Start by marking “War of the Black Curtain (The Jimmy Fincher Saga #4)” as Want to Read:
War of the Black Curtain (The Jimmy Fincher Saga #4)

War of the Black Curtain (The Jimmy Fincher Saga #4)

4.08  ·  Rating Details  ·  429 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
The Black Curtain has ripped open, massive and dark. The Stompers swarm through it, elusive and frightening. The Black Coma consumes the people of the Earth. Shadow Ka rule the lands with a mighty vengeance. Everything has come to a head, and the world is grim. Jimmy Fincher is the only one who can save it. To accomplish the impossible, he must solve the Riddle of the Red ...more
Published April 10th 2012 by Cedar Fort, Inc. (first published August 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about War of the Black Curtain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about War of the Black Curtain

The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsCity of Fallen Angels by Cassandra ClareSilence by Becca FitzpatrickClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareCatching Fire by Suzanne Collins
Things I am going to read soon!
139th out of 141 books — 32 voters
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. RowlingThe Book Thief by Markus ZusakThe Lightning Thief by Rick RiordanThe Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg LarssonTwilight by Stephenie Meyer
Best Books of 2005
390th out of 550 books — 453 voters

More lists with this book...

Kari
Oct 28, 2011 Kari rated it it was ok
Michelle
Jul 14, 2008 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: teen readers fanatics ... like me! :) - MELYNDA!!
Recommended to Michelle by: Kalynneeee
I have read the first 3 of this series so far - and I LOOOOOOOOOVE them. They are right down my ally ... kind of adventure, fantasy, sci-fi all tied into one. I'll somehow be getting my hands on this final book tomorrow. I will not wait.

