Start by marking “The Walking Dead, Vol. 11: Fear the Hunters” as Want to Read:
The Walking Dead, Vol. 11: Fear the Hunters

The Walking Dead, Vol. 11: Fear the Hunters (The Walking Dead #61-66)

4.34  ·  Rating Details  ·  13,224 Ratings  ·  500 Reviews
No one is safe in the aftermath of the most shocking Walking Dead storyline yet! The remaining survivors continue the road to Washington DC, but not everyone will make it out alive! Collecting issues #61-66 of the New York Times best-selling series, The Walking Dead!
Published January 6th 2010 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about The Walking Dead, Vol. 11, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Walking Dead, Vol. 11

World War Z by Max BrooksThe Zombie Survival Guide by Max BrooksThe Walking Dead, Vol. 01 by Robert KirkmanFeed by Mira GrantPride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith
Zombies!
363rd out of 1,385 books — 3,920 voters
Watchmen by Alan MooreV for Vendetta by Alan MooreThe Sandman, Vol. 1 by Neil GaimanThe Complete Maus by Art SpiegelmanBatman by Frank Miller
500 Essential Graphic Novels
311th out of 805 books — 647 voters

More lists with this book...

Becky
I don't know if I agree that this is the most shocking storyline yet, as the description says. I still think that the Governor takes that prize. But this was good all the same.

The in-group developments rocked me, especially with the death that occurs right off the bat, and the way that is handled. That was crazy unexpected! But the remaining stuff, the hunters named in the title, that was extremely predictable.

This wasn't my favorite, but honestly, these are so good that being 'not my favorite
Gabby
"They're fucking with the wrong people."
God damn god damn god damn. This volume was crazy! The Hunters were cruel and this volume really showed how humanity is lost among these people. All the horrible things Rick has to do are getting to him and he wants to be a good role model for Carl but it's almost impossible in a world like this. The idea of somebody watching the group from afar is really terrifying and creepy.

SPOILERS BELOW
I totally called it. Dale is dead. I knew he would be dead soon. T
Jan 11, 2016 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels, 2016
4.5 stars.

I'm kind of surprised that I liked this volume as much as I did because it was really predictable! Regardless it was still crazy good! It definitely wasn't the craziest but it was still awesome. Probably my second favourite volume so far. I love how badass Rick is. The writing and artwork was top notch in this volume. These comics are just so good, I can't get enough! I'm so beyond addicted.
Sam Quixote
May 19, 2014 Sam Quixote rated it liked it
This is one of those comedy volumes where Robert Kirkman goes overboard with the misery to the point of hilarity. It’s also another volume where the characters realise, yet again, how far they’ve left their humanity behind them. Yup, just like the last volume. And the one before that. And the one… etc.

The group are on their way to Washington, D.C, where Eugene, the scientist, might be able to do something about the zombie plague. But they get sidetracked when one of Dale and Andrea’s twins murde
Kaisersoze
Providing a much-needed ramp-up to what had been a slowly stagnating series, Volume 11 of Kirkman and Adlard's version of the zombie apocalypse goes for the juggler in a short, nasty story-line that is extremely impressive. Those who questioned any human could provide a credible threat to Rick and his group after the events at the prison might now have reason to pause before proclaiming such ill-considered judgements, because while none of the antagonists here stand anywhere near the Governor in ...more
Paul Capps
Feb 16, 2016 Paul Capps rated it really liked it
After several volumes of character development, Fear the Hunters turns out to have a more solid storyline than the previous two volumes, and it’s definitely a nice addition to the series.

After Rick’s crew runs into a wandering minister on their way to DC, they are stalked by a group of “hunters.” As you can expect with The Walking Dead, these are not you’re run-of-the-mill hunters, and you can probably guess their choice of prey.

Fear the Hunters offers a nice change of pace, and an actual vill
Kim
Nov 17, 2014 Kim rated it really liked it
Shelves: zombies-invade
These comics are so freakin addicting!!!!
Mindy
Nov 04, 2015 Mindy rated it it was amazing
I might be addicted to reading these. I seriously can't stop.

This one is so great. It contains two huge plot points from the T.V. show, but because things are so different I didn't even see one of them coming.

