Start by marking “Jacob's Way” as Want to Read:
Jacob's Way

Jacob's Way

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  92 ratings  ·  13 reviews
'The army makes a man hard sometimes. I remember a young girl no more than ten who gave me a glass of buttermilk just outside of Chancellorsville. I still remember that. I guess that's all my life is. Some pictures fading out behind me, and there's not much before me.' Reisa listened as he spoke. She knew that he was a man who longed for goodness, and longed for friends, a...more
Published May 11th 2008 by Zondervan Publishing Company (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Jacob's Way, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jacob's Way

Deb
Started out interesting, a story of Jews forced to leave Russia. When it turned into lots of bible verses and being born again, I read more of the back cover: "Best-known Christian novelist, specializing in historical fiction." That's fine, but it's as though the author had a goal and didn't know how to work his messages in smoothly. Warm characters, with predictable story outcome.
Anne
While this is not the typical fast action type book that is often popular, nor is it the passionate love story type, I found this to be an intriguing book and could not put it down. The story is not fast paced, but I found myself more and more interested in the developing lives of the main characters and their supporting cast. It felt very true to life and Gilbert Morris did a good job of opening up to his readers what it would be like to be the characters; how they felt, what they thought, the...more
Mary
You might read the prologue and wonder if the book centers around animals and birds, but I assure you, it is not. A tale of a granddaughter and her Jewish Grandfather who barely escape from "Cossacks"...she whispered hoarsely, "It's a pogrom!"

Their journey across the ocean, sick and scared, takes them to a new country where they learn many new things and meet all kind of people, mostly gracious. But they never expected to change in the ways they do...but it is for the best.

Gilbert Morris is a wo...more
Kerry Quinlisk
Didn't finish it.
Leslie
This book was a slow starter; but about half way through it started to get interesting to me. Even though Dov and Hilda were minor characters; I thought they fit each other perfectly. This book had me thinking about the characters days after I finished the book. I liked how Jacob and Sam would disect the Old Testament and show how prophesy came true in the New Testament. I also found interesting how they compared the Hebrew version to the English version.
Jennifer McGee
This ended up being a very charming novel. Time and setting wise I am familiar with this period, but never from this perspective, from this ethnicity's point of view. And oh how I love to learn from a new view point! To walk through something you may never experience in your own lifetime, it is such a gift.
Patti Victorson
I loved the friendships, the life struggles, the love stories, the spiritual journey of the characters. Some of the theology of people being resurrected after death wasn't quite right......but all in all it was had to put this book down until I finished it.
Melissa
There was more feelings-based romance than I expected in this (points off from me), but it had some interesting things about Jews and the Bible.
Patricia
Simply written and predictable. Interesting story of Russian Jews who are introduced to the Gospel.
Sylvanna
This book is one of my cherished friends , I would recommend it to anyone
Rebecca Rash
A little slow, but a sweet novel.
Lmstclair3
A wonderful book, compelling story!
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Marissa
Marissa marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Jean
Jean marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
The Honorable Imposter: 1620 (The House of Winslow) Sword of Truth The Indentured Heart: 1740 (The House of Winslow) The Captive Bride (The House of Winslow, #2) The Gentle Rebel: 1775 (The House of Winslow)