Blank-133x176
Freddie Mercury: Aut...

Greg Brooks

Freddie Mercury: Auto Retrato

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  169 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Compilado e organizado por: Greg Brooks e Simon Lupton. Prefácio de Jer Bulsara, mãe de Freddie Mercury
"Freddie Mercury Auto-retrato" leva-nos numa viagem ao fabuloso mundo dos Queen e do seu lendário vocalista. Uma viagem feita na companhia deste último, através da sistemática recolha do muito que sobre si foi revelando em entrevistas (algumas das quais inéditas) e em con...more
Published (first published January 1st 2006)

Marie
Ok, I can't stop crying. I just finished it and turned Queen's music on and stuff.
I've never been inspired by someone like this. I've never loved anyone the way I love Freddie Mercury. Is it even possible to adore the person you've never met and never will? I guess.
So, this book is..I don't know. It has amazing pictures and quotes and I do think it's great. It really is. Everything related to Queen is amazing though.

I didn't find out anything new for me, yet I really enjoyed. 5 stars.
RoseAnn
It took me awhile to adjust to the style of this book. In the beginning, I found it very stilted and disorienting to have quotes about a common topic grouped together with nothing to make them flow together.

I wished there had been more information about Freddie Mercury's life prior to Queen.

I also wished that the quotes had been credited; who they were spoken to and especially when they were said would have helped immensely to put things in perspective.
Daniela
The last two chapters destroyed me.
Aurora
4.5/5 stars
A lovely insight in the life of such a wonderful human being. It shows us Freddie the way he was - creative, hilarious, loving, temperamental, strong minded, posh, sometimes cheeky, irrational and confused by life, a man that truly knew how to enjoy life and love people but had been disappointed and let down too many times. Imperfect and perfect at the same time, wonderfully human, a true inspiration and an unbreakable spirit. We will never knew the true Freddie Mercury. I think somet...more
Dennis
We saw a program on Vibe TV on Queen highlighting Fredie Murcury and I wanted to learn more of his life.
Kim
This book runs on an assumption that you know a lot about Freddie Mercury already. I don't so I did not get as much out of this as I would have liked. I read this before a straight biography that would have given me more insight to who he was and where he came first. This book is all quotes of Mercury, published after his death,but it seems with permission as his mom provides the forward. It is a good book, but unless you area mega fan, you should read a bio first.
Кремена Михайлова
"Що се отнася до любовта, никога не се контролирам и ненавиждам това чувство. Изплакал съм си очите. Външно може и да изглеждам корав, но вътрешно съм мек. Имам твърда мачо черупка, която показвам на сцената, но имам и много по-мека страна, която се топи като масло. Аз съм истински романтик точно като Рудолфо Валентино, макар че някои статии ме представят като студен човек."
Kate
May 17, 2013 Kate rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: поклонникам Queen
Эта книга хороша тем, что ее составлял не кто-то, кто был знаком с Фредди, а, по сути, он сам. Я многое узнала не только о Меркьюри, но и о Queen, о взаимоотношениях между участниками группы. Целая глава была посвящена наилюбимейшей Богемской рапсодии! Также было приятно видеть множество неизвестных (для меня) фотографий.
Фредди здесь такой, какой он есть. Настоящий.
Trish
As much as I would have liked to give the book a higher rating, and I know the authors do have a preamble explaining the context, I would have liked to have had more information on dates and times of the articles attributed to Freddie. In the absence of dates it is rather confusing at times.

Terri-Maree
I enjoyed this book, it was like being in therapy with Freddie and just listening to him. I learnt a lot, but also started to miss his presence. You can see my review in full here.
Donnell
This book is basically a collection of quotes from Freddie Mercury during his life. It's not bad, but probably not interesting for someone who is not a huge fan. Also I am not reading the Spanish Edition. I must have clicked on that icon not realizing it was that edition.
Marianne Søiland
Mhh.. Average at best. Bærer preg av å være sammensatt av en haug intervjuer og uttalelser til media, uten altfor stort fokus på at mye blir repetert flere ganger og teksten blir noe ... kjedelig...
Signe
quite eclectic. but i like that there is a certain chronological order which shows how his outlook on life has changed during his life. very inviting and well put together.
Danny
Не обичам автобиографични книги, но събраните през годините интервюта на Фреди ме накараха да плача и да се смея през цялото време. Благодаря! Книгата е страхотна!
Ira
Incredible, really exciting for those who adore this person, real man, who "did it his way"!
Александр
Неплохая компиляция из множества интервью Фредди. Стоит прочитать.
Valentina
What a reading! It's my favourite book of the genre.
Julie Moyers Adkins
Funny, poignant. Freddi e Mercury is truly missed.
Ken Guest
Absolutely incredible - I wish I had read it sooner.
Denİz Bayazit
Denİz Bayazit marked it as to-read
Jules
Jules marked it as to-read
Charline Cormier
Charline Cormier marked it as to-read
Gualter Ganhão
Gualter Ganhão marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Celeste Green
Celeste Green marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Mirka
Mirka marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Sandy Leffew ferrara
Sandy Leffew ferrara marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
  • Rock Bottom: Dark Moments in Music Babylon
  • Moonage Daydream: The Life & Times of Ziggy Stardust
  • Crazy from the Heat
  • Enter Night: A Biography of Metallica
  • Nerd Girl Rocks Paradise City: A True Story of Faking It in Hair Metal L.A.
  • No Regrets: A Rock'n'Roll Memoir
  • Not Dead and Not for Sale
  • Stairway to Heaven: Led Zeppelin Uncensored
  • Before I Get Old: The Story of the Who
  • Rolling Stone Encyclopedia of Rock & Roll: Rolling Stone Encyclopedia of Rock & Roll
  • White Line Fever: The Autobiography
  • Love, Janis
  • Stevie Ray Vaughan : Caught in the Crossfire:  The Blazing National Bestseller
Queen: Live! Queen: I Want It All!

“If i had to do it all over again? Why not, I would do it a little bit differently.” 40 likes
“Когато имам връзка, винаги участвам в нея с цялото си сърце. Не съм привърженик на половинчатите мерки и на компромисите. Просто не мога да понасям никакви компромиси. Раздавам се целия, защото съм си такъв.

Опитвам се да се сдържам, когато някой ме привлича, но просто не мога да контролирам любовта и тя се развихря. Твърде бързо се включвам и накрая винаги се оказвам наранен. Може би просто привличам неподходящите хора? Целият съм в белези. Но не мога иначе, понеже съм мек по душа.”
4 likes