Start by marking “Stargazer (Evernight, #2)” as Want to Read:
Stargazer (Evernight, #2)

Stargazer (Evernight #2)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  40,722 ratings  ·  1,242 reviews
Te vampire in me was closer to the surface . . .

Bianca, born to two vampires, has always been told her destiny is to become one. But she has fallen in love with Lucas, a vampire hunter who infiltrated Evernight Academy, the exclusive vampire boarding school she attends. Bianca will do anything to be with Lucas, even if it means lying to the powerful vampires of Evernight.

H
Published February 9th 2010 by HarperTeen (first published March 24th 2008)

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. RowlingStargirl by Jerry SpinelliEsperanza Rising by Pam Muñoz RyanDefine "Normal" by Julie Anne PetersPage by Tamora Pierce
YA Novels of 2000
29th out of 65 books — 26 voters
Vampire Academy by Richelle MeadTwilight by Stephenie MeyerNew York by Travis LuedkeDark Lover by J.R. WardEvernight by Claudia Gray
Best Vampire Books I Have Read
30th out of 34 books — 11 voters

More lists with this book...

Jessica
I was a little disappointed with the ending, but at the same time I can't wait to see what happens in the next book.

Overall, it was even better than Evernight, and I didn't think that was possible. While there was still the emotional relationship between Bianca and Lucas, we got to see quite a bit more of Balthazar. I found myself wondering where his story was going to next by the end of the book. I can understand the feelings Bianca has for Lucas, but part of me wishes that she would give Balt
Kim
Another one that scores high on my whut-meter. Seriously.

I'm guessing Bianca going on and on about The Kiss by Klimt (which I think is an ugly piece of art, but that's just my opinion) is to show that she's actually Bella Swan sophisticated and deep? Don't get me wrong, I've always loved this for example (it's totally safe guys) and I'm sure there are a lot of people who think that's a piece of crap. But I don't compare everything that happens to it, or think about it at random times. The Kiss i
Karin
Bianca is determined to make it through the year even though without Lucas it is going to be hard. She has made it her mission to find out why Evernight is accepting human students so Lucas can tell his superiors and his mission will be complete. Evernight is completely safe and she wants the Black Cross, a group of vampire hunters, to back off and drop their investigation.

Bianca’s vampire instincts are getting closer to the surface. She needs more and more blood to stay satisfied and her parent
Heather
Stargazer was a major improvement to Evernight, in fact, I almost forgot about the stupid plot twist in Evernight, no easy feat, because it was a big one. I wish there had been more of Lucas, but was glad to read about Balthazar. Bianca grew up a bit in this book; therefore, she redeemed some of her previous ignorance. The author also explored Raquel and Bianca's relationship a bit more for which I was grateful. I was also happy to see that Vic was no longer perceived as unintelligent and was in ...more
In a word: lame.

I've been on a roll with crap YA lately, so feel free to take my gripes with a grain of salt. But guys...THIS BOOK IS LAME. I was (reluctantly) determined to give Stargazer a chance -- not because I was wow'd by Book 1, but there was just enough that piqued my interest in how future books would unfold, despite the massive quantity of dumbness in Bianca & Lucas's story.

That dumbness was not improved.
Rather, the dumbness was planted in a sunny location, watered daily, sprinkle
Heather
Joyzi
Oct 25, 2010 Joyzi rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Peeps who don't mind rip-offs
Recommended to Joyzi by: Youtube
Okay the book is great and sort of addicting and I could not put it down blah blah blah.

But why three stars?

I've given it a not so high rating because the book is not so original and rip-offs of New Moon, Vampire Knight, Harry Potter, House of Night, Vampire Academy, Uglies, City of Bones, Graceling, Hunger Games, and Dear John (why is Dear John here? o_O)

My explanation (sort of):
1. So first off, Bianca and Lucas were sort of apart from the first chapters and then they exchange these letters wh
Carolina Riojas
WHY BIANCA WHYYY??!!!!
I think that this book, the second one, wasn't one of my favorites books of the series i do like but the decisions that Bianca made OUCHHHHH!! Huh-uh.

This book is absolutely not like "Twilight" or another vampire book. Its not that "vampiristic" yeahh... It is about vampires but it has another paranormal stuffs.

In this second book all the dark secrets came to light when i read the true mi hands were like *shaking* and i was like "OMG!! OMG!!! OMG!!! And i star screaming a
Jessica Saylor
REVIEW:
I have to say I didn't really enjoy Evernight when I read it in 2010. The characters were lacking, the story took a strange turn that felt fake and I didn't enjoy the plot until about halfway through the book. I was glad to see that I had none of those problems while reading Stargazer.

Stargazer does a great job helping the reader remember what happened in the first book. I read it two years ago, and I didn't feel like I missed out on anything when picking this book up because the recap w
Marcy Jo
So it seems that 2009 is "The Year of the ARC" around here. Two of the books that I was most eager to have in my grubby little hands (which both are set to release on the same day, March 24th 2009, my husband's birthday) I managed to swing ARCs of in contests held by their authors. Pretty cool, right? I thought so, too. The first book as you know because I haven't shut up about it was CITY OF GLASS by Cassandra Clare.

