Start by marking “Freddie Mercury: Auto Retrato” as Want to Read:
Freddie Mercury: Aut...
Greg Brooks

Freddie Mercury: Auto Retrato

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  263 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Compilado e organizado por: Greg Brooks e Simon Lupton. Prefácio de Jer Bulsara, mãe de Freddie Mercury
"Freddie Mercury Auto-retrato" leva-nos numa viagem ao fabuloso mundo dos Queen e do seu lendário vocalista. Uma viagem feita na companhia deste último, através da sistemática recolha do muito que sobre si foi revelando em entrevistas (algumas das quais inéditas) e em con
Published (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Freddie Mercury, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Freddie Mercury

Ok, I can't stop crying. I just finished it and turned Queen's music on and stuff.
I've never been inspired by someone like this. I've never loved anyone the way I love Freddie Mercury. Is it even possible to adore the person you've never met and never will? I guess.
So, this book is..I don't know. It has amazing pictures and quotes and I do think it's great. It really is. Everything related to Queen is amazing though.

I didn't find out anything new for me, yet I really enjoyed. 5 stars.
Gonzalo Oyanedel
Tomadas de varias entrevistas que el cantante realizó durante su carrera, las declaraciones aquí recogidas descartan la anécdota y el dato duro en favor de una aproximación más honesta; a ratos dolorosa y no exenta de las contradicciones que trae la madurez. Comentando su infancia, el trabajoso ascenso musical, lo agridulce del éxito y la progresiva inquietud frente al futuro, Farrokh Bulsara/Freddie Mercury se revela en primera persona y sin concesiones como uno de los grandes solitarios del ro ...more
Sakura Yue Michaelis
Three days ago was the 24th anniversary of Freddie's death. What a talented artist. I loved this biography. It is different from others because there is no "he was born XX date", or "when he was a little boy, this and that happened". No, it is a compendium of interviews Freddie gave throughout his life, all in his own words.

Reading the book is like being in the same room with Freddie, he sitting on a couch, smoking his cigarette (I can't believe he used to smoke, with that voice! but he said he
It took me awhile to adjust to the style of this book. In the beginning, I found it very stilted and disorienting to have quotes about a common topic grouped together with nothing to make them flow together.

I wished there had been more information about Freddie Mercury's life prior to Queen.

I also wished that the quotes had been credited; who they were spoken to and especially when they were said would have helped immensely to put things in perspective.
Courtney Streeter
Prior to starting this book I told myself I would give it an honest star-rating that was not at all influenced by my Freddie Mercury-loving bias. I swear, I did my best. But I loved the book content so much that it really left me with no other choice than to rate it 5 stars...

So, as a self-confessed Queen fanatic, I loved it. The "biography" was very well put together, despite it not actually being Freddie's composition. Thus, the "biography" was more like a series of well-grouped quotes. A lot
What a reading! It's my favourite book of the genre.
The last two chapters destroyed me.
4.5/5 stars
A lovely insight in the life of such a wonderful human being. It shows us Freddie the way he was - creative, hilarious, loving, temperamental, strong minded, posh, sometimes cheeky, irrational and confused by life, a man that truly knew how to enjoy life and love people but had been disappointed and let down too many times. Imperfect and perfect at the same time, wonderfully human, a true inspiration and an unbreakable spirit. We will never knew the true Freddie Mercury. I think somet
Dot Gumbi
I think this is a 5 star book, but I'll admit to being biased.

I've read a few Freddie Mercury books (as part of research for a novel I'm working on about a Freddie Mercury impersonator) but none of them came close to giving me what this book gave me - the words of the man himself.

