Start by marking “The Call of the Writer's Craft: Writing and Selling the Book Within” as Want to Read:
The Call of the Writer's Craft: Writing and Selling the Book Within

The Call of the Writer's Craft: Writing and Selling the Book Within

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Getting a book successfully published is as much about talent and creative drive as it is a matter of determination and business practice. Luckily for would-be authors, this book delivers the how-to on both the creativity and the business.

Lecturer and writing retreat leader Tom Bird introduces authors to their Divine Author Within, and guides them through the process of li
Published July 18th 2009 by Adams Media Corporation (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Call of the Writer's Craft, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Call of the Writer's Craft

Victoria
I picked this book up at the library the other day, thinking it looked helpful and interesting, but upon reading it now I'd say it's the exact opposite of all the things the many many critic quotes claim on and in this book. This book takes a very New Age-y approach to the craft of writing and is barely, if at all, grounded in reality. I could see this book being good for people who subscribe to this sort of thinking, but I did not find it useful.
Chelsea
Aug 20, 2009 Chelsea rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who needs a little push creativly
Recommended to Chelsea by: Barns and Noble
Oh my gosh this book is the best motivational book I've ever read. The techniques outlined in it could be applied to any creative craft. I bought it in hopes of getting some tips on the best way to go about writing the story I've had bumbling around in my head for the past few months and I received way more than I paid for with this book. I'm following Tom Bird's advice to the T and I'm already further than I ever thought I would be in the writing of my own little novel. I loved this book and wo ...more
Kimberly
I found the second half of the book the most helpful, and that was about publishing. It helped me greatly. But I didn't find the first part of it (which was how to write in a limited span of time) helpful. It's a helpful guide when it comes to publishing, but if you're looking for a book that helps you how to write, look elsewhere.
Fredrick Danysh
Bird discusses factors involved in the writing process and getting a book published. He also addresses the mechanics giving examples and learning exercises on the techniques of writing.
Grizzy
Grizzy marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
Abby
Abby added it
Dec 10, 2014
Alison Migala
Alison Migala marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Emma
Emma is currently reading it
Sep 17, 2014
Jim
Jim marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Peter
Peter added it
Feb 20, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2013
Brad
Brad added it
Jul 08, 2013
Amber Bartle
Amber Bartle marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2013
Michelle Nesbit
Michelle Nesbit marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2013
Soulfinity
Soulfinity marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2013
Mikhaela Georgette
Mikhaela Georgette is currently reading it
Mar 05, 2013
You Were Born to Write: Complete Your Book in 30 Days or Less by Mastering the Inner Game of Writing Brilliant Selling 2nd edn: What the best salespeople know, do and say (Brilliant Business) You Were Born to Be Published: Eleven Laws for Getting Your Writing Into Print Now! You Can... Write Your Book in a Weekend: Secrets Behind This Proven, Life Changing, Truly Unique, Inside-Out Approach FT Guide to Business Training