Start by marking “The Seventh Unicorn” as Want to Read:
The Seventh Unicorn

The Seventh Unicorn

3.4 of 5 stars 3.40  ·  rating details  ·  273 ratings  ·  37 reviews
By the author of The Woman Who Heard Color...

In her quest to discover a medieval treasure, curator Alex Pellier visits a convent in Lyon, but its storehouse of items dating back to the thirteenth century turns up little. Then, Alex discovers a centuries-old poem and sketches. These suggest to her that there may be a seventh, yet undiscovered tapestry in the world-renowned
Published October 4th 2005 by Berkley (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Seventh Unicorn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Seventh Unicorn

Mιss •kαthєяίиє•  Τhε Emεrαℓd Pяίиcεss®
Apr 15, 2010 Mιss •kαthєяίиє• Τhε Emεrαℓd Pяίиcεss® rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Mιss •kαthєяίиє• by: The librarian
Shelves: nice-cover
I choose this one because I happen to be intrigued of the Unicorns and those tapisseries. I've read another book with the same topic The Lady and the Unicorn and I liked it so I had thought that this book would be an interesting choice too.

As a romance book, I liked it. It was a nice homey story about two classmates who when students in college fell in love with each other but in the end life got them seperated. As all romance stories, they found each other again and stayed happily together.

As a
Christine
Kerry
I liked it. It was a nice, pleasant read with engaging characters. Nothing particularly radical happened to any of them, but what did happen was very logical and neatly executed. Alex's daughter, Soliel (or Sunny) was a delightful minor character, who pretty much stole her scenes. This books uses many of the set pieces of the romance novel, but in a beautifully understated way that really worked for me. There are no continual, sighing reflections on the other person's physique, no trembling glan ...more
Tina
I wish I could view the medieval tapestries that are the heart of this book. It is a nice tale with a little history, mystery, art, romance, and the French countryside all mixed together. You can't go wrong with those ingredients. A nice read all around. I feel the need to visit an art museum this weekend -- if only it could be the one in the story set in Paris!
Panagiotis
Ένα ευχάριστο ανάγνωσμα για παραλία. Είναι αυτό που είναι χωρίς να θέλει να μεταμφιεστεί σε κάτι άλλο. Μια ιστορία αγάπης ένα καλογραμμένο άρλεκιν με όλα τα κλισέ δοσμένα στις σωστές δόσεις και με λίγη ιστορία τέχνης δοσμένη μέσα από την ιστορία μιας άτυχης ιστορία αγάπης στη γαλλική αναγέννηση. Τι άλλο θέλει κανείς για δυο ευχάριστες ώρες στη παραλία;
CatarinaG
Mar 18, 2008 CatarinaG rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Ana O.
Shelves: 2008, all, em-pt
Não foi assim uma leitura por 'aí além' mas não desgostei de todo. é uma história e amor não resolvida na adolescência e que acartou alguma infelicidade até poder ser arrumada 'como os intervenientes desejavam'.
Lê-se muito bem entre dois livros mais pesados, para desanuviar ou assim despreocupadamente, nas férias.
A história à volta da tapeçaria é engraçada e bem construída. Sem ser de tirar o folêgo é um livrinho de leitura muito agradável, um pouco na onda do "A dama e o Unicórnio"...
É um liv
Oscura
Un bel libro romantico. Generalmente non amo molto il genere troppo sdolcinato, ma devo dire che l'autrice riesce a rendere convincente e non troppo scontata la storia d'amore fra i protagonisti. Molto avvincente la vicenda della scoperta e dell'acquisizione dell'arazzo perduto.
Viki
Kept my interest until the last page. Jone's writing is tight and wonderfully descriptive. Both a love story and a mystery. Loved getting a small taste of the " Art World" as well...
Melissa
I liked most of the book, except the love story part was a little too "Harlequin Romance-y" for me.
The story takes place in Paris and Lyons, France and is about the discovery of a medieval tapestry in a convent, as well as the stories of the weaver and designer.
Nitrorockets
It's a love story, and normally I really can't take the cheesy love story lit. I find it boorish. But then, after being so incredibly bored with all the work focused reading I have been doing, this looked pretty darn good. And it actually was interesting. Kind of exciting, and then almost too much so. It seems like in parts to be written almost as a soap. You know, jump from one person's story to the next, all sequential of course. So that bothered me a bit, but not as much as I expected. Still ...more
Susan
Wonderful premise - - but drippy story....
Jimmi
I really like being able to support local authors, and this author grew up in my hometown of Twin Falls, Idaho. I was able to attend a reading that she did a couple years ago when we both lived in Boise, Idaho. It's a fun little modern day story about a medieval tapestry and its history through the ages as told by a woman who visits Italy as a young woman and again as an adult.
Paula García reynaldos
Soy una entusiasta de los unicornios y de la serie de tapices medievales de La Dama y el Unicornio que están en el museo Cluny de París. La historia no parece demasiado original si uno ha leído cosas similares al "Código Da Vinci", pero es suficientemente entretenida y tiene detalles que parecen bien recreados, sobre la vida de las mujeres en la Edad Media.
Juliana Haught
Interesting mystery, going into some art history and themes in art. Some (predictable) romance. At first, I found the male lead character extremely annoying, not sure if I ever really came to like him that much - liked the female lead better. I enjoyed the book, but I'm not going to make it a point to find any more books by this author.
Margo
I did not like either of the two main characters, to the extent that I could not root for either of them to achieve what they wanted. The premise is interesting, but the plot development was poor enough that the events that are supposed to build up to the "big moment" are insipid and uninspiring. Very disappointing.
Michelle
Was a pretty good read, a wee, tiny bit slow to get into it, but once you are...
Very much a tale regarding the origins of the well known medeival tapestries. Interesting viewpoint, and not entirely without merit.
It does flip back and forth between the past and the present, and the ties between them.
Lisa H.
*sigh* My recent luck with picking books has not been good - most recently that piece of crap, The Mask of Atreus, and now this. Note to self: pay attention to who writes the blurbs. Nicholas Sparks should have clued me in right away that this was going to be more schmaltz and less suspense.
Isaura
Se me hizo muy fácil de leer, es una historia sencilla, sin mucho misterio ni drama y con el toque justo de romance... No la clasificaria como un "debes leerlo" pero si tienes el tiempo y la oportunidad, leerlo no estaría mal...

