Start by marking “Tsuini Kekkonhen” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Tsuini Kekkonhen

Sophie Kinsella

Tsuini Kekkonhen (Shopaholic #3)

3.77  ·  Rating Details ·  92,817 Ratings  ·  2,274 Reviews
There's never been a better excuse to buy a new dress...or two.

Shopaholic Ties the Knot

The irresistible heroine of Confessions of a Shopaholic and Shopaholic Takes Manhattan is back!--in a hilarious tale of mothers and daughters, mothers and sons, and one blushing bride who just can't say no to saying “I do.”

Life has been good for Becky Bloomwood: She's become the best pe
530 pages
Published 2005 by Birejjibukkusu (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Tsuini Kekkonhen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tsuini Kekkonhen

Zoë
Jan 29, 2015 Zoë rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Sophie Kinsella's writing style so much! Her books are like candy and I can't get enough! I love how Rebecca isn't a totally likable character; she has her flaws but she always learns from her mistakes in the end and becomes stronger. I was obsessed with the first half of the book as I'm totally invested in Luke and Becky's relationship, but the wedding drama kind of dragged on a bit too long for me. Still really liked this book, though, and I will be reading the fourth very soon!
Rena
Dec 05, 2007 Rena rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I love Kinsella's books, and I loove Becky, but this one was my least favorite. The way she had to drag on the wedding decision totally wore out my patience. What sucked was that THAT was basically the main part of the story. At some point, I was so irritated at her that I wasn't really concentrating on what I was reading because I wanted to hurry up and get to the conclusion. And it's too silly how Luke was so unaware of the chaotic wedding planning, don't you think? Almost pretentious. I mean, ...more
Vicki
Feb 08, 2015 Vicki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, humor
This third book in the series was just as funny and in some ways more hilarious than the first book. This book has Becky and Luke moving forward in their relationship. The problems begin when Becky can't say no, to totally different plans for the same event.

The cast of characters is fun and full bodied. They have their own personalities which fill this book with a lot of conflict and humor.

Well written and fun, I was glad I read this book.
Michelegg
Well, I'm definitely glad Becky is off on her round the world honeymoon. I was so stressed by the time this book was over, I thought it would never end! Not as funny as the first two, there was just too much tension. I can't say I enjoyed this one a whole lot.
Shannon (Giraffe Days)
Dec 12, 2008 Shannon (Giraffe Days) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, 2010
I'm continuously surprised at how much I enjoy these books. For one, they're chick-lit, which I don't read much of and generally find insipid and insulting. They're about a woman who is obsessed with shopping, something we really don't have in common. Whenever she buys something (which is often, and usually something she really doesn't need), I cringe. Her debts make me anxious. Her silly lies and cover-ups give me acid burn. The situations she gets herself into, the many times she lets people s ...more
Ann
Oct 02, 2007 Ann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
One of the best chick-lit series I've read! Becky Bloomwood is a delight and adorable! She has her issues, of course, but somehow you can't help loving her! Part of what makes these books so funny and cute is the ability Becky has to justify every purchase she makes. And her shopaholic problems aside, she's a sweet, kind and big-hearted person.

My sister and I were actually able to go to an author talk with Sophie Kinsella, and she's just as adorable as Becky!

So far there are 5 books in the seri
Daphne Hartman
Aug 11, 2016 Daphne Hartman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Weer een leuk verhaal over Becky en Luke. Hoewel ik het midden wat langdradig vond, zit het verhaal wel leuk in elkaar. Grappig hoe alles uiteindelijk toch op z'n pootjes terecht komt.

En wat ben ik benieuwd naar deel 4; in dit deel wordt onthuld waar deel 4 over gaat en dit heeft mij erg nieuwsgierig gemaakt!
Ashley (mac&chip)
I really wanted to like this book - I was planning my own wedding at the time and thought this would be an easy, relatable read - nope. This book was by far my least favorite in the series. I thought Becky came off too strong and annoying in the Manhattan book, but apparently she had a lot more "character" in her.

In this book, Becky and Luke are planning their wedding. Becky accepts Luke's icy mother's offer to throw them a top-notch New York wedding and has all the glitz and glamour Becky dream
Megs ♥
Oct 13, 2011 Megs ♥ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books, z2013-reads

These books are seriously addicting. I know the main complaint people have about these books is how annoying Bex can be, but I don't mind her. She has her moments where I would like to smack some sense into her, but overall I like her funny, awkward moments.

Bex is basically running around like a chicken with her head cut off throughout this whole book. She has promised both her mother and her mother-in-law that they could plan her wedding, and nobody knows...Not even Luke. Also, both weddings a
Kathryn
I've decided that, since I'm pretty preoccupied with wedding stuff as it is, what could be more fun that going through the adventure with an old friend? Hence, some of my joys and stresses will be meshed with Becky's--and I'm grateful for the companionship! :-)
Attack Salmon
My least favourable Shopoholic book so far.

Becky is stuck having 2 weddings and she have to decide which one she want the most and still manage to make everyone happy.

