Start by marking “Around the World” as Want to Read:
Around the World

Around the World

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  87 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Dumped by his lover for a younger man, travel writer Stephan retreats to his flat to nurse his wounds. Along the way he runs into his neighbor, the handsome and hip Patrick. Stephan is instantly smitten, yet realistic. What would a gorgeous young thing like Patrick want with a tired old globetrotter? As it turn out, quite a bit.
Published May 2009 by Phaze Books

To ask other readers questions about Around the World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Around the World

Strawberries for Dessert by Marie SextonEdward Unconditionally by Lynn LorenzDrawn Together by Z.A. MaxfieldTiming by Mary CalmesBad Boyfriend by K.A. Mitchell
Best Gay "Flamboyant" Characters
89th out of 157 books — 310 voters
Muscling Through by J.L. MerrowSno Ho by Ethan DayClear Water by Amy LaneCaught Running by Madeleine UrbanOne of Those Days by Zathyn Priest
Best Gay Light-Hearted Romance
147th out of 253 books — 302 voters

More lists with this book...

Daisiemae
Around the World by Jade Falconer was such a delightful read! I love reading May/December romances. It’s always so much fun reading two completely different generations find a way to connect with one another.

Around the World is definitely a short story. It’s only 33 pages or so, but it was enjoyable, and a very sweet escape for me while I read it. Even though it’s a quick read, it’s packs a lot of punch and chemistry between the two heroes in this book. Is it realistic? No. But, I don’t read and
Alina
This book is just plain adorable!
I love May/December romances and here's the perfect example. Stephan's endearing in his uncertainty and I'm happy for him and Patrick - these two are soo good together!
Cat
May 26, 2010 Cat rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: e-books, m-m
Good Story I wish it was longer
Tam
Aug 13, 2009 Tam rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
This is the second short I have by this author with the same theme, May/December romance. I also seemed to have a theme yesterday. Another young neighbor story. This time a 40ish year old travel writer runs into his new 21 (or so) new neighbor (with neon orange hair?). They get to talking about travel and just being friends (old guy always figures no way young guy is interested) when he gets an invite to a wedding where he knows his ex will be there with his younger lover. So young guy kind of h ...more
Arthur
This is hearwarming short story about a middle-age person, Stephan, who falls for a guy about half of his age, Patrick, but is too much afraid to say anything. Partly because he's still burnt after his boyfriend for seven years left him for a younger guy. Little did Stephan know, the Patrick is also falling for him too! I like the way they interact and keep the boundary for quite a while.

Particularly interesting is when Stephan asked Patrick--well, sort of, since it's Patrick who basically hinte
Cindi
Nice, quick read about an older man who falls for his new neighbor who is half his age. The attraction between the two is immediate though it takes awhile for either to act on it.

Overall, a good story considering the length. I would have liked to have seen more between Stephan and Patrick but I am happy with how everything played out.
Librarian Kate
Cute short story - living well is the best revenge, they say. Or maybe it's a hot young thing with a crush on his older, travel-writer neighbor... or a gorgeous date for the wedding your d-bag ex is also attending... or gotta-have-it sex in the bride's changing room... or all of the above!
Danni
A short sweet story with a slow build-up (if things can be slow in a short story). Patrick is really sweet and seems like a fun guy. Stephen is a little insecure, because he is so much older than Patrick. I think they go together really well anyway and I would love to read more about the two.
Lily

A sweet and engaging May/December story. It's nicely written and I liked both of the protags. Too bad it was so short.
Veronica /  V
This is so cute and lovely, why the author doesn't write a sequel? I would buy it straight away.
Susan
Short but sweet. It would have been nice to see what happened next.
Lovely May/December romance. Wish it had been longer than it was.
Lena
Lena added it
Aug 05, 2014
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
JustJen "Miss Conduct" marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Sally halliday
Sally halliday marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2014
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2013
Tomma
Tomma marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Inspired by the important things in life: beauty, love, and passion, Jade has spent several years writing erotic fiction. The forbidden nature of homoeroticism has been the basis for many megabytes of fiction that has delighted a wide circle of online readers.
More about Jade Falconer...
Survival Wicked Game Cold Hands, Warm... Tangled Web Making Magic