Start by marking “A Woman's Book of Herbs: The Healing Power of Natural Remedies” as Want to Read:
A Woman's Book of Herbs: The Healing Power of Natural Remedies

A Woman's Book of Herbs: The Healing Power of Natural Remedies

Herbal remedies passed down through three generations are recounted in this inspirational book, joyfully written for women of all ages. A Woman's Book of Herbs guides you through the process of creating your own medicine chest of botanicals -- from gardening and gathering to preparation, storage, and use. Tinctures, tonics, and teas for a variety of women's health concerns ...more
Published October 1st 2000 by Citadel

To ask other readers questions about A Woman's Book of Herbs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Woman's Book of Herbs

Zoe
Mar 19, 2015 Zoe rated it it was amazing
Deb Sole has a beautiful connection with nature. She begins her book with a little history in the use of herbs, which I found very enlightening. The recipes use easy to obtain herbs (wild or cultivated). She teaches the beginner how to make salves, tinctures, & teas and how/why they are used. She elaborates on how to properly dry different types of herbs (in case we thought hanging them upside down to air dry was the only method) *smile* I was surprised to find a very detailed description of ...more
Kim
Jan 25, 2016 Kim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Easy to read and understand - a wealth of information. This is definately becoming one of my herbal resource guides.
Katherine
Though a little bit on the---hate to say it-- crunchy side, this is a great little reference for women, especially concerning hormone balancing. This is a guide written by a woman with an expertise knowledge of herbs and more importantly, their practical use (especially in blends). Though mostly directed towards women, there are recipes that focus on immune enhancing and more that don't specifically pertain to any gender. All in all a good reference.
Amy
I would have liked this book better if it were less wiccan/new age/neo-pagan/goddess worship heavy. I fully believe in the healing potential of herbs, but it was hard to get into this book that suggested taking these herbs after lighting a candle and praying to my ancestors.
Jacinda
Dec 13, 2010 Jacinda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
I highly recommend this book for people who are interested in understanding more about the intricacies of woman health issues as they relate to the spiritual and natural world. I found that while reading, I took many moments to reflect on the joys of being female:)
Steph Schroeder
Jan 31, 2008 Steph Schroeder rated it really liked it
Deb Soule's herb book spills empathy and nurturing support for women. This is the first herb book I ever owned.
Yasam
Yasam marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2016
RUBEN VILLALPANDO
RUBEN VILLALPANDO marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2016
Stephanie Makovich
Stephanie Makovich marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2016
Anandi
Anandi marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
Cmagoodreads
Cmagoodreads marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Liona
Liona marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Brooke
Brooke marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
Carmen
Carmen rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2016
Debra
Debra rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2016
Irena
Irena rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2016
PJ
PJ marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2016
Barbara Bailey
Barbara Bailey marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2016
Elke Payne
Elke Payne rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2016
Cathy
Cathy rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2016
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it liked it
Jan 22, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2016
Nancy
Nancy rated it liked it
Dec 25, 2015
Naoma
Naoma rated it it was amazing
Dec 16, 2015
Deborah Hamon
Deborah Hamon is currently reading it
Dec 10, 2015
Zanne Baker
Zanne Baker rated it liked it
Oct 12, 2015
WitchHaven Millay
WitchHaven Millay marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Stacey Emerson
Stacey Emerson rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2015
Panda'S Yuki
Panda'S Yuki marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2015
bobbie howell
bobbie howell marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015