The second book was STARGAZER by Claudia Gray. I will preface this review by s
J.D. Stroube
I don't think that this book was nearly as good as the first...However, that is mostly due to the fact that I valued the surprises "Evernight" contained...

Having said that...

The first quarter of the book was simply "okay", which is saying a lot. I went into this book expecting to be blown away! However, once I was approximately half way through the book, it began to pick up it's pace. I was appeased once I reached the ending...

I was a bit irritated that Claudia Gray didn't fully delve into the e
Kristi
I really liked Evernight. I mean I really really liked it! Loved it even! And as much as I loved Evernight– Stargazer is even better!

I don’t want to go into the plot too much and really go into what happens because a lot happens! And you’re really going to want to discover it all for yourself!

In my review of Evernight, I mentioned that I would like to learn more about Balthazar, and I was happy to see happen in this novel. The plot becomes even more complicated if you can believe that. Gray thr
Alana Kelly
(´*•.¸ღBexღ¸.•*´)
This is the second book in the Evernight series. There are supposed to be four books in the series. This book was much like the first book for me. If you liked the first book you will like this one. It is beautifully written, the first part is kind of boring and nothing happens, and then the last few chapters are so packed with action it's amazing.

Bianca is returning to school after a grueling summer separated from Lucas. Upon returning to school she finds out that she is being haunted by wrait
Jeninne
Do you know what this book is? It’s a walking, talking advertisement for abstinence. But I think we can all agree that if we had a little brat like Bianca running around, we’d be the first in line to warn potential new parents off the sad, sad consequences that come with parenthood. You know, like ungrateful little wastes of space like Bianca, who are judgmental and oblivious to their own flaws and rude and overall just nasty things to be around. The kinds of kids who don’t appreciate what they ...more
Amelia
I thought Bianca was selfish. Really. Selfish. And infatuated with Lucas. Those are the two main reasons why I didn't find this any more enjoyable to read than 'Evernight'.

Truth be told, I only read this book because I don't like to leave a series hanging; I may as well finish it.

Okay, this is the book in a nutshell: Bianca had secret meetings with Lucas, finds out that her parents are lying to her, freaks out at them, gives them the silent treatment, and then runs away with Lucas.

Me: O_____O

Se
Jessica (Sugar Coated Book Reviews)
Stargazer, you had me in doubt. You had me wondering if I'd ever finish you. You made me dreading having to finish the rest of the series let alone the actual book but, fear no more! For, I indeed have finished you.

Stargazer by Claudia Gray was a lot better than the first book. The book starts out with a new year in Evernight. We go through the same seasons and days like the last book (You know, unlike other books where the whole entire book takes place only in the summer. . . .). It is a well-k
Danny
It's hard for me to give it right amount of starts, I liked it and I badly wanted to know how it goes on. But I was so angry at Bianca all the times that I have to take away one star and give it 3 instead of 4. I really like Balthasar a lot, more than Lucas and this makes me hard to follow what happens in the book. One scene though was amazing!!

What I like is how Claudia Gray mixes in some hot and erotic scenes but still be suitable for Teens, she has a way to get the right amount. Although, su
Kate
Já... ani vlastně nevím, jestli to bylo lepší nebo horší než první díl, ale rozhodně se mi celý příběh moc líbí! naprosto jsem si oblíbila Balthazara, kterému jsem přála aby byl s Biancou, ale Lucas, kterého zrovna v lásce nemám, se musí vždy motat okolo. Chudák Balty nakonec zůstal na ocet. :D
~Tina~
This was so much better then Evernight!

Stargazer continues the story of Bianca who as to find a way to survive at Evernight without Lucas. Though she's apart from him, there love is still very much alive and soon enough she plots ways to be with him again. Bianca isn't that shy, unknowing girl we read in Evernight, she's finally embracing who she is and the friendship between her and fellow Vampire, Balthazar, has made feel less alone.
Eventually the two come together and devise a plan to help e
Pen-rye-n
After reading (& severely disliking) Evernight, I probably wouldn't have bothered to read Stargazer had I not already had it ready to go. While it's still not the best thing I've ever read, it is a hell of a lot better than the first.

In addition to vampires and maybe halfbreed vampires, now we have wraiths running around Evernight Academy. And that is awesome.

Photobucket

I know we're probably not supposed to like the wraiths, but I do. I do so hard. Those things are ruthless and fun, just going around
Yani
Ojo: las estrellas pueden ser engañosas. Al libro anterior le puse también dos, pero esto es un 1.5. Y no lo reduje a 1 porque otra vez sentí que son los personajes secundarios los que llaman la atención y no la historia en sí misma.

Nunca en mi vida tuve la experiencia de toparme con un libro que fuera predecible en su totalidad. Es normal que uno arme hipótesis a partir de una pista que el autor deja en algunas situaciones, pero creo que adivinar el libro entero es una mala señal. Adicción e
Abbie
I did enjoy Stargazer more than Evernight. It had more action, and a couple of twists.

