Start by marking “TwiLite : A Parody” as Want to Read:
TwiLite : A Parody

TwiLite : A Parody

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  692 ratings  ·  45 reviews
Love between a teenage girl and a vampire can be a beautiful thing. Then again, it can get a little ugly. Just ask Stella Crow. Stella is a clumsy but otherwise ordinary girl whose life takes a radical turn the moment she meets Edweird. Though perfect on the outside, Edweird Sullen is remarkably unrefined on the inside. He also happens to be a one hundred year old vampire, ...more
Published April 1st 2009 by Virtualbookworm.com Publishing

To ask other readers questions about TwiLite , please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about TwiLite

Carol
I'm a Twilight fan--a big Twilight fan (as of this date, I have read the four books of the series 8 times each)--but found this parody a hilarious read. A lot of laugh-out-loud moments.
Yan
Michelle
If I could only have given it half a star, I would have. Not deserving of a full star in my opinion. In terms of parodies...this one was just stupid and out there. I thought with it being written by a single person, it would have had more continuity to it, but instead it fealt like it was written by several people, possibly having seizures at the time of writing it.

The language in it was inexcussable...especially considering this was a parody of a YA book that starts around the 11-13yr range. Th
Julie
After reading the VERY funny excerpts from this books Twilite-parody.com webpage I decided to buy it. Nearly wet my pants (I know, not very lady-like). I'm a little older than your 'typical' Twilight fan (but still a fan) and am willing and able to laugh at this as well. A lot of fun to read :o)
Helen
Really funny! There are a ton of things that can be parodied in Twilight, and this book hits on a lot of them, and then some. Stella's and Edweird's hike in the woods really sealed the deal for me. Highly recommend.
Alex
For what it was - an entire book parody on Twilight - it was pretty funny. I don't think anyone who didn't actually enjoy Twilight would like this, because a lot of it would go right over your head. This author had obviously read all 4 books, and interjected a lot of small details from those in there.

It got a little tiresome to read, but it did have parts that made me laugh out loud. Mostly, those parts were the ridiculous writing. And the more I have read other books in the last few years, the
Margaret
I have to say that I absolutely cracked up laughing reading this. I read it this morning while running errands with my husband. If you want a light, fun, funny read, read it. Even if you love Twilight, you'll get a kick out of it.
sara frances
this book was really really stupid, but i suppose if you want to parody a book that is already full of stupid, you really have to step it up. aside from the parts that were painfully dumb, it had me LOLing.
Katinka
When I started reading Twilight, I totally loved it. I didn't like the hype so much, especially around the movie. I don't think it was that good. So when a friend of mine said I had to read this parody, I did. Well, sort of. I tried to. I failed. It was terrible. I tried to finish it, but I just couldn't. That means a lot since I've never, ever before quit reading a book while in the middle of it, even the worst books I finished. But not this one. It's just not funny. I would recommend anyone NO ...more
Sheena Nault
This book was so stupid it was funny!! There were a few good puns and it served its purpose, to make fun of Twilight, but was just really dumb.
Rachael
A quick, fun read, that kept me smiling the whole way through. Really enjoyed it.
Mumbojumbo Kumumjo
From the little bits I've read its hilarious
Nicole
Funny book, i had to read it.
Chelsea
On Amazon, I read the sneak preview that was available and was crying from laughing so hard at the end. I'll admit it. I once was a die-hard Twilight fan. I meant to buy this parody, but I kept forgetting.

Finally, two years later, someone remembered that I wanted it and got it for me as a late birthday gift. I was very excited and quickly began to read it. After reading the 'hilarious' first chapter, I was kind of bummed. Hadn't this been so much funnier?

But I kept reading. There was a lot of s
Ms.  Garrett
Hilarious parody of Twilight featuring Stella, Edweird, and the Sullens in Sporks, Washington. I laughed constantly!
Nora Ellen (The Bookery)
As far as parodies go, this one was pretty good! It tells the story of Stella Crow and her moody fantasy lover Edweird Sullen. This all takes place in the town of Sporks, WA where Stella was sent to live with her father when her mother, the "Fattest Woman in the World", is out touring with the circus..

