Start by marking “Sink Trap (A Georgiana Neverall Mystery #1)” as Want to Read:
Sink Trap (A Georgiana Neverall Mystery #1)

Sink Trap (A Georgiana Neverall Mystery #1)

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  457 ratings  ·  50 reviews

Former corporate drone Georgiana Neverall loves her new occupation as a plumber's apprentice, but is a bit surprised when she finds the favorite brooch of Martha Tepper, the town's former librarian, clogging a sink. Georgiana has a sinking feeling that Martha may have been retired permanently-and suddenly it's up to a plumber's apprentice to flush out a killer.

Published October 6th 2009 by Berkley Prime Crime (first published September 3rd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Sink Trap, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sink Trap

Vickie
I just love finding new to me authors who write a super fun book and this one fit the fun bill perfectly. I was entertained and informed and didn't even mind that I figured out whodunnit towards the middle of the book. Sometimes that bugs the McCrappe out of me, but when the rest of the book is superb, I don't mind.
I really admire Georgiana's intestinal fortitude, coming back home to change her life after her computer security company she started gets taken over by someone she trusted. She coul
Fanficfan44
ink Trap has been on my TBR list for a while and it was actually available from my local library so I picked it up this week.

There is a lot to like in this first of a plumbing themed cozy mystery series. The main character, Georgiana Neverall, her mother, Sandra, her “not my boyfriend”, Wade, and boss, Barry are all good characters. They are interesting and behave as they are drawn. The relationships between them flow naturally in conversation and are believable, (who doesn’t have moments that t
Denise
A great cozy read. Georgiana is back home, leaving a life of high living behind her she is now working to be a Master plumber. As she goes to school and makes a huge change in her life she works under a great boss and a less than thrilled to be working with a woman co-worker. As she takes on her new plumbing skills she deals with her mother always in her face and seemingly never happy with her and to top it off the new job is her mom's building and house, well her mom's and her mom's new man, wh ...more
Sue
Jan 24, 2010 Sue rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: mystery
Good light mystery. Some weakness in the basic premise of a well loved librarian who suddenly, without saying good bye or packing up her heirlooms, supposedly takes off. Georgie, female plumber apprentice, has a tough time making anybody listen that this is out of character for the wealthy, lovable librarian.
Christa
I love books where the main character is a woman, and in her everyday life, finds crimes to solve.
Jess
Great start to a series. Can't wait to keep reading it.
Coley
Cute book - quick read. I'll pick up the sequels.
Jessica
My four-sentence or less take on the plot: After Georgie's high-powered computer security job dissolves, she moves back to her hometown to become a plumber (much to her mother's dismay). When Georgie finds a brooch while unclogging a sink, she becomes worried that the brooch's owner might have been subject to foul play so she (of course) goes investigating the mystery by herself. Between dodging her overbearing mother and trying to learn a new job, Georgie has a full plate.

Rating: 7

What worked:
Min
This is the first book in the Georgiana Neverall cosy series. She's a former corporate type who gave it all and moved back home to her small town in Oregon to become an apprentice plumber, much to the chagrin of her mother, a hard-charging Type A real estate agent.

She's working on a job at the Martha Tepper house when she finds a brooch in the pipes, which ordinarily wouldn't seem odd -- people lose jewellery down their sinks all the time, right? But Martha was literally never seen without this
Hannah
I never thought I'd find a cozy mystery built around the heroine's plumbing job interesting. Imagine my surprise when I read this and liked it! There were some things that worked, and some that didn't, but overall I liked Sink Trap and the main characters, so I'll be picking up the second book.

What really struck me about this mystery was the fact that there was no body for the entirety of the novel. I don't think I've ever read a cozy where there wasn't even a body! The mystery is based around G
Myhotstylist
Let me first say that this is a classic fit for the cozy genre. You have your small town girl, and a missing person. No guts or gore or major crime scene. Although the main character is not a suspect, she has suspisions of who might have anything to gain from the person gone missing. Its a very light hearted mysery that is perfect for anyone who appreciates a cozy mystery that does not have and sex, vilence or curse words in the book.

In a nutshell, I enjoyed this book to an extent. Georgiana see
Ali
Nov 05, 2009 Ali rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: mystery
It's never a good sign when you spend most, really all, of the book hoping the romantic interest is either killed or the killer. That indecisiveness is a reflection of how I feel about Sink Trap, it is an okay book and at times I even liked it, so, is that a two star rating or a three star rating.

The book was quite repetitive, reminding the reader of the lead protagonist's former career, the secrets that led her home, her martial arts expertise and of her candy red 'Vette (I officially hate this
Natalie
This was a very smooth, very quick read. Some of these cozy mysteries can be really slow to pick up, but I was through with 100 pages of Sink Trap before I even realized it! Evans writes well, and doesn't overly stereotype her characters. Georgiana is likable, as is her boss, and even her mother Sandra is tolerable. Sue and Wade get annoying quickly, but thankfully, there really isn't enough of them in the story to hamper the plot too much, as the best friend characters in these themed mysteries ...more
Jody
A light-hearted mystery about a former computer expert living a corporate lifestyle who returned to her small town home to become a plumber's assistant when she found living in the fast lane wasn't as wonderful as she expected it to be.

I loved this book; the characters were well-developed and lovable. I thought I solved the mystery, then I changed my mind; it had enough twists and turns to make it interesting right to the end. I love the personalities of all the characters; they were realistic a
Linda
Not the usual career choice for our mystery solver in this cozy. Georgie headed and lost a software security firm in San Francisco and now she's a plumber's apprentice in Pine Ridge, OR. This initial book doesn't fully explain either circumstance.