It is an ok read but the story wasn't as funny as the previous ones and throughout the whole book Becky just keep avoiding confrontation and whining. Very little plot material for this one.

I still can't get the chemistry between Luke and Brandon. They are vastly different. Yeah u can say opposite attract but I still can't see how
Noella
Oct 10, 2015 Noella rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Becky Bloomwood is about to get married! Only there is one BIG dilemma. Where is she going to have her wedding? In her hometown Oxshott with family and friends, planned by her loving mother or in Manhattan at the extravagant Plaza Hotel organised by Luke's mother Elinor?

Becky's indecisiveness and lies return in this installment of the Shopaholic series. I was quite frustrated by her actions throughout the book as she ran away from her problems and escaped by lying. I didn't grow to hat
Aleida Oskam
Sep 15, 2013 Aleida Oskam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Het heeft weer even geduurd voor ik dit boek uit had maar het was weer een ouderwets goede. Weer heerlijk gelachen om de onhandigheid van Becky en de situaties waar ze zich in werkt. Nu even een pauze in de shopaholic serie tijdens de resterende tijd van m'n vakantie en daarna weer vrolijk verder! Het blijft een leuke serie om te lezen.
Steffi
Jan 03, 2014 Steffi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rebecca Bloomwood is probably the only character I forgive being an absolute pain in the ...
She makes me furious and eye-rolling, I want to shout at her and still I find myself enjoying the books.

I loved all the wedding talk. Must the Disney princess inside me still waiting for her big day.
Leah
Aug 18, 2009 Leah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Becky Bloomwood's life has been running fairly smoothly recently, she is a personal shopper at Barney's, she and boyfriend Luke are living together and they've even opened a joint bank account. At best friend Suze's wedding Luke proposes and suddenly Becky's life has been flung upside down. Her mum wants her to get married in Oxshott whereas Luke's mother Elinor wants her to get married in New York - at the Plaza no less! As both women begin to plan their respective weddings Becky knows that eve ...more
Erin
May 14, 2009 Erin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
I'm not a big chick lit fan, but find Sophie Kinsella's work to be a real guilty pleasure-- slight but fun. However, Shopaholic Ties the Knot is definitely not her best.

In the other Shopaholic books, protagonist Becky Bloomwood, is ditzy and self-indulgent, but basically a fun and sweet girl that you can sort of identify with. In this book, that mostly goes out the window. Here, Becky gets engaged and is torn between having the simple English wedding her mother is planning and the big society w
Love Fool
Feb 26, 2014 Love Fool rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Life has been good for Becky Bloomwood: She’s become the best personal shopper at Barneys, she and her successful entrepreneurial boyfriend, Luke, are living happily in Manhattan’s West Village, and her new next-door neighbor is a fashion designer! But with her best friend, Suze, engaged, how can Becky fail to notice that her own ring finger is bare? Not that she’s been thinking of marriage (or diamonds) or anything . . . Then Luke proposes!

Ugh, why can't Becky and I be friends in real life? An
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
Becky is getting married and ready to get settled! But where? While she’s enjoying life as a Personal Shopper at Barney’s, which I swear is every shopaholic’s dream, her family from England wanted her to stay in the countryside with her husband. But she couldn’t stay away from the glitz and glamour of Manhattan, could she? If you’re Becky Bloomwood, you would be at your wits end, and might just end up in a mental.

While I enjoyed the first two books in the series, this one kinda made me back off
Nusrat
May 24, 2016 Nusrat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished-series, 2016
Becky seems less lying in this book. she is just not telling full truth. umm...that's fun. gosh! I am so in love with this series.
Fred
Jul 11, 2012 Fred rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had been reading a lot of heavy, emotional books lately, so I was in dire need of something simple and funny. This book was strongly recommended to me by a friend because I asked for a light book.

I had never read any of the shopaholic books but I was curious so I decided to give it a shot. I have to admit, I was a bit apprehensive because it is a Chick-Lit. However, since the Shopaholic books are so popular, I decided give it a shot with an open mind.

When I first started the book, I was please
Brittany
I forgot to even mark this as read. I read it a few days ago, not anything that had an impact on me, just something fun.

Something about reading about weddings is just fun. People are happy. Although this one was much more stressful that it needed to be. Becky knows there is a problem and thinks if she ignores them the'll just go away. She was pretty frustrating in this book. (view spoiler)
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥
At A Glance

Genre:
Chick Lit
Love Triangle/Insta Love?: nope.
Cliff Hanger: nope.

Ending: 8

Total: 9

In Dept

Best Part:
More focused on other issues other than her spending.
Worst Part: N/A
Thoughts Had: Baby Erinie!!!; How is she gonna get out of this?!?; Oh i see what you did there!!

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:
Recommending: yes!