The book is a patchwork of quotes cribbed from various interviews over Mercury's career - as such there can be a lot of repetition, which might turn off some people, but whilst many books have been written with others s
Amo a freddie, toda una filosofía de vida, ser tu mismo, arriesgarse, cometer errores, innovar y que te valga una mierda la opinión de los demás...
We saw a program on Vibe TV on Queen highlighting Fredie Murcury and I wanted to learn more of his life.
Una biografía que muestra como era Freddie Mercury en el escenario fuera de el, el proceso creativo de Queen y los problemas con los que tuvieron que pasar, con la diferencia de ideas, los egos y los medios británicos que son destructivos.
This book runs on an assumption that you know a lot about Freddie Mercury already. I don't so I did not get as much out of this as I would have liked. I read this before a straight biography that would have given me more insight to who he was and where he came first. This book is all quotes of Mercury, published after his death,but it seems with permission as his mom provides the forward. It is a good book, but unless you area mega fan, you should read a bio first.
Кремена Михайлова
"Що се отнася до любовта, никога не се контролирам и ненавиждам това чувство. Изплакал съм си очите. Външно може и да изглеждам корав, но вътрешно съм мек. Имам твърда мачо черупка, която показвам на сцената, но имам и много по-мека страна, която се топи като масло. Аз съм истински романтик точно като Рудолфо Валентино, макар че някои статии ме представят като студен човек."
May 17, 2013 Kate rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: поклонникам Queen
Эта книга хороша тем, что ее составлял не кто-то, кто был знаком с Фредди, а, по сути, он сам. Я многое узнала не только о Меркьюри, но и о Queen, о взаимоотношениях между участниками группы. Целая глава была посвящена наилюбимейшей Богемской рапсодии! Также было приятно видеть множество неизвестных (для меня) фотографий.
Фредди здесь такой, какой он есть. Настоящий.
As much as I would have liked to give the book a higher rating, and I know the authors do have a preamble explaining the context, I would have liked to have had more information on dates and times of the articles attributed to Freddie. In the absence of dates it is rather confusing at times.

I enjoyed this book, it was like being in therapy with Freddie and just listening to him. I learnt a lot, but also started to miss his presence. You can see my review in full here.
This book is basically a collection of quotes from Freddie Mercury during his life. It's not bad, but probably not interesting for someone who is not a huge fan. Also I am not reading the Spanish Edition. I must have clicked on that icon not realizing it was that edition.
Marianne Søiland
Mhh.. Average at best. Bærer preg av å være sammensatt av en haug intervjuer og uttalelser til media, uten altfor stort fokus på at mye blir repetert flere ganger og teksten blir noe ... kjedelig...
quite eclectic. but i like that there is a certain chronological order which shows how his outlook on life has changed during his life. very inviting and well put together.
Не обичам автобиографични книги, но събраните през годините интервюта на Фреди ме накараха да плача и да се смея през цялото време. Благодаря! Книгата е страхотна!
Se volete leggere la mia recensione, cliccate qui!
Incredible, really exciting for those who adore this person, real man, who "did it his way"!
Неплохая компиляция из множества интервью Фредди. Стоит прочитать.
Julie Moyers Adkins
Funny, poignant. Freddi e Mercury is truly missed.
Ken Guest
Absolutely incredible - I wish I had read it sooner.
Mark Jones
Mark Jones marked it as to-read
Matias Fleker
Matias Fleker marked it as to-read
Amanda Kimball
Amanda Kimball marked it as to-read
  • Freddie Mercury
  • The 27s: The Greatest Myth of Rock & Roll
  • I'm the Man: The Story of That Guy from Anthrax
  • Here We Are Now: The Lasting Impact of Kurt Cobain
  • Stevie Ray Vaughan : Caught in the Crossfire

“If i had to do it all over again? Why not, I would do it a little bit differently.” 43 likes
“Когато имам връзка, винаги участвам в нея с цялото си сърце. Не съм привърженик на половинчатите мерки и на компромисите. Просто не мога да понасям никакви компромиси. Раздавам се целия, защото съм си такъв.

Опитвам се да се сдържам, когато някой ме привлича, но просто не мога да контролирам любовта и тя се развихря. Твърде бързо се включвам и накрая винаги се оказвам наранен. Може би просто привличам неподходящите хора? Целият съм в белези. Но не мога иначе, понеже съм мек по душа.”