She has the requisite pets for a cozy, this time a pair of Airedales. There's the best friend and the boy friend who isn't really a boy friend--a high school ex-boyfriend. He's a little too mild for me, I think she should dump him but we'll see.

Georgi
Mayda
This is the story of Georgiana Neverall who gave up the glamorous and hectic career of corporate CEO for the not so glamorous job of plumber. It was not all voluntary, although she does enjoy being a plumber’s apprentice. Losing her company first was not her idea, but hey, it happens. Now back home, dealing with her disapproving mother and reconnecting with a former boyfriend, life is what it is – and it is mostly good. But the disappearance of a retired librarian and some other strange occurren ...more
Janis
A wonderful cozy mystery! If you've every taken your life in a completely opposite direction than what you were planning - you will love this series! I can so relate to Georgina. Just starting the next one "lead pipe cinch" can't hardly wait!
Nancy
Georgiana Neverall, a former computer security whiz and Cal Tech grad, is home in Oregon after losing her company and is working as a plumber's apprentice, which she loves. She finds the pin of the town librarian, who recently moved in a drain. Knowing the librarian would have never left town without the pin, Georgie and her friends discover the librarian was murdered. Georgie is romantically involved with her former high school sweetheart, Wade, and is the best friend of Sue, who owns a doggy d ...more
Susan
After she's lost her high tech security firm, Georgiana returns to her small Oregon hometown and signs on as a plumber's apprentice. She and her boss find a brooch that the town's retired librarian always wore, abandoned in an old warehouse. And nobody seems to have the librarian's Arizona address. A series of accidents plague the progress of work on the librarian's properties, which Georgie's widowed mother, a realtor, is trying to develop. Georgie's high school boyfriend, now the local account ...more
Wonderbunny
I enjoyed this but I had two sorts of issues with it. The first was I kept wondering what type of dogs Georgiana's were. I either missed it or it was never mentioned and it drove me crazy. I like dogs but I couldn't figure out at all what type they were from the minor descriptions given. I also didn't care for the love interest. He didn't seem very likable and he felt almost too needy towards Georgiana. I don't know if that makes sense but I didn't care for him and I didn't seem her with him eit ...more
Grey853
I liked the main character Georgie who left a computer security job to be a plumber much to her mother's chagrin. I also liked some of the characters. Unfortunately, there just wasn't a lot going on. Chapter after chapter she's suspicious that something might have happened to the town's librarian who is supposed to have moved away. But it's not until the last couple of chapters that there's any real action.

If it picked up the pace and added more action, it would've easily have been a three star.
Melissa
This book was just okay. I like the setting in the Portland area, but it wasn't very fleshed out. I felt the mystery was fairly easy to solve. I had a good guess whodunnit from the beginning and I was correct. On the plus side, there wasn't much detail in the plumbing talk, which would have been a turnout. The author kept hinting about things in the main character's past, but didn't explain them, so I guess we need to read further books in the series to find out.
DeAnna Knippling
I like cozies where I have no idea who did what until the end of the book. Unfortunately, I got this one really early, so it seemed like the red herrings were planned after the fact.

However, aside from the mystery itself - I like the setting, the characters, the writing. It felt like reading the book went by too fast - "No, wait, I'm not ready to be done yet." I will probably read the next one to see if the mystery aspects are sharper.
Sarah Adamson
Quite a fun cozy mystery featuring plumbing. A gentle read.
❂ Jennifer (reviews on BookLikes)
Eh. This one was just 'ok'. It's a first in a series, which are sometimes a bit rough, but I found nothing to like or dislike about any of the characters. I got very little sense of place and worst of all, I figured out 'whodunit' from their first appearance in the book and nothing along the way ever made me wonder if I was right or wrong. Very little mystery to this story.
Margaret
There seemed a bit too much padding, a lot of daily life going on with vague suspicions in the background, before the final last-minute resolution. But I enjoyed the book and would read another by this author.
Diana Cheek
I really enjoyed the character Georgiana and I look forward to reading more.
Lynne
This is a fun little cozy mystery. The main character, Georgie, is a plumber's apprentice. She left a high tech company and moves back home. There is more to her background that I assume will be revealed in later books. They mystery was fun, the characters quirky but loveable. Some red herrings makes it enjoyable.
Bonnijean Marley
I picked up this book at a used book sale for 50 cents. It was worth every penny and more. The good characters were likable and the scenarios believable. The mystery turned out the way I expected, but the writing was entertaining. Now I'm going to be on the look out for other books in this series.
  • Delicious and Suspicious (A Memphis BBQ Mystery #1)
  • The Quick and the Thread (An Embroidery Mystery, #1)
  • Sketch Me If You Can (A Portrait of Crime Mystery, #1)
  • A Tisket, A Tasket, A Fancy Stolen Casket (A Callie Parrish Mystery #1)
  • Dipped, Stripped, and Dead (A Daring Finds Mystery, #1)
  • Deadly Advice (Advice Column Mystery, #1)
  • Die Buying (A Mall Cop Mystery, #1)
  • A Killing in Antiques (Lucy St. Elmo Antiques, #1)
  • Guise & Dolls (Gretchen Birch, #4)
  • Dead Air (A Talk Radio Mystery #1)
  • Buzz Off (Queen Bee, #1)
  • Bundle of Trouble (A Maternal Instincts Mystery, #1)
  • Sew Deadly (A Southern Sewing Circle, #1)
  • Tressed to Kill
  • A Deadly Row (A Mystery By The Numbers, #1)
  • The Square Root of Murder (Sophie Knowles, #1)
  • Stuck on Murder (A Decoupage Mystery, #1)
  • Grace Under Pressure (A Manor House Mystery, #1)
Lead-Pipe Cinch (A Georgiana Neverall Mystery #2) Drip Dead (A Georgiana Neverall Mystery #3)