Eso si... ahora quiero ir a ver los tapices al Cluny jajajaja
Katie
I learned some things about art history and the artistic process through reading this book. Since I don't know anything about these subjects and don't find great joy in going to art museums, if you enjoy art you would probably like this book more than I did.
Lene
This is a book that I enjoyed while I read it. Now, three weeks after I finished it, I could not remember what it was called or what it was about without physically going to pick it up and look at it. So, it is easily forgettable, but not a bad book at all.
Amy F
I was really excited about this book. I loved The Lady And The Unicorn by Tracy Chevalier, and loved seeing the tapestries on a trip to Paris. But these characters just fell so flat, I couldn't care about them. Got about a third in and gave up.
Carol
Me gustó mucho la historia y todo el misterio que rodea los tapices del unicornio. Es un buen libro de investigación, suspenso y por supuesto, con una historia romántica de por medio.
Fbeatriz
Acabei-o ontem à noite e já o recomendei a várias pessoas.
Gostei do mundo das artes, da história da tapeçaria, das lutas pelo leilão e claro, do romance entre a Alex e o Jake :)
Samantha Page
Light and fluffy, easy to read. Most interesting to me since I visited the actual tapestries at the Cluny only a few days after reading. Gave depth to my museum visit at least.
Serene
Turned out to be a pretty good book considering I just found it in a pile of other books. About an ancient tapestry bringing two lost loves together again.
Lorna
The start was slow and I put it down. Picked it back up one night when I needed a light read before bed. I skimmed it and read the ending.
Trisha
It was a cute little predictable love story set in Paris. I enjoy books that take me on a mini vacation...that is what this book did for me.
Ani
Rounded up from 3.5 stars.

Read my review at:

Allison (The Allure of Books)
Not my favorite, but I have read it twice...pretty engaging story, with a romance plot going on as well.
Alexis
Liked it - could actually due without the long lost romance - and could not compare to The Lost Painting
  • It's Happy Bunny: Love Bites
  • Flying Blind (Nathan Heller #10)
  • If You Loved Me (Hamilton High, #7)
  • Foal in the Fog (Animal Ark Hauntings #5)
  • A Mystery of Errors (Shakespeare & Smythe, #1)
  • Charming Classics Box Set #1
  • The Self-Portrait: A Cultural History
  • Fire Pony
  • The Sleeping Partner (Sarah Tolerance, #3)
  • Crunch Time (High School Musical: Stories from East High, #4)
  • Kristy and the Missing Child (Baby-Sitters Club Mystery, #4)
  • Since Nobody's Perfect, How Good Is Good Enough?
61959
Kelly Jones grew up in Twin Falls, Idaho. She graduated from Gonzaga University in Spokane, Washington, with a degree in English and an art minor. During her junior year in Italy she developed a love for both travel and art history.
The Woman Who Heard Color (Berkley Books, October, 2011), is a historical novel set in Munich, Berlin, and New York. A story of family loyalty, banned art, and creativ
More about Kelly Jones...
The Woman Who Heard Color The Lost Madonna Lost and Found in Prague Evel Knievel Jumps the Snake River Canyon: And Other Stories Close to Home La donna che ascoltava i colori