Start by marking “Eco-Beautiful: The Ultimate Guide to Natural Beauty and Wellness” as Want to Read:
Eco-Beautiful: The Ultimate Guide to Natural Beauty and Wellness

Eco-Beautiful: The Ultimate Guide to Natural Beauty and Wellness

The eco-friendly and organic segment of the personal care market is the fastest growing in North American cosmetics—increasing by 30 percent every year! For the millions of women who seek a more natural, holistic beauty regimen, as well as those with sensitive or problem skin, this gorgeous, full-color book is an indispensable guide to beauty products that are not only
Published May 12th 2009 by Rodale Books

To ask other readers questions about Eco-Beautiful, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eco-Beautiful

Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
Cute book if you're new to the eco friendly makeup scene, but there's nothing new for those who already know and want to learn something new.
Mar 20, 2015 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone starting natural/eco friendly/cruelty free/vegan makeup.
While I wouldn't call this an "ultimate guide" this is an excellent starter guide to "eco-friendly" beauty 5 years later. I recommending it for it's recipes (straight out of the kitchen most of the time) and easy to understand beginner knowledge/jargon all packed into a tiny book. Sometimes books are for beginners and that is 100% ok people. We all have to start somewhere. My suggestion for those wanting more is to look into the resource guide that is in the back of the book. There are plenty of ...more
Hope
Dec 20, 2009 Hope rated it it was ok
This is basically a 'get this look' kind of make-up how to, focusing on using natural cosmetic brands. It's very vague and generic. Of course there is useful information about chemicals to avoid in cosmetics, and good suggestions for a few popular natural brands (I was really hoping for there to be more variety in this department!). If you haven't read any green-beauty books yet and want to start with something light and easy, this would be an un-daunting place to start.
Ashley
Feb 11, 2011 Ashley rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fic
Anyone with a basic knowledge of eco friendly cosmetics and beauty (aka the proper way to apply make-up) will find this book at best, campy. No new knowledge is offered, and it drones on.

IF you don't know either of these topics well, then this book may be a treasure trove of information. Otherwise, pass it up.
Phyrra
Dec 18, 2010 Phyrra rated it it was ok
This book had some interesting information, however it was also full of misinformation. It talked about the campaign for 'safe' cosmetics, which is merely a scare campaign with no basis in fact. I did like the break downs of suggested colors for people and suggested looks. The nutritional sections were also nice.
Polly
Jan 16, 2011 Polly rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
Oh dear, I wish all these good, ethical people writing 'green' beauty and fashion books would loosen up a little. I'm so on their side, if they could just be a little frivolous, I mean, make-up and fashion are always frivolous, whether eco-friendly or not, I mean, we could all manage in coveralls and clean shiny faces if we had to.
May 20, 2009 Jen rated it it was ok
Underpressure
Underpressure rated it it was ok
Jun 02, 2012
Deanna
Deanna rated it it was ok
Jun 21, 2011
S
S rated it it was ok
Jan 15, 2012
Sophie
Sophie rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2014
Bbvox
Bbvox rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2010
Sarah rated it did not like it
Mar 10, 2015
Abbigail Malmgren
Abbigail Malmgren rated it liked it
Mar 24, 2017
JuliaOrlando
JuliaOrlando rated it really liked it
May 23, 2014
Britta
Britta rated it liked it
Oct 14, 2010
Fasila
Fasila rated it did not like it
Nov 09, 2012
Laura rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2015
Jen rated it it was ok
Aug 06, 2010
Keann Romero
Keann Romero rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2015
Rachna
Rachna rated it liked it
Nov 13, 2014
Devon
Devon rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2013
Elise
Elise marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2009
Kamran
Kamran added it
Sep 21, 2010
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2010
Denika
Denika marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2011
Amy Lam
Amy Lam marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2011
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2012
Gem0914
Gem0914 marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2012
Becky Adelson
Becky Adelson marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2013
Molly
Molly added it
Apr 20, 2013
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2013
Shani
Shani marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2013
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2014
Bibi
Bibi added it
Jul 11, 2014
Rahul
Rahul marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Bonnie DaRienzo
Bonnie DaRienzo marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Jen added it
May 07, 2015
Monica
Monica marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2015
Polina
Polina marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2016
Hannah
Hannah marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2017