Start by marking “It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Zombies: A Book of Zombie Christmas Carols” as Want to Read:
It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Zombies: A Book of Zombie Christmas Carols

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Zombies: A Book of Zombie Christmas Carols

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  292 ratings  ·  48 reviews
Fresh brains roasting on an open fire . . .

Outside the temperature's dropping. The snow is falling, blanketing the world in white. Sleigh bells are jingling. Soon it will be that most wondrous time of the year!

That time of flesh-devouring zombie horror!

Yes, Christmas is on its way—and all the little boys and ghouls are dreaming of stockings filled with candied eyes and ble...more
Published October 27th 2009 by William Morrow Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Zombies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Zombies

Becky
Dec 21, 2010 Becky rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: 13 year old boys
This was cute, but, misguided as it may be, I actually expected better. The introduction from Christopher Moore was funny, as usual, and there was a pretty good variety of zombie carols in the book, but it didn't live up to my "OMG! I NEED THIS!" reaction on seeing it. It's a good thing that this is a loaner, because I would have been disappointed to have paid $10 for it. In fact, had I done so, I probably would have (shield your eyes for those with sensitive stomachs) cut out the pictures and u...more
Samantha
So…I like zombies. My family knows this and someone decided to gift me with this little book as a little Christmas fun. It's exactly as stated on the cover, they take well-loved Christmas songs and zombiefy them in ridiculous ways. There are illustrations to cover the gist of the song and there's an introduction by Christopher Moore (although I couldn't figure out why, really). It's just another way to spend money, because even though it was supposed to be comical it was too corny and unimaginat...more
Sara
Dumb, dumb, DUMB.
The line lengths and rhymes were totally off, there way more pointless gore than fun, and why in the hell do the ZOMBIES have the fire axes and shotguns???
Not worth the time to check it out from the library.
Serena
The holidays are a time for merriment and getting together with family and friends to celebrate and share. Part of the holidays has always included caroling, at least for some people. My husband and I love to sing, though we don't sing well, but we like to make up lyrics from time to time. It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Zombies! by Michael P. Spradlin and illustrated by Jeff Weigel is the perfect collection of remastered Christmas Carols to liven up the holidays. There's even an introduction...more
Brian Sammons
Author Michael P. Spradlin has taken thirty of the most beloved carols and popular Christmas related tunes and has changed the words to reflect the ever growing Undead American point of view. Luckily zombies are atheists (who knew?) and decided to skip the traditional, Christian Christmas songs like “Silent Night”, “O Come All Ye Faithful” and the like. A wise choice as no one needs the image of baby zombie Jesus eating brains in the manger. Oh wait, forget I said that.

To add to the overall feel...more
Michele Lee
* Reviewed for MonsterLibrarian.com

The book's premise is simple, Christmas carols rewritten as zombie Christmas carols. The book includes such favorites as “Zombie the Snowman”, “I Saw Mommy Chewing Santa Claus”, “We Three Spleens” and “Good King Wenceslas Tastes Great”. There's familiar songs that kids will find hilarious, and more obscure ones that adults will love as well. This is an excellent gift book, and could be fun for sing-alongs at library holiday parties for kids or adults as well....more
Anna
Dec 08, 2011 Anna rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: humour
Load your shotgun and say your prayers,
’Cause Zombie Claus comes tonight.
____

Outside the bodies are falling
And Zombies are calling “woo-hoo.”
Come on, it’s lovely weather
To go flesh-eating together with you.
____

Zombie the Snowman knew the brains were fresh that day,
So he said, “Please run, because it’s lots more fun when I eat your
brain that way.”
_____

Oh the virus outside is spreadin’,
And there’s more and more undeadin’,
But when fresh brains are running low,
Eat a toe! Eat a toe! Eat a toe!
_____

I...more
*Queen Diva*
This book is hilarious! But what made it even more enjoyable is that I actually found karaoke versions of the song and sang the zombie versions of them as I read the book. OMG I laughed so hard while singing "The Zombie Christmas Song" to "Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire".......with a start like:

Fresh brains roasting on an open fire
Zombies chewing off your nose

LOL!

But some of the titles were amazing: "We Three Spleens", "Have Yourself a Medulla Oblongata","Deck the Halls with Parts of Wally",...more
Kelly Maybedog
If you really like zombies, you'll love this book. Otherwise, it's just kind of fun. It's kind of a one-joke thing, the lyrics are all about zombies eating humans. There's some talk of being chased by zombies, a virus causing zombies, and even wanting to be a zombie. They're all put to the tunes of popular Christmas songs including both classics and modern favorites like Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer. Some have holiday themes, many don't. My biggest problem with the book is that many of the...more
Carrie
Zombie Christmas Carols, like "Good King Wenceslas Tastes Great" and "Deck the Halls with Parts of Wally." The lyrics are either funny or so-bad-they-become-funny. There's black and white illustrations of zombies doing festive holiday things, like waiting (with knife and fork) for Santa to come down the chimney, or decorating the tree with entrails from their own gut.

