Start by marking “Stargazer (Evernight, #2)” as Want to Read:
Stargazer (Evernight, #2)

Stargazer (Evernight #2)

3.80  ·  Rating Details  ·  47,228 Ratings  ·  1,316 Reviews
Te vampire in me was closer to the surface . . .

Bianca, born to two vampires, has always been told her destiny is to become one. But she has fallen in love with Lucas, a vampire hunter who infiltrated Evernight Academy, the exclusive vampire boarding school she attends. Bianca will do anything to be with Lucas, even if it means lying to the powerful vampires of Evernight.

H
Published February 9th 2010 by HarperTeen (first published March 24th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Stargazer, please sign up.

Isabella Nothing to do with New Moon, even though I love Meyer's saga for a lot of reasons, they are nothing a like. At least, in my opinion I like the second…moreNothing to do with New Moon, even though I love Meyer's saga for a lot of reasons, they are nothing a like. At least, in my opinion I like the second one more because you can actually be inside the story from start to end, which I don't think it happens in the first one, you actually know what's happening, but still has some mistery. In the first one I think that you really get the story halfway there, and out of nowhere you know what's actually happening. Go for it! It's worth reading.(less)
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. RowlingStargirl by Jerry SpinelliEsperanza Rising by Pam Muñoz RyanThe Austere Academy by Lemony SnicketThe Wide Window by Lemony Snicket
YA Novels of 2000
29th out of 64 books — 29 voters
Twilight by Stephenie MeyerVampire Academy by Richelle MeadBreaking Dawn by Stephenie MeyerNew Moon by Stephenie MeyerThe Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer
Best Vampire Books I Have Read
33rd out of 39 books — 15 voters

More lists with this book...

Kim
Another one that scores high on my whut-meter. Seriously.

I'm guessing Bianca going on and on about The Kiss by Klimt (which I think is an ugly piece of art, but that's just my opinion) is to show that she's actually Bella Swan sophisticated and deep? Don't get me wrong, I've always loved this for example (it's totally safe guys) and I'm sure there are a lot of people who think that's a piece of crap. But I don't compare everything that happens to it, or think about it at random times. The Kiss i
In a word: lame.

I've been on a roll with crap YA lately, so feel free to take my gripes with a grain of salt. But guys...THIS BOOK IS LAME. I was (reluctantly) determined to give Stargazer a chance -- not because I was wow'd by Book 1, but there was just enough that piqued my interest in how future books would unfold, despite the massive quantity of dumbness in Bianca & Lucas's story.

That dumbness was not improved.
Rather, the dumbness was planted in a sunny location, watered daily, sprinkle
Karin
Feb 13, 2009 Karin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bianca is determined to make it through the year even though without Lucas it is going to be hard. She has made it her mission to find out why Evernight is accepting human students so Lucas can tell his superiors and his mission will be complete. Evernight is completely safe and she wants the Black Cross, a group of vampire hunters, to back off and drop their investigation.

Bianca’s vampire instincts are getting closer to the surface. She needs more and more blood to stay satisfied and her parent
Heather
Stargazer was a major improvement to Evernight, in fact, I almost forgot about the stupid plot twist in Evernight, no easy feat, because it was a big one. I wish there had been more of Lucas, but was glad to read about Balthazar. Bianca grew up a bit in this book; therefore, she redeemed some of her previous ignorance. The author also explored Raquel and Bianca's relationship a bit more for which I was grateful. I was also happy to see that Vic was no longer perceived as unintelligent and was in ...more
Heather
Joyzi
Oct 25, 2010 Joyzi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Peeps who don't mind rip-offs
Recommended to Joyzi by: Youtube
Okay the book is great and sort of addicting and I could not put it down blah blah blah.

But why three stars?

