with the different writers and artists the quality was a bit all over the place, but parts of this surprised me.
Tony
A slightly flat story arc redeemed by a one shot about Betty Brant's friendship with Peter Parker
Andy
I felt the shorter stories in this volume were more interesting and engaging than the last lot. A different and dark tale set in a collapsing subway tunnel reintroducing an old foe; the reveal of Jackpot; an insight into the life of Betty Brant. These new stories remind me of the better tales told in PP:SM and Tangled Web.
Iain
Read it in one sitting. Well, one lying down as I was in bed.
John

I guess the Betty brant one off was okay. I think artists enjoy drawing molten man more than I enjoy reading him. I guess I don't get why Mark Waid is so highly regarded as a comic writer.
Karla
Truly a teen-friendly comic pulling together great work from a variety of writers and artists. Great to get some background on the super-heroine Jackpot and Jonah Jameson's father.
Michael
Kind of a mixed collection from a variety of writers, but the Shocker story at the beginning was clearly the best. Other than that, the rest of the stories vary from so-so to just bad.
Mike
Waid's 2-parter is passable, decent writing but nothing terribly notable among a good Spidey run.

The molten man story is better - weird but informative.
Thomas
I liked the "Unscheduled Stop" storyline and the Betty Brant one off. I thought the Annual with a more in-depth look at Jackpot was also pretty good.
Jacobi
I just got this to look at the Marcos Martin art. The story itself? Kind of blah.
Bill Fletcher
Better than the usual Slott collection, mostly because Mark Waid is involved.
Catherine
Never thought I'd see Peter Parker speed dating.
Bubblegumcasting
Bubblegumcasting marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Abdul Mateen Mahdini
Abdul Mateen Mahdini marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Ricco
Ricco marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Bill Bryant
Bill Bryant marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Gabrielle
Gabrielle marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
  • Spider-Man: Red-Headed Stranger
  • The Amazing Spider-Man: The Gauntlet, Volume 5: Lizard
  • Spider-Man: The Gauntlet Book 4 - Juggernaut
  • Spider-Man: One Moment in Time
Mark Waid (born March 21, 1962 in Hueytown, Alabama) is an American comic book writer. He is best known for his eight-year run as writer of the DC Comics' title The Flash, as well as his scripting of the limited series Kingdom Come and Superman: Birthright, and his work on Marvel Comics' Captain America.
More about Mark Waid...
Kingdom Come Superman: Birthright JLA, Vol. 7: Tower of Babel Daredevil, Volume 1 Irredeemable, Vol. 1