Start by marking “Around the World” as Want to Read:
Around the World

Around the World

Dumped by his lover for a younger man, travel writer Stephan retreats to his flat to nurse his wounds. Along the way he runs into his neighbor, the handsome and hip Patrick. Stephan is instantly smitten, yet realistic. What would a gorgeous young thing like Patrick want with a tired old globetrotter? As it turn out, quite a bit.
Published May 2009 by Phaze Books

To ask other readers questions about Around the World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Around the World

Daisiemae
Around the World by Jade Falconer was such a delightful read! I love reading May/December romances. It’s always so much fun reading two completely different generations find a way to connect with one another.

Around the World is definitely a short story. It’s only 33 pages or so, but it was enjoyable, and a very sweet escape for me while I read it. Even though it’s a quick read, it’s packs a lot of punch and chemistry between the two heroes in this book. Is it realistic? No. But, I don’t read and
Cat
May 26, 2010 Cat rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books, m-m
Good Story I wish it was longer
Tam
Aug 13, 2009 Tam rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
This is the second short I have by this author with the same theme, May/December romance. I also seemed to have a theme yesterday. Another young neighbor story. This time a 40ish year old travel writer runs into his new 21 (or so) new neighbor (with neon orange hair?). They get to talking about travel and just being friends (old guy always figures no way young guy is interested) when he gets an invite to a wedding where he knows his ex will be there with his younger lover. So young guy kind of h ...more
Arthur
Dec 02, 2011 Arthur rated it really liked it
This is hearwarming short story about a middle-age person, Stephan, who falls for a guy about half of his age, Patrick, but is too much afraid to say anything. Partly because he's still burnt after his boyfriend for seven years left him for a younger guy. Little did Stephan know, the Patrick is also falling for him too! I like the way they interact and keep the boundary for quite a while.

Particularly interesting is when Stephan asked Patrick--well, sort of, since it's Patrick who basically hinte
Cindi
Oct 03, 2012 Cindi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, short-story, 2012
Nice, quick read about an older man who falls for his new neighbor who is half his age. The attraction between the two is immediate though it takes awhile for either to act on it.

Overall, a good story considering the length. I would have liked to have seen more between Stephan and Patrick but I am happy with how everything played out.
Librarian Kate
Mar 20, 2012 Librarian Kate rated it really liked it
Cute short story - living well is the best revenge, they say. Or maybe it's a hot young thing with a crush on his older, travel-writer neighbor... or a gorgeous date for the wedding your d-bag ex is also attending... or gotta-have-it sex in the bride's changing room... or all of the above!
Alina
Sep 17, 2011 Alina rated it it was amazing
This book is just plain adorable!
I love May/December romances and here's the perfect example. Stephan's endearing in his uncertainty and I'm happy for him and Patrick - these two are soo good together!
Danni
Apr 18, 2012 Danni rated it liked it
A short sweet story with a slow build-up (if things can be slow in a short story). Patrick is really sweet and seems like a fun guy. Stephen is a little insecure, because he is so much older than Patrick. I think they go together really well anyway and I would love to read more about the two.
Susan
Sep 03, 2011 Susan rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-read, z-2012
Short but sweet. It would have been nice to see what happened next.
V
Sep 30, 2012 V rated it really liked it
This is so cute and lovely, why the author doesn't write a sequel? I would buy it straight away.
Lily
Oct 20, 2009 Lily rated it really liked it

A sweet and engaging May/December story. It's nicely written and I liked both of the protags. Too bad it was so short.
Marlobo
Bookbee
3.5 Stars

Story would have benefited by a few more chapters.
Jun 29, 2011 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Lovely May/December romance. Wish it had been longer than it was.
Lindsay
Lindsay rated it it was amazing
Sep 02, 2009
Jamielee
Jamielee rated it really liked it
Mar 21, 2015
Jenre
Jenre rated it liked it
Nov 21, 2009
Maggie
Maggie rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2009
Kyattchan
Kyattchan rated it liked it
Aug 26, 2012
Emmie
Emmie rated it it was ok
Nov 09, 2011
Jaeson
Jaeson rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2010
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2009
Linda
Linda rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2013
Baby Doll
Baby Doll rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Selenay
Selenay rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2013
Tara
Tara rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2013
Jojo
Jojo rated it liked it
Nov 29, 2012
Lottapotta
Lottapotta rated it it was ok
Mar 28, 2013
Chris
Chris rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2010
Johanna
Johanna rated it really liked it
May 02, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
1119407
Inspired by the important things in life: beauty, love, and passion, Jade has spent several years writing erotic fiction. The forbidden nature of homoeroticism has been the basis for many megabytes of fiction that has delighted a wide circle of online readers.
More about Jade Falconer...