I've given it a not so high rating because the book is not so original and rip-offs of New Moon, Vampire Knight, Harry Potter, House of Night, Vampire Academy, Uglies, City of Bones, Graceling, Hunger Games, and Dear John (why is Dear John here? o_O)

My explanation (sort of):
1. So first off, Bianca and Lucas were sort of apart from the first chapters and then they exchange these letters wh
Jessica Saylor
REVIEW:
I have to say I didn't really enjoy Evernight when I read it in 2010. The characters were lacking, the story took a strange turn that felt fake and I didn't enjoy the plot until about halfway through the book. I was glad to see that I had none of those problems while reading Stargazer.

Stargazer does a great job helping the reader remember what happened in the first book. I read it two years ago, and I didn't feel like I missed out on anything when picking this book up because the recap w
Marcy Jo
So it seems that 2009 is "The Year of the ARC" around here. Two of the books that I was most eager to have in my grubby little hands (which both are set to release on the same day, March 24th 2009, my husband's birthday) I managed to swing ARCs of in contests held by their authors. Pretty cool, right? I thought so, too. The first book as you know because I haven't shut up about it was CITY OF GLASS by Cassandra Clare.

The second book was STARGAZER by Claudia Gray. I will preface this review by s
J.D. Stroube
I don't think that this book was nearly as good as the first...However, that is mostly due to the fact that I valued the surprises "Evernight" contained...

Having said that...

The first quarter of the book was simply "okay", which is saying a lot. I went into this book expecting to be blown away! However, once I was approximately half way through the book, it began to pick up it's pace. I was appeased once I reached the ending...

I was a bit irritated that Claudia Gray didn't fully delve into the e
Kristi
I really liked Evernight. I mean I really really liked it! Loved it even! And as much as I loved Evernight– Stargazer is even better!

I don’t want to go into the plot too much and really go into what happens because a lot happens! And you’re really going to want to discover it all for yourself!

In my review of Evernight, I mentioned that I would like to learn more about Balthazar, and I was happy to see happen in this novel. The plot becomes even more complicated if you can believe that. Gray thr
Alana Kelly
Bex
Jun 01, 2010 Bex rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
This is the second book in the Evernight series. There are supposed to be four books in the series. This book was much like the first book for me. If you liked the first book you will like this one. It is beautifully written, the first part is kind of boring and nothing happens, and then the last few chapters are so packed with action it's amazing.

Bianca is returning to school after a grueling summer separated from Lucas. Upon returning to school she finds out that she is being haunted by wrait
Jeninne
Do you know what this book is? It’s a walking, talking advertisement for abstinence. But I think we can all agree that if we had a little brat like Bianca running around, we’d be the first in line to warn potential new parents off the sad, sad consequences that come with parenthood. You know, like ungrateful little wastes of space like Bianca, who are judgmental and oblivious to their own flaws and rude and overall just nasty things to be around. The kinds of kids who don’t appreciate what they ...more
Jessica
Stargazer, you had me in doubt. You had me wondering if I'd ever finish you. You made me dreading having to finish the rest of the series let alone the actual book but, fear no more! For, I indeed have finished you.

Stargazer by Claudia Gray was a lot better than the first book. The book starts out with a new year in Evernight. We go through the same seasons and days like the last book (You know, unlike other books where the whole entire book takes place only in the summer. . . .). It is a well-k
Danny
May 05, 2010 Danny rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's hard for me to give it right amount of starts, I liked it and I badly wanted to know how it goes on. But I was so angry at Bianca all the times that I have to take away one star and give it 3 instead of 4. I really like Balthasar a lot, more than Lucas and this makes me hard to follow what happens in the book. One scene though was amazing!!

What I like is how Claudia Gray mixes in some hot and erotic scenes but still be suitable for Teens, she has a way to get the right amount. Although, su
Kath
Aug 15, 2011 Kath rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Já... ani vlastně nevím, jestli to bylo lepší nebo horší než první díl, ale rozhodně se mi celý příběh moc líbí! naprosto jsem si oblíbila Balthazara, kterému jsem přála aby byl s Biancou, ale Lucas, kterého zrovna v lásce nemám, se musí vždy motat okolo. Chudák Balty nakonec zůstal na ocet. :D
~Tina~
Jan 04, 2010 ~Tina~ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was so much better then Evernight!