There's an introduction from Christopher Moore, which should tell you all you need to know about whether or not you will think th...more
Michelle
Good thing I borrowed this ebook from the library. It was very short, but cute! Got a few great laughs out it. Had to play some x-mas music to remember some of the tunes. Some I didn't even know, but Youtube came in handy for that. Loved "I saw Mommy chewing Santa Claus". Like the song so this was just great. I'm a huge zombie fan so its nice to read something fun and cute from this genre.
Linda
Strictly for those who love horror. The carols are quirky, although the illustrations may be the best thing about this book. My only gripe is that the piggyback songs (new words to familiar tunes - or, in this case, to holiday tunes) don't always match the rhythm of the words to the music. Otherwise, this little volume will stay on my self until the season rolls around again.
jill
Ha, again, zombies aren't really my thing, but my brother was SO PROUD of this present on Christmas morning, and my sister finds me softly singing zombie carols at her really annoying, so an excellent Christmas book. Also, the introduction by Christopher Moore is great. I'm totally referring to things as "the cheesy goldfish cracker of whatever from here on out.
Marguarite Markley
I wish I would have known this existed when I wrote my own zombie parodies to Christmas songs, for a library program. Mr. Spradlin, if you ever choose to write a sequel, get in touch with me, I have a few good zombie songs I'd be happy to share! ;)
Netanella
Lots of chuckles with my 7-year-old with this one. We had to warm up with the original versions of the Christmas carols first so we could catch the tune for the zombified versions. Good fun if you like zombies and giggles.
Elise
Nov 20, 2009 Elise rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Those with a dark sense of humor
Very clever and funny, with great illustrations too. My favorite zombie-fied Christmas carols would have to be Zombie, The Snowman, Grandma Got Turned Into A Zombie, and Rudolph, The Zombie Reindeer.
Jay
Besides the introduction and the foreword, this book is best read in little snippets. The idea, though, is hilarious to me and I can't wait until the next time I go Christmas caroling.
frogfairie
With my love of books, zombies, & Christmas I of course had to check out this book. It was simple fun worth a few good chuckles and had artwork scattered thoughout.
Dana Wright
I love this book. The second I picked it up and started reading, I knew it was worthy of my coffee money. Deck the Halls with Parts of Wally. That just says it all.
Drucilla
Jan 25, 2012 Drucilla rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: s
A great Christmas gift for any zombie lover. The illustrations really make it stand out.

(from all the other zombie Christmas carol novels, apparently) ^o^
Ape
Hmmm... it's amusing enough, in a gory-zombie kind of way, but it's not the kind of thing you sit down and read cover to cover and it's nothing amazing.
Kirsten
I LOVE THIS BOOK. If anyone in the area who is as deranged as me wants to go a'caroling this Christmas with this book, I'm game!
Lauren
Clever and funny, my 16-year-old will love it for Christmas. Nice article by the author / book rep in Library Journal too.
Cindy
Cute and funny zombie related Christmas themed carols. Must have a nice sense of humor or a love of zombies to get this book.
H. Anne Stoj
So many thanks to Shea for this. It's just a riot. Perhaps the family will sing these instead of the traditional ones.
Lais T
The illustrations are great and I had some laughs. Extra star awarded for Rudolph, the Zombie Reindeer.
Bunny
The two stars are for the illustrations, which are great. The lyrics are terribly disappointing.
Jodie
I am a sucker for zombies in any form, turn them into Christmas Carol Lyrics - result brilliant!
Sonja Bakker
This book was just plain fun, and has given me a few alternative songs to sing at Christmas ;-p.
Henrik Rostoft
Funny, but I overdosed on it. I think in small doses up til xmas it would be ok.
  • Zombies for Zombies: Advice and Etiquette for the Living Dead
  • I Am Scrooge: A Zombie Story for Christmas
  • The Zen of Zombie: Better Living Through the Undead
  • Robin Hood & Friar Tuck: Zombie Killers
  • The Undead World of Oz: L. Frank Baum's The Wonderful Wizard of Oz Complete with Zombies and Monsters
  • Zombies: A Field Guide to the Walking Dead
  • Zombie Haiku: Good Poetry for Your...Brains
  • The Zombie Combat Manual: A Guide to Fighting the Living Dead
  • The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and the Undead
  • Zombie Movies: The Ultimate Guide
  • History is Dead: A Zombie Anthology
  • Titanic with ZOMBIES (The Zombie Apocalypse at Sea)
  • Zombies: A Record of the Year of Infection: Field Notes by Dr. Robert Twombly
  • Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Zombies
  • So Now You're a Zombie: A Handbook for the Newly Undead
  • Zombie CSU
  • Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and Zombie Jim
  • Pat the Zombie: A Cruel (Adult) Spoof
Michael P. Spradlin is the author of more than a dozen books for children.
More about Michael P. Spradlin...
Keeper of the Grail (The Youngest Templar, #1) Live and Let Shop (Spy Goddess, #1) Trail of Fate (The Youngest Templar, #2) Orphan of Destiny (The Youngest Templar, #3) To Hawaii, with Love (Spy Goddess, #2)