Start by marking “La Sindrome di Pinocchio ” as Want to Read:
La Sindrome di Pinocchio

La Sindrome di Pinocchio

3.32 of 5 stars 3.32  ·  rating details  ·  112 ratings  ·  16 reviews
La minaccia di un attentato dopo l'11 settembre, che avrebbe cancellato per violenza il ricordo delle Twin Towers, ha trovato la sua tragica realizzazione: una nave da crociera con a bordo centinaia di studenti americani viene vaporizzata da un'esplosione nucleare. Come se non bastasse, una malattia mortale fa la sua comparsa negli Stati Uniti. Le conseguenze del morbo, so ...more
Published January 1st 2003 by Mondadori

To ask other readers questions about La Sindrome di Pinocchio, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about La Sindrome di Pinocchio

Kevin
I thought this book was great. Kind of political fiction that took a lot of twists and turns that left me on the edge of my seat. I would definitely read another book by this author but have yet to find one.
Cathleen Ash
Okay, so first let's just say that any book that blows up a cruise ship full of children in the first six pages is okay be me! (Just Kidding!). It's six months later, and everyone in the U.S. is freaked out by the fact that their brightest children - on a special gifted & talented cruise - are gone. No one (or should I say too many people?) has claimed responsibility.
It's snowing in Iowa and the postman is crossing a quiet streeet, continuing on his route. He glances over the hills behind th
Jeff Tufano
I actually give this book 2 1/2 stars but will round up to be generous since I've read worse.

Jeff Tufano
I actually give this book 2 1/2 stars but I'll round up for the sake of generosity.

I didn’t dislike this book but I didn’t love it either. Be forewarned it doesn’t have anything to do with the beloved character who wishes to become a real boy someday. It was a quick read about politics gone awry but the plot and the characters were a bit over the top for me. Some rich guy poisons people with something that makes them go catatonic and who eventually die so some other guy can become president. Th
Angie
In a world where your life is ruled by few governing individuals, we like to think that those ruling us have societies best interest at heart. Or at least have some value of life and those of their fellow man. And woman. What happens behind the shiny exterior put on for the camera?
With the president under attack from all political sides, it is left to a young shining star of a politician to lead people away from panic after a terrible nuclear attack. To make matters worse a horrible illness is
Iris
It starts with a bang, whimpers along, and dies into absurdity that is the graveyard of too many political thrillers. There's something almost schizophrenic about the writing -- patched of dullness and all of the sudden, a brilliant sentence or paragraph becomes even more brilliant from the contrast with the background. The story is interesting — I hope it gets picked up for a screenplay; I would love to see it as a movie.
Ruth
Denise
it started good but author seemed to lose focus
Jeana
The Pinnocchio Syndrome is a quick read with a mostly fast plat once you get into it. It's far fetched and cliche all at the same time, but if you want something that will entertain you quickly, this will do the job.
Peter Mcmahon
I read this a few years back and it blew my mind. Fantastic pace and a really intelligent story line. Really surprised me from an author I hadn't heard much about. Highly recommended.
Juliet
A quite unbelievable thriller but it still gets high points for the sensible and easy to read writing. I actually finished it in less than a day
Gerald Camp
Engrossing plot, though not very plausible. Characters were pretty thin. The author really likes cliche's.
Nikki Herbst
A little slow to start but couldn't put it down towards the end
Chriskolak
I really tried, but this book was just painful to read.
Nour Al-Islam
Nour Al-Islam marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Nunki Saimima
Nunki Saimima marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Jean-pierre Camus
Jean-pierre Camus marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Rob
Rob added it
Nov 08, 2014
Steve Providoshin
Steve Providoshin marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Kushad
Kushad marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Tyler
Tyler marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Greys Paola
Greys Paola marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014