I wish this moment was written exactly like the comic, because... FUCK YEAH!!!
a-comic-book-rick-tells-abraham-that-the-hunters-are-fucking-with-the-wrong-people.jpg (486×768)

On to Vol. 12!
☣Lynn☣
Aug 28, 2015 ☣Lynn☣ rated it liked it

Soo much better than the previous book. It's faster paced and CANNIBALS!!
Darren Hagan aka snazzlebooks
**No spoilers**

Such a good volume. So fast paced and some pretty shocking moments. The group show how far they are willing to go to protect their own people.
Ayman Gomaa
Mar 28, 2016 Ayman Gomaa rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
What a volume xD , so good and so fast
world gone crazy really , losing humanity , cannibals now eating people and enjoy it
one of the twins really gone crazy and Carl took care of him but too late , Dale was so stressed and start to shout to everyone , Rick and Abraham still leading the group to the safety but hunters after them but they forget something

THEY ARE SCREWING WITH THE WRONG PEOPLE <3 i love that scene here and in the show was very good , this comics really mind blowing and still
Arielle Walker
This one was fairly heartbreaking - not that all of the volumes thus far don't have sad moments, but you get numbed to them. It's been a while since I read vol. 10 so I wasn't quite prepared for the deaths that occurred, even though I knew about them in advance. (view spoiler) ...more
Kemper
Apr 18, 2010 Kemper rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AMC is adapting The Walking Dead into a television series, and as a big fan of these comics, I was initially very excited about the idea. But after reading this latest volume, I’m starting to dread it. Because it’s hard enough reading about the horror and misery that sadist Robert Kirkman has heaped on these characters, but if the series is half as good as the books, I don’t know if I’m going to be able to take watching some of this stuff play out in live-action.

Things aren’t getting any better
Drew The Reviewer
Oct 17, 2015 Drew The Reviewer rated it it was amazing
This is by far the most twisted and disgusting volume yet. It has nonstop twists and turns on every single page. This is honestly my #1 favorite volume so far. The suspense is insane. The cannibalism concept made me race to turn the page. My thoughts are all over the place right now and I'm in love with this series so much. A thousand times better than the TV show!
Alondra
Jun 14, 2015 Alondra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
4.5 Stars

Much better than the last, IMHO.

Plot twists with Dale, the Twins and shockingly, Carl. It keeps throwing me for a loop how different the comics are from the T.V. Show.

You know what? I love it. I love how circumstances, mishaps and misadventures keep stirring up havoc with this group. So much happens, and you don't get a huge build-up before sh*t hits the fan. You turn the page and get a shocker.

Keep 'em coming!
Raeleen Lemay
Feb 01, 2015 Raeleen Lemay rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphicomanga
OOOH THIS ONE WAS REALLY REALLY GOOD. The part when Andrea was hiding in the woods was so fantastic.
Delmy =^.^=
Mar 14, 2016 Delmy =^.^= rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novel
Tastes like chicken.

Rachel Reads Ravenously (AKA The Wildcard Reader)
I preferred this book SOOOOO much more than the Terminus plot on the show. Instead of a crapton of buildup, the cannibals are introduced and dealt with all in one volume. And also a plus, it was a heck of a lot less gratuitous than the previous books.

I CAN'T STOP READING THESE. HELP ME!!!
Mike
Nov 29, 2012 Mike rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story, wish I could ever get to say "believable characters". I like where the story is going - the group is on the move, exposed, less certainty about where they get their food or shelter. They are facing new situations about who to trust, and new threats from weird people.

All that is good generic plot fodder, and Kirkman takes us down a path with the "hunters" that he's never hinted at before. It was intriguing when we didn't have a clear picture of what the hunters wanted and why (like t
Ashley
I reaaaalllly wish I had read this before I started my Harry Potter re-read, as the thought of interrupting Deathly Hallows, which despite being the saddest and most sober of the HP books, is still quite happy, for this, was not a pleasant or desirable thought. And reading it after seems even more unpleasant. Yet, they were due back at the library, who knows how long it would take me to get them again, and I didn't want to add any more money to my already considerably hefty ongoing library fines ...more
Ryan  Buckby
Apr 06, 2016 Ryan Buckby rated it really liked it
this comic is starting to pick up the series again, the survivors are on the move again trying to find somewhere to live.