What i liked:

The ghost - The identity of the ghost that Bianca saw alot, really surprised me.
The wraiths - They were really interesting, and the twist about why they were there was really good.
The ending - It ended with a lot of action, and Bianca making a decision that could change everything.

What i didn't like:

The story takes forever to get interesting. In both books, nothing really happened until the hal
Mina
Stargazer, is the second book to Evernight. The book wasn't as good as the first and I think that's because there was less of the Lucas and Bianca parts.

I liked how Claudia Gray got Balthazar and Claudia together. If she decided for them to stay together I don't think I would have minded. I like Balthazar and his personality definitly. He cares and loves Bianca but the sad thing is she will never feel the same way.

One thing I disliked about the book is the ghosts or shall I say 'wraiths' I prefe
Kristy
AHHHH, that ending, seriously?!?!?!? Now I'm going to have to frantically rush out to get the 3rd book.....

This is such a good series for those of you who like the whole vampire thing... It might have a few similarities to Twilight, but all in all this feels like such an original story.
Kristen
Wendy
May 31, 2010 Wendy rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: vampire novel obsessed people
Update #2: so I gave it another shot because I hate quitting.

It was better than I remember, although the author has a really annoying redundancy thing going on.

"I need to drink some blood because I'm a vampire."

"I can't really be honest with Raquel because I'm a vampire."

"I can't lose control around Lucas, because I'm a vampire and he's human."

"did I mention that I'm a vampire, born to two vampires?"

Yeah, like atleast twice per page. Seriously.

UPDATE: I quit. I'm a quitter.

This story is so b
Nan
After reading Evernight last year, I've been impatiently awaiting the arrival of Stargazer. My patience was certainly rewarded.

It's hard to write about this novel in a way that does not spoil the surprises of the first. I won't even try to summarize the plot, because I do really hate spoilers of that magnitude. And those surprises are part of what makes Evernight work so very well.

It's enough, I think, to say that this book complicates the story in several meaningful ways. Bianca has always been
Char
*****SPOILERS*****

Stargazer is the second book in the Evernight series and to be honest it makes a bit more sense than the jumbled garbage that was the first book (they were suddenly vampires half way through the book. That's just pathetically stupid and unplanned in my opinion.)

Bianca's another soppy, lovestruck heroine who has fallen in love with the wrong guy, in this case black cross vampire hunter Lucas Ross, and in this unoriginal plot twist is unable to be with him because she's a half va
Nikki Finn
Druhý díl série Evernight mě ničím nezklamal, ale také ani nepřekvapil. Proto také pouze čtyři hvězdičky. Nicméně, příběh měl spád, jak se říká - "četlo se to samo", ukápla i nějaká ty slzička, a jsem ráda, že autorka neustále dává prostor těm, o kterých to všechno je. Lucas, Balthazar, Bianca, Raquel, Vic (ten nesmí chybět), a samozřejmě účastníci Černého kříže. Závěr byl skvělý a konec byl ponechán opět otevřený, takže jsem teď vážně nahlodaná, jak to bude dál.
Objevují se zde čtenářky, které p
Stargazer theories 5 26 Oct 05, 2013 09:59AM
lucas or blathazar? 113 229 Jun 23, 2013 09:29AM
vampire fans!!: Stargazer 1 1 Aug 07, 2011 05:07PM
  • Stake That (Blood Coven Vampire, #2)
  • Lord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires, #5)
  • The Wedding of Antanasia Jessica Packwood and Lucius Valeriu Vladescu (Jessica, #1.5)
  • Full Moon (Dark Guardian, #2)
  • Royal Blood (Vampire Kisses, #6)
  • Bloodlust & Initiation (Vampire Beach, #1-2)
  • Out for Blood (Drake Chronicles, #3)
  • Immortal: Love Stories with Bite
  • Betrayals (Strange Angels, #2)
  • Eternal (Tantalize, #2)
  • Night Life (Vamps, #2)
1192311
Claudia Gray is not my real name. I didn't choose a pseudonym because my real name is unpleasant (it isn't), because I'd always dreamed of calling myself this (I haven't) or even because I'm hiding from the remnants of that international diamond-smuggling cartel I smashed in 2003 (Interpol has taken care of them). In short, I took a pseudonym for no real reason whatsoever. Sometimes this is actual ...more
More about Claudia Gray...
Evernight (Evernight, #1) Hourglass (Evernight, #3) Afterlife (Evernight, #4) Fateful Balthazar (Evernight, #5)

“How did you learn all this?"
Vic sighed. "See, while you spend all your time making out with Balthazar, and Raquel stays holed up with her art projects, and Ranulf's off studying his Norse myths again, i do something else. Something crazy. Something strange. I call it 'talking to other people.' Through this miraculous process, I am sometimes able to learn facts about two or three other human beings in a single day. Scientists plan to study my method."
~Vic”
125 likes
“ Huging my pillow to my chest, I told myself, At least soon you won't have so much time to miss him. Soon school will start again, and then you'll be busier.
Wait. Am I reduced to HOPING for school to start?
Somehow, I have discovered a whole new level of pathetic.”
110 likes