Stargazer continues the story of Bianca who as to find a way to survive at Evernight without Lucas. Though she's apart from him, there love is still very much alive and soon enough she plots ways to be with him again. Bianca isn't that shy, unknowing girl we read in Evernight, she's finally embracing who she is and the friendship between her and fellow Vampire, Balthazar, has made feel less alone.
Eventually the two come together and devise a plan to help e
Pen-rye-n
After reading (& severely disliking) Evernight, I probably wouldn't have bothered to read Stargazer had I not already had it ready to go. While it's still not the best thing I've ever read, it is a hell of a lot better than the first.

In addition to vampires and maybe halfbreed vampires, now we have wraiths running around Evernight Academy. And that is awesome.

Photobucket

I know we're probably not supposed to like the wraiths, but I do. I do so hard. Those things are ruthless and fun, just going around
Yani
Dec 15, 2013 Yani rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ojo: las estrellas pueden ser engañosas. Al libro anterior le puse también dos, pero esto es un 1.5. Y no lo reduje a 1 porque otra vez sentí que son los personajes secundarios los que llaman la atención y no la historia en sí misma.

Nunca en mi vida tuve la experiencia de toparme con un libro que fuera predecible en su totalidad. Es normal que uno arme hipótesis a partir de una pista que el autor deja en algunas situaciones, pero creo que adivinar el libro entero es una mala señal. Adicción e
Abbie
Jul 16, 2013 Abbie rated it liked it
I did enjoy Stargazer more than Evernight. It had more action, and a couple of twists.

What i liked:

The ghost - The identity of the ghost that Bianca saw alot, really surprised me.
The wraiths - They were really interesting, and the twist about why they were there was really good.
The ending - It ended with a lot of action, and Bianca making a decision that could change everything.

What i didn't like:

The story takes forever to get interesting. In both books, nothing really happened until the hal
Ceren Ünlü
Feb 07, 2015 Ceren Ünlü rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Çoğu kişi bu seriyi sevmez, kabul. Arkadaşlarımda sevmiyor... Çünkü biraz kasvetli.. okuduğunuz o distopyalar gibi romanlar arasınız biliyorum ama beni bu seriye bağlayan bir şey var. İlk kitabını da bunu da bir gün de okudum bitirdim.. Aklımı dağıtıyor, severek de okuyorum.. .3. yü de merakla bekliyorum
Mina
Nov 07, 2010 Mina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stargazer, is the second book to Evernight. The book wasn't as good as the first and I think that's because there was less of the Lucas and Bianca parts.

I liked how Claudia Gray got Balthazar and Claudia together. If she decided for them to stay together I don't think I would have minded. I like Balthazar and his personality definitly. He cares and loves Bianca but the sad thing is she will never feel the same way.

One thing I disliked about the book is the ghosts or shall I say 'wraiths' I prefe
Sol Belenda
Oct 24, 2015 Sol Belenda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
El nombre del libro da justo con lo que me pasó jajajajj literalmente lo devoré. No podía parar de leerlo.

Bianca y Lucas terminan separados en el libro anterior. En adicción Bianca se acerca mucho más a Balthazar, pasan todo el tiempo juntos. Pero OJO, ella nunca ha dejado de pensar en Lucas.

Bianca siente que Lucas no es el malvado enemigo que todos dicen que es. Ella sabe que Lucas la quiere por quién es y eso la impulsa a encontrar formas de verlo. Además, Lucas por su parte tampoco puede olvi
Kristy
May 03, 2010 Kristy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
AHHHH, that ending, seriously?!?!?!? Now I'm going to have to frantically rush out to get the 3rd book.....

This is such a good series for those of you who like the whole vampire thing... It might have a few similarities to Twilight, but all in all this feels like such an original story.
Catherine Vera
3.5 estrellas

Buena continuación de la saga Medianoche! Pensé que la historia no me podría traer muchas sorpresas nuevas, pero la problemática de esta segunda entrega me gusto muchísimo.