So - I finished the 4th book ... easily. So DANG good! I seriously loved this series. Very exciting and fun. Couldn't put them down. Now I need a breather book - so my house and kids stay clean during the reading process. haha.
A.J.
Jan 27, 2015 A.J. rated it liked it
This is definitely the best of the Jimmy Fincher books. I've really enjoyed the series, although it did start to feel a little repetitive during the third book. The fourth still follows some of the same pattern ((view spoiler)) but the ending is excellent and, I felt, very satisfying. Once again, it reminded me of discovering authors like Susan Cooper and Madeleine L'Engle when I wa ...more
Mikey Brooks
Mar 19, 2012 Mikey Brooks rated it it was amazing
Dashner is the master of suspense!
Sherry Allred
Jan 16, 2016 Sherry Allred rated it it was amazing
Very satisfying to complete the series, although, somewhat sad to see it end. Very intriguing story in it's fullness. I could see many parallels in the story of life and was touched to see how Jimmy was compared to a great man who walked the earth many years ago and sacrificed his life for all mankind. Hidden messages of hope and inspiration truly lie within this series.
Kim
This was a good ending to the jimmy finches series. This book was full of action and finally all the "wait til later then it will make sense" stuff finally comes out. I liked the twist towards the end about the layers was intriguing but the final end with the self sacrifice was bitter sweet. It was good but a bummer at the same time. Not my favorite happy tied with a bow ending but it was fitting. Definitely a series ill recommend to my kiddos when they are old enough. Thick with the importance ...more
Trina
May 03, 2009 Trina rated it it was amazing
Wow. This series just got better and better as it went along. In this fourth and final (?) installment of the Jimmy Fincher Saga, Jimmy must save earth from the Stompers. The exciting action and endearing characters and relationships continue and the end has a twist I did not expect. I love the allegorical component to this particular book - a savior who willingly sacrifices himself to save the souls of all humanity because he knows he is the only one who can fill that role. I'd love to read mor ...more
April
Jan 28, 2009 April rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s
JC
May 13, 2012 JC rated it liked it
A pretty good ending to a fun series. Fincher races to save the world from the Stompers and the Shadow Ka and picks up his 4th and final gift. The third gift served him well here as well and I thought it was pretty clever how he used it. I was a bit surprised at the ending and it was definitely left open but doubt that it will go anywhere. You never know though...Orson Scott Card took Ender to some pretty crazy places later...Good series that I'd recommend to any fantasy fans.
Shanda
Aug 04, 2008 Shanda rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Readers 4th grade and up
Shelves: books-i-own
The conclusion to the Jimmy Fincher Saga was full of action & suspense, as expected, but there were a few things I didn't expect. I'm still not quite sure how I personally feel about the ending, though it's very well written. I think James Dashner has written an adventure series that will capture the attention of readers in the 4th grade & up, especially the boys, as well as some of their parents.
06danielc
May 29, 2012 06danielc rated it really liked it
I really liked this series. A kid name Jimmy Fincher has to try and save the world with three soon to be four gifts. The book starts as him trying to find the fourth gift. He finds it and it is to control the dream world. A state in which you go through nightmare after nightmare. With his four gifts he has to fight off the stomper and save the symbol for the world to save it. Can he do it?
Frank
Sep 02, 2010 Frank rated it it was amazing
This was a great book and got rid of most of the writing issues I had on the first book of the series. He maintained the high suspense through the entire series. The ending was different than what I would have expected but I have no problem with it. It is very family oriented and full of twists and fantasy all of which I loved. Does he save the world? It is worth the read to find out.
Darlene
Jan 13, 2014 Darlene rated it it was amazing
What a finish! I am happy I kept reading this series. I see many James Dashner in my future
Tim
Jan 12, 2010 Tim rated it it was ok
I found the ending a little disappointing. I won't go into detail, but after I finished reading I had more questions about what Jimmy was facing than I did after the first book. Also, although a group of dragons might be cool, when you can pick from anything at all, why would you pick dragons and not something more guaranteed to work?
Kendra
Dec 04, 2009 Kendra rated it liked it
Well, this series may appeal to the younger readers--ages 10-12--but I have not really liked the author's writing style. Some of his ideas have been interesting, and, although not hard to read, his descriptions are a little lacking in style. Too much base humor also. But I actually was moved at the end of this series!
Emily
Sep 02, 2009 Emily rated it it was ok
This was a cute little series. I did not like the names he came up with for things. It sounded like what my son would have thought of. All in all I think I would recommend reading this series. I think the books go by fast and I did feel drawn into them enough to finsih the series. I think my son will love these books.
Arlene Szalay
Mar 20, 2013 Arlene Szalay rated it it was ok
Shelves: slmta
This book was consistent with the others in the series. I was a little disappointed in the ending because of the allegorical ending. I thought the idea of Jimmy sacrificing himself to save the world was a little forced. I thought that C. S. Lewis did a better job in the Chronicles of Narnia.
Sherri
Aug 14, 2010 Sherri rated it really liked it
I really like this series. I loved all the characters in the Alliance and how much Jimmy matured. I still don't really understand the Yumeka but thats ok. I liked the ending and I thought that the series had a lot of parallels to the gospel.
Jenifer
Feb 19, 2009 Jenifer rated it really liked it
Best one of the series. Great pacing from beginning to end. The series could be intense for younger audiences (8-10). Great story and a great ending. Had me thinking until the end and didn't dissapoint.
Hillary Hernandez
Nov 10, 2013 Hillary Hernandez rated it it was amazing
The first and last books were my favorite!!! This one in particular had lots of action, mystery, and suspense. I really liked the ending. It filled my appetite for adventure.
Kristine
Aug 18, 2008 Kristine rated it really liked it
Good book. I was glad to have read the entire series, as this book definitely does not "stand alone". Lots of allegorical themes wound through the fantasy.
Kevin
Oct 18, 2014 Kevin rated it liked it
A few twists and turns and a decent end to the story. Jimmy has to face off against his nightmares to beat the Stompers.
Ben
Sep 14, 2010 Ben rated it really liked it
Good wrap up to the series. This series has been entertaining, but just a bit too young for me to really lose myself in them.
Marie Barakat
Jun 06, 2016 Marie Barakat rated it really liked it
Great ending!! Made reading the series worthwhile. A realistic happily ever after. Happy, but not completely.
Tiffany Cannon
Apr 05, 2010 Tiffany Cannon rated it really liked it
Great end to the series, with an interesting twist. I really enjoyed the journey with Jimmy Fincher!
Valerie
Jan 10, 2011 Valerie rated it it was amazing
Exciting end to a fun series. I want to know if there will be sequels featuring more of Jimmy? Great read!
david
Sep 28, 2013 david rated it really liked it
An Strong ending to a charming YA series. It moved me. I recommend it to you all.
Rachel
Sep 16, 2009 Rachel rated it it was ok
I was disappointed with this ending. There wasn't really a resolution.
Kennen
Jun 13, 2008 Kennen rated it it was amazing
THE Best Books Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO good i wish there were more of 'em comin'
Connor
Jul 13, 2008 Connor rated it it was amazing
last one in the seiries. kinda confusing...
  • Glade (The Dragons of Wayward Crescent, #3)
  • Shiloh (The Civil War Battle Series, #2)
  • Priestess of the Eggstone
  • Vögelein: Clockwork Faerie (Vögelein, #1)
  • The Town Cats and Other Tales
  • Land Keep (Farworld, #2)
  • Heroes of the Dustbin (Janitors, #5)
  • Blood Tide (Never Land, #3)
  • The Forgotten Locket (Hourglass Door, #3)
  • The Fire Stone (The Reign of the Elements, #1)
  • The Adventures of Hashbrown Winters
  • Passage to Freedom: The Sugihara Story
  • An Angel in Time
  • Secret of the Prince's Tomb (Imagination Station #7)
  • One More River
James is the author of THE MAZE RUNNER trilogy and THE 13TH REALITY series. He also published a series (beginning with A DOOR IN THE WOODS) with a small publisher several years ago. He lives and writes in the Rocky Mountains.
More about James Dashner...

The Jimmy Fincher Saga (4 books)
  • A Door in the Woods (The Jimmy Fincher Saga, #1)
  • A Gift of Ice (The Jimmy Fincher Saga, #2)
  • The Tower of Air (The Jimmy Fincher Saga, #3)