Start by marking “La Sindrome di Pinocchio ” as Want to Read:
La Sindrome di Pinocchio

La Sindrome di Pinocchio

3.38  ·  Rating Details  ·  143 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
La minaccia di un attentato dopo l'11 settembre, che avrebbe cancellato per violenza il ricordo delle Twin Towers, ha trovato la sua tragica realizzazione: una nave da crociera con a bordo centinaia di studenti americani viene vaporizzata da un'esplosione nucleare. Come se non bastasse, una malattia mortale fa la sua comparsa negli Stati Uniti. Le conseguenze del morbo, so ...more
Published January 1st 2003 by Mondadori

To ask other readers questions about La Sindrome di Pinocchio, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about La Sindrome di Pinocchio

Kevin
Nov 20, 2012 Kevin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book was great. Kind of political fiction that took a lot of twists and turns that left me on the edge of my seat. I would definitely read another book by this author but have yet to find one.
Cathleen Ash
Okay, so first let's just say that any book that blows up a cruise ship full of children in the first six pages is okay be me! (Just Kidding!). It's six months later, and everyone in the U.S. is freaked out by the fact that their brightest children - on a special gifted & talented cruise - are gone. No one (or should I say too many people?) has claimed responsibility.
It's snowing in Iowa and the postman is crossing a quiet streeet, continuing on his route. He glances over the hills behind th
Jeff Tufano
I actually give this book 2 1/2 stars but will round up to be generous since I've read worse.

Jeff Tufano
I actually give this book 2 1/2 stars but I'll round up for the sake of generosity.

I didn’t dislike this book but I didn’t love it either. Be forewarned it doesn’t have anything to do with the beloved character who wishes to become a real boy someday. It was a quick read about politics gone awry but the plot and the characters were a bit over the top for me. Some rich guy poisons people with something that makes them go catatonic and who eventually die so some other guy can become president. Th
Melissa Lavery
I like this book and its many surprises. The plot was unique, and the book quickly became a page-turner. However, with that said, the author's use of the same diction, phrases, concepts (verbatim) became an irritation. Even when the thoughts of a character emerged, the word choice was the same as with several other characters. That part lacked complexity and authenticity.
Angie
Jun 29, 2014 Angie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In a world where your life is ruled by few governing individuals, we like to think that those ruling us have societies best interest at heart. Or at least have some value of life and those of their fellow man. And woman. What happens behind the shiny exterior put on for the camera?
With the president under attack from all political sides, it is left to a young shining star of a politician to lead people away from panic after a terrible nuclear attack. To make matters worse a horrible illness is
Charlotte Nash
I bought this book years ago because it had a special jacket promising 'as entertaining as Michael Crichton or your money back'. Wish I hadn't lost the receipt. Bizarre, thin and disappointing.
Sue Getman
Feb 04, 2016 Sue Getman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
a very interesting and probably not too far fetched story of power, control and bioterrorism
Dianna Shimizu
Jan 05, 2016 Dianna Shimizu rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good thriller that keeps you guessing and wanting more.
Iris
Mar 23, 2013 Iris rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It starts with a bang, whimpers along, and dies into absurdity that is the graveyard of too many political thrillers. There's something almost schizophrenic about the writing -- patched of dullness and all of the sudden, a brilliant sentence or paragraph becomes even more brilliant from the contrast with the background. The story is interesting — I hope it gets picked up for a screenplay; I would love to see it as a movie.
Ruth
Apr 16, 2009 Ruth rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Denise
Sep 22, 2014 Denise rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
it started good but author seemed to lose focus
Jeana
Apr 03, 2012 Jeana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Pinnocchio Syndrome is a quick read with a mostly fast plat once you get into it. It's far fetched and cliche all at the same time, but if you want something that will entertain you quickly, this will do the job.
Peter Mcmahon
May 21, 2012 Peter Mcmahon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this a few years back and it blew my mind. Fantastic pace and a really intelligent story line. Really surprised me from an author I hadn't heard much about. Highly recommended.
Juliet
Jul 19, 2007 Juliet rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
A quite unbelievable thriller but it still gets high points for the sensible and easy to read writing. I actually finished it in less than a day
Gerald Camp
Engrossing plot, though not very plausible. Characters were pretty thin. The author really likes cliche's.
Nikki Herbst
Sep 15, 2008 Nikki Herbst rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A little slow to start but couldn't put it down towards the end
Chriskolak
Jan 26, 2011 Chriskolak rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I really tried, but this book was just painful to read.
Maite Baldassarre
Apr 20, 2016 Maite Baldassarre rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it, couldn't put it down
Stephen Coleman
Aug 09, 2011 Stephen Coleman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well worth a read.
Todd Merritt
Todd Merritt rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2016
Joachim Schulz
Joachim Schulz rated it liked it
May 02, 2016
Karlien
Karlien marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2016
Robin Peeters
Robin Peeters marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
George Whittle
George Whittle rated it liked it
Apr 19, 2016
Mark
Mark added it
Apr 03, 2016
María
María marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2016
Asteropê
Asteropê marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2016
Heather Bradley
Heather Bradley marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2016
  • The Amethysts
  • Betrayal
  • True Crime
  • Quiet as a Nun (Jemima Shore, #1)
  • Closed Circle
  • Shadows on the Mirror (Sarah Fortune, #1)
  • Pay Off
  • Cold Blood (Lorraine Page, #2)
  • Angels Passing (DI Joe Faraday, #3)
  • The Color of Night
  • Do Ants Have Arseholes?
  • The Mastership Game
  • Living Proof (Charles Resnick, #7)
  • The Operative (Stratton, #3)
  • Undone