Short Review: This was by far my favorite
Brittany
I had to really think about whether I wanted to give this one a try. I read the first book in the series about six years ago and, more than anything, it stressed me out! But I decided to give this one a try and it actually wasn't nearly as stressful as its predecessor. Becky has a big heart and bad decision making skills. In this book, Becky's live-in boyfriend Luke proposes. The trouble comes when Becky's mother begins planning a wedding in her hometown in England, then Luke's mother swiftly b ...more
Christina
I think this is my favourite of the series so far. Still not that impressed with these books but it's a light easy read and sometimes you need that to escape the daily rutines.
Becky and Luke are still living in Manhattan and after Luke proposes (a very romantic way to propose, btw), Becky starts planning her wedding. And as always, being incapable of saying no - she ends up with two weddings, one back home in England and one in Manhattan. Two different dreams that she is unable to choose from. I
Aneesha
Jan 13, 2017 Aneesha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: drama, books-i-own
Bree T
Aug 10, 2010 Bree T rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone looking for a fun read with lots of laughs
Shelves: library-reads
Yesterday, although clear and sunny, came with a chilly biting August wind that the south-eastern part of Australia is known for. I have in my new house, a designated ‘reading room’ which is a little family room off the kitchen/dining room that has big windows. It has no TV access point so we put our second couch in there, along the windows and I made it my quiet room. The sun pours in there in the afternoon and it’s perfect for curling up and enjoying a book.

I finished this book in one afternoo
Cara and Ashley
Oh no! Oh no! What happened to Sophie Kinsella when she wrote this book??!!!
Needless to say I wasn’t really pleased with the third novel. The problem book series have, especially when the first two novels were really good, is that the reader is hungry for more good story telling. But unfortunately, with Shopaholic Ties the Knot, it seems like the author has lost her fire….OH NO!!!
Okay, what didn’t I like about it? Well, for starters, the plot seems really ridiculous. Becky Bloomwood’s character
Wolf (Alpha)
Feb 22, 2017 Wolf (Alpha) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am happy that Tarquin and Suzy are getting married. I like how Luke asked Becky to marry him. I am very glad that they are getting married. I like that Becky is trying to figure out how to please her mom and Elinor both. I don't like the lies she is using though. I like how Becky worked out the wedding so that she could wear two dresses and so that Elinor wouldn't be mad at her. I like that Luke was happy with the plans.
rebellyell666
Mar 02, 2011 rebellyell666 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Inhalt:

Becky Bloomwood wird heiraten! Wären da nur nicht die Mütter der Vermählten, die jeweils gänzlich andere Vorstellungen von einer Hochzeitsfeier haben als die andere. Beckys Mutter möchte es familiär, Lukes dafür umso presseträchtiger gestalten. Und schon sitzt Becky mittendrin.

Schreib-/Erzählstil:

Kinsellas witzige Pointen und kleine Wahrheiten über das eigentliche Glück zweier Menschen rücken mal wieder die Charaktere ins richtige Licht. Ich musste wieder mehrmals über Beckys Erfindungsre
Daphne
I don't know how Sophie Kinsella does it, but she takes the exact same plot as the other two Shopaholic books, and makes it even better. I've read 5 books by Sophie Kinsella, and they've all been essentially the same. They all had:

-A silly but lovable main (female) character
-A hot love interest who is more professional, but loves the MC's quirks
-A large cast of supporting characters
-Silly and unbelievable situations

Even though all of her books follow the same formula, I can't help but love them.
The Challenge Fac...: Elishia &Jennifer C. - Shopaholic Ties the Knot 1 17 Jan 25, 2014 06:22AM
Madison Mega-Mara...: Shopaholic Ties the Knot 1 3 Apr 14, 2013 06:30AM
  • Queen of Babble in the Big City (Queen of Babble, #2)
  • I Heart Vegas (I Heart, #4)
  • When in Rome...
  • The Gatecrasher
  • Pink Slip
  • Here Comes the Bride
  • Being Committed
  • Society Girls
  • Head Over Heels
  • Diary of a Mad Mom-to-Be
  • The Little Lady Agency and the Prince (The Little Lady Agency, #3)
  • For Better, for Worse
  • Pink Slip Party
  • Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason (Bridget Jones, #2)
Madeleine Wickham (born 12 December 1969) is a bestselling British author under her pseudonym, Sophie Kinsella. Educated at New College, Oxford, she worked as a financial journalist before turning to fiction. She is best known for writing a popular series of chick-lit novels. The Shopaholic novels series focuses on the misadventures of Becky Bloomwood, a financial journalist who cannot manage her ...more
More about Sophie Kinsella...

Shopaholic (8 books)
  • Confessions of a Shopaholic (Shopaholic, #1)
  • Shopaholic Takes Manhattan (Shopaholic, #2)
  • Shopaholic and Sister (Shopaholic, #4)
  • Shopaholic & Baby (Shopaholic, #5)
  • Mini Shopaholic (Shopaholic, #6)
  • Shopaholic to the Stars (Shopaholic, #7)
  • Shopaholic to the Rescue (Shopaholic, #8)

“This is what happens. You tell your friends your most personal secrets, and they use them against you.” 127 likes
“Have you ever thought about the grid of Manhattan?'
It's like...a metaphor for life. You think you have the freedom to walk anywhere. But in fact... you are strictly controlled. Up or down. Left or right. Nothing in between. No other options.'
Life should be like an open space...you should be able to walk in whatever direction you choose.”
27 likes