Start by marking “Maisy Goes Camping: A Maisy First Experience Book” as Want to Read:
Maisy Goes Camping: A Maisy First Experience Book

Maisy Goes Camping: A Maisy First Experience Book (Maisy)

3.59  ·  Rating Details  ·  217 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
Five in the tent! A camping trip with Maisy turns into a slapstick comedy of errors in this hilarious picture-book adventure.

When Maisy sets off to go camping in the country, it’s only natural that all her friends come along, too. But they soon find that pitching a tent is not an easy thing to do. Even if they do manage to keep the tent up, there’s the matter of fitting th
Published March 10th 2009 by Candlewick Press

To ask other readers questions about Maisy Goes Camping, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maisy Goes Camping

RC
Jul 21, 2015 RC rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
With her usual bright colors and simple text, Lucy Cousin's delivers another great addition to the Maisy series. Maisy Goes Camping is a simple story about friends going camping, but it contains great social-emotional messages about not giving up, along with some useful counting practice.

Overall, this is a sweet story that is a little deeper than it first appears.
Joy
My daughters received this book for Christmas and so far, the oldest enjoys it.

Maisy and her friends all go on a camping trip. They set up their tent and then settle in for the night but will they all fit?

My daughter enjoys the part where they count the characters as they go into the tent.
Ellias
Jul 01, 2014 Ellias rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
We read this before our second season of camping out, and I thought it was pretty funny. The only thing is has to do with camping is sleeping in a tent, but I know all the characters names when they pop out, so I still made Mommy read it about a hundred times.
Emily
A very simple book about a group of friends and a trip camping. The book could be good for preK or Kindergarten. The font size is large and the pictures are easy to understand, making this a good book for them.
Beth Singleton
Apr 29, 2015 Beth Singleton rated it really liked it
In the realm of the pre-k crowd, I love Maisy and her friends. Lucy Cousins artwork combines bright colors and the perfect amount of detail without being too distracting. She also has a knack for writing a storyline that introduces little ones to new vocabulary and sentences without losing her audience.

Hands down, this is my favorite of Maisy's adventures. Without being preachy, kids see how Maisy and her friends tackle problems and find solutions to putting up a tent, a daunting challenge to ma
Allison C. McCulloch
I'd give it 3.5 stars. It's fun.
Polly
Fine for a summer story time.
Hope4flowers
Jul 18, 2013 Hope4flowers rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bookshenrysread
Henry(at 4 years old) loves this one and asks to read it again and again. It has beautiful, bright illustrations and big easy to read simple words. A great book to point with your finger to the words as you read the book. I'll occasionally have him tell me what the words are. He can usually figure it out from the context and memory and it helps him become familiar with different words.
jacky
A nice addition to the Maisy series. It is really more about teamwork and compromise than camping, but it does introduce things associated with camping through the pictures. Natalie learned about sleeping bags and sleeping under the stars. Also a counting book up to five.
Tricia
as a maisy book goes, this would be one of the better ones. when the friends go camping, setting up the tent and turning in for the night are the main focus of the book. would be good if an all ages storytime on the green turned all "two-year-old" on the presenter.
Emerson
Jul 17, 2012 Emerson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-books
Another hit in the Maisy series. This time they all go camping, culminating in the whole group of friends trying to fit into the tent! They end up sleeping outside under the stars when Eddie the elephant tries to get into the tent.
Elisabeth
May 29, 2011 Elisabeth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a perfect book to read to our 4 year old to get him ready for the idea of camping. And it has a counting element that isn't patronizing doesn't overwhelm the story like many other counting books do.
Leah
A simple story with colorful illustrations. Invites children to count the number of animals in the tent, while introducing a camping/outdoors theme. Used in camping storytime with 0-5 year olds with some success.
Ingrid
My best book for camping storytime. It worked for both age groups. The basics of camping are introduced as well as themes of friendship, counting, bright colors, and humor. Also works well as an easy reader.
Dylan Reisz
Anything with Maisy is a "good read." In this one, she shares a tent with her closest pals, but Eddie the Elephant is so big, everyone but him ends up sleeping outside the tent.
John O'hara
Aug 26, 2012 John O'hara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My 16 month old daughter loves this, which means I have to read it multiple times in one sitting!!! As children's books go, this is well illustrated and with a fun story.
Katya Epstein
Short and simple. My two-year-old daughter laughs out loud every time I read it to her. I find the illustrations a little crude, but they're good enough.
Jessica Lauber
Meet Maisy and her friends in this great introduction to camping for younger kids. Funny. Pages are colorful with full page illustrations.
Alexandria
Nov 22, 2011 Alexandria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me encanto la parte en que todos echaron de la tienda y me gusto la parte cuando la carpa cayo sobre Maisy y sus amigos.
Samantha
Libro muy lindo. Este libro me dejó riendo y la celebración de mi estómago como Pepo patadas a todo el mundo de la tienda.
Patricia
Teacher.
Oct 31, 2012 Teacher. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: monday10
We liked this one! Maisy and the crew go camping and fill a tent with friends and fun!
Anaeka
We read it once. That's about it. A prefers The Bear scouts book (berenstein bears)
Ashley
Sep 16, 2013 Ashley rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute little book, and a fun way to review counting to five.
Brenna Call
Cool way for kids to practice counting.
Catherine
Jan 04, 2009 Catherine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Pop" (giggle, giggle).
Brittney S.
Jun 10, 2013 Brittney S. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We love all the Maisy books.
Maha
  • In the Rain with Baby Duck
  • Too Purpley!
  • Piggies in the Pumpkin Patch
  • Let's Go Visiting
Lucy Cousins, BA Honours in Graphic Design from The Faculty of Arts and Architecture, Brighton Polytechnic, postgraduate degree from Royal College of Art, is an author-illustrator of children's books. She is best known for her books featuring Maisy Mouse but she has also published other children's books including one about Noah's Ark. She is a mother of four and lives in Hampshire, England. Her ow ...more
More about Lucy Cousins...

Maisy (1 - 10 of 140 books)
  • Maisy Goes to the Library: A Maisy First Experience Book
  • Maisy's Bedtime
  • Maisy Big, Maisy Small
  • Doctor Maisy
  • Maisy Drives the Bus
  • Maisy's Pool
  • Maisy Cleans Up
  • Maisy Takes a Bath
  • Maisy's Rainbow Dream (Maisy)
  • Maisy Makes Gingerbread