We are introduced to a new character Father Gabriel who almost gets killed by a couple of walkers until the group rescue him and he then takes them to his church where he has been held up for quiet some time during the apocalypse. However the group soons runs into trouble when a cannibal group soon begins to taunt the group, Dale is soon taken by the group and has his leg cut
Jamie-leigh Haughn
May 14, 2014 Jamie-leigh Haughn rated it it was amazing
This was one of the more messed up ones!! This volume started of with a bang and it was just one horrible thing after another! I love these graphic novels! While they are completely disgusting, they are also addicting! Not for the faint of heart but as always, I definitely recommend this series!
Richelle
Sep 22, 2015 Richelle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novel
this volume was copied almost exactly into the tv show, only with different characters .. we met the cannibal group.. who takes one of our survivors and cuts off their leg and proceeds to eat it.. (happened in the show with Bob) in comics with ****. we also met the reverend in this comic..
and another scene that was pretty much exact was when one kid kills their sibling.. and then the group has to decide what the heck to do with a kid that doesn't understand that murder is wrong..
we see a very d
Adam
Jun 13, 2012 Adam rated it liked it
Shelves: comic-books
Kate
Aug 04, 2015 Kate rated it really liked it
I couldn't wait for the hardcover compilation (The Walking Dead #6) to arrive at the library, so I made do with the paperback that picks up where I left off.

The group is on the move, but when one of the twins kills his brother without remorse, the group is stuck wondering how to remedy the situation. One solution is to kill the remaining twin, but many in the group are opposed to child murder. There is one member of the group who takes matters into his own hands. The death of both of the twins
José
Oct 20, 2015 José rated it really liked it
This volume was brutal. Finally Rick realises the horrible things he has to do in order to survive in this terrible post apocalyptic world; I thought that the TV show handled the whole Hunters plot better but the comics are also great and it has some really creepy moments.
Isidora Urzúa
Apr 13, 2013 Isidora Urzúa rated it it was amazing
Este es LEJOS el mejor volumen que he leído hasta ahora. Me gusto cómo estructuraron, cómo dieron los giros, cómo dibujaron esos giros -maestros- pero sobre todo, me encantó que por fin los personajes tomaron el control de una situación y la ejecutaron como uno hubiera querido.
Por fin hay crecimiento, aprendizaje, ya no son lamentables. Al contrario, dan más ganas de leer en la medida en que, como ahora por fin, los personajes toman el control, en la medida de lo posible, de lo que les sucede.
Ot
Crystal Starr Light
Bullet Review:

So more characters die (for incredibly stupid reasons), we meet up with a reverend meaning "Look out anvilicious Faith vs. Science conversations!!", and cannibals. Also, these guys haven't been rationing until NOW?

I'm not exactly sure why I like this volume more than the other. I think it's Andrea. And I like the new character of Gabriel, even if he is as subtle as a brick in the face. Is Rick EVER going to realize that yes, he's a monster just as bad as the Governor and either acc
Neo Marshkga
Sep 14, 2015 Neo Marshkga rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics-others
Things get dark, things get fucked up, grizzly and very very bloody.
The arc starts with the group running from a herd of zombies, and as soon as they find some kind of peace, a tragedy strucks, and Ben, one of the little twins, slaughters his brother with a knife.
This starts to fragment the group. how should they react to a killing as savage as that one, from the hands of what looks like an innocent boy?
Carl serves as judge and executioner, when he goes quietly in the night and shoots Ben, killi
Andy
I read this back to back with volume 10 and frankly, half way through was having difficulties remembering what had just occurred. I think this suffers when read in trades, the singles format works so much better for an ongoing series like this without specific story arcs. Spoilers from here.

The stalker/cannibal gang was slightly different and creepy but I'm now really starting to be put off our 'heroes'. Killing them was inevitable but the fact they tortured them is a step too far. They've lost
  • Revival, Vol. 4: Escape to Wisconsin
  • Y: The Last Man, Vol. 4: Safeword (Y: The Last Man, #4)
  • 28 Days Later, Vol. 5: Ghost Town
  • Chew, Vol. 3: Just Desserts
  • American Vampire, Vol. 4
  • Locke & Key, Vol. 2: Head Games
More about Robert Kirkman...

The Walking Dead (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • The Walking Dead, Vol. 01: Days Gone Bye