La línea de tiempo continua un par de meses luego de los hechos ocurridos al final de Medianoche, exactamente unos días antes del inicio de un nuevo año de estudios. Las dudas que quedaron inconclusas al final del curso anterior se mantienen y Bianca hará lo imposible para solucionarlas, así como buscar la forma d
Nicole - Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die-
Te vampire in me was closer to the surface . . .

Her deceit leads her to dig deep into the mysteries of the school, and Bianca discovers that even those she trusts the most ha
Ana Palitroche
Bianca y Lucas se reencuentran, pero las cosas no van nada fáciles. Aún existen problemas de aceptación respecto a las creencias y opiniones, pero la llama de la pasión sigue viva y está cada vez más incontrolable. Además, en Medianoche comienzan a darse unos sucesos muy extraños que tienen bastante asustada a la mayoría de la población estudiantil. Cosa que me pareció interesante.

Algo que me ha gustado más, definitivamente, es el hecho de que Balthazar Moore –personaje secundario en Medianoche
Sam
Dec 18, 2015 Sam rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3,5
Kristen
Aug 24, 2009 Kristen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Wendy
May 31, 2010 Wendy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: vampire novel obsessed people
Update #2: so I gave it another shot because I hate quitting.

It was better than I remember, although the author has a really annoying redundancy thing going on.

"I need to drink some blood because I'm a vampire."

"I can't really be honest with Raquel because I'm a vampire."

"I can't lose control around Lucas, because I'm a vampire and he's human."

"did I mention that I'm a vampire, born to two vampires?"

Yeah, like atleast twice per page. Seriously.

UPDATE: I quit. I'm a quitter.

This story is so b
Stargames 1 4 Dec 18, 2015 03:54AM
Stargames Erfahrungen 1 3 Dec 18, 2015 01:45AM
The Nooks of Books: Stargazer 1 1 Jan 28, 2015 02:29AM
Stargazer theories 5 26 Oct 05, 2013 09:59AM
lucas or blathazar? 113 229 Jun 23, 2013 09:29AM
vampire fans!!: Stargazer 1 1 Aug 07, 2011 05:07PM
  • Stake That (Blood Coven Vampire, #2)
  • Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, #4)
  • Bloodlust & Initiation (Vampire Beach, #1-2)
  • Royal Blood (Vampire Kisses, #6)
  • Dark of the Moon (Dark Guardian, #3)
  • Immortal: Love Stories with Bite
  • The Wedding of Antanasia Jessica Packwood and Lucius Valeriu Vladescu (Jessica, #1.5)
  • Blood Feud (Drake Chronicles, #2)
  • Eternal (Tantalize, #2)
  • Betrayals (Strange Angels, #2)
  • Still Sucks to Be Me: More All-True Confessions of Mina Hamilton Smith, Teen Vampire (Sucks to Be Me, #2)
  • Keys to the Repository (Blue Bloods, #4.5)
1192311
Claudia Gray is not my real name. I didn't choose a pseudonym because my real name is unpleasant (it isn't), because I'd always dreamed of calling myself this (I haven't) or even because I'm hiding from the remnants of that international diamond-smuggling cartel I smashed in 2003 (Interpol has taken care of them). In short, I took a pseudonym for no real reason whatsoever. Sometimes this is actual ...more
More about Claudia Gray...

Evernight (5 books)
  • Evernight (Evernight, #1)
  • Hourglass (Evernight, #3)
  • Afterlife (Evernight, #4)
  • Balthazar (Evernight, #5)

“How did you learn all this?"
Vic sighed. "See, while you spend all your time making out with Balthazar, and Raquel stays holed up with her art projects, and Ranulf's off studying his Norse myths again, i do something else. Something crazy. Something strange. I call it 'talking to other people.' Through this miraculous process, I am sometimes able to learn facts about two or three other human beings in a single day. Scientists plan to study my method."
~Vic”
125 likes
“ Huging my pillow to my chest, I told myself, At least soon you won't have so much time to miss him. Soon school will start again, and then you'll be busier.
Wait. Am I reduced to HOPING for school to start?
Somehow, I have discovered a whole new level of pathetic.”
111 likes