The story covers, and pokes great ridicule, at many of the events that occur in the Twilight book. It's good for a laugh, but not a substantial storyline, as it is simply a condensed version of Twi
Jasleen Matharu
I'm pretty sure a lot of the movie "Vampires Suck" was based on this book. Despite being a huge Twilight Saga fan, I surprisingly found this book hilarious. The reason this was good was because it took the piss out of the aspects of the first movie "Twilight" (which was released in 2008). It exaggerates all the parts of the story that were just ridiculously portrayed on-screen.

I have to admit though, probably only Twilight fans will get some of the jokes.
Jessica B
Dec 17, 2010 Jessica B rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All people who have read Twilight!
Note: This book may not be suitable for young children! (Although it IS funny!!)

OK, LISTEN UP. If you HAVE read Twilight and you,

(a) LOVED IT!!!!
You should read this book. It's a good one to hate.

(b) Liked it OK
You should read this book. You will love the original after you have finished. Trust me.

(c) HATED IT!!!!
READ THIS BOOK!!!! YOUR DREAM BOOK!!!! Seriously, this thing has some MAJOR parody in it! Carpile Sullen, hehe!
Mrs.soule
This is hilarious for the first three chapters - after that it gets old. Still worth a look for both Twilight fans with a sense of humor and Twilight haters.
Camille
I will be honest: I skimmed a lot of this book. I feel like that is acceptable considering it is a spoof and we already know the plot. I also changed my rating like four times. It wasn't amazing and there were times when it would drag but I was reading it for a mindless laugh and I got that. I wouldn't spend money on it but it was funny.
Molly Benage
I swear this was the dumbest parody I have ever read. I had come across this book thinking that it was going to be something funny like the movie, Vampires Suck, but this was beyond terrible. The things in this book were just so outrageous and awful that I didn't even finish it. I couldn't take one more page.
Lisa
I started to read this book 10 days ago--checked it out from my school's library--but then gave up on it, it basically started out funny, but then fell into staight up innapropriate, crude, sexual humor! It even made fun of Jacob!!!! Who they actually called Yakob.

(Stephen Jenner, you suck!)
Victoria
Funny, but poorly written. I wished they spent a little more time and made fun of even more things and people and developed a better story. You had to have read Twilight in order to understand what was going on in this book.
Kristina
This book sucked. The guy does NOT know how to write a parody. Seriously, i think this guy had no editor at all. His idea of making things "funny" is making everyone idiots. blehh to you Mr. Jenner, just BLEH!~
Joëlle
funny and very necessary. and thank god that edweird and stella didn't end up together. edweird is a tool and a gold digger and she's way to good for him anyway. ;)
Michelle
I couldn't get through the first few chapters... although I had a couple chuckles, I guess I just wasn't in the mood.
Jenn
its better reading it with someone, and reading it to them...then it was reading it alone....CHERIE!
This was seriously bad. While I would love to read a good Twilight parody, this was NOT it!
a parody 1 8 Dec 23, 2009 09:34PM
  • Bella Should Have Dumped Edward: Controversial Views on the Twilight Series
  • The Hunger But Mainly Death Games: A Parody
  • The Psychology of Twilight
  • Twilight and History
  • Walt Disney World Trivia Book: Secrets, History & Fun Facts Behind the Magic: Volume 1
  • A Visitor's Guide to Mystic Falls: Your Favorite Authors on The Vampire Diaries
  • A New Dawn: Your Favorite Authors on Stephenie Meyer's Twilight Series
  • Popular Vote
  • Snatched (Bloodwater Mysteries, #1)
  • There's a Dead Person Following My Sister Around
  • I Kissed a Zombie, and I Liked It
  • Bite Me! (Bite Me, #1)
  • Twilight and Philosophy: Vampires, Vegetarians, and the Pursuit of Immortality
  • The Vampire is Just Not That Into You
  • Just Another Day in My Insanely Real Life
Grain from the Granary: Sermons (1882) Realising Benefits From Government Ict Investment: A Fools Errand? The Three Witnesses; Or, Scepticism Met by Fact: In Fresh Evidences of the Truth of Christianity, Addresses to All Earnest Inquirers Transforming Government and Public Services: Realising Benefits Through Project Portfolio Management The Holy Child; A Poem in Four Cantos. Also an Ode to Silence and Other Poems

“But I love YOU, Edweird. Sure, I'll probably hook up with Yakob in Eclipse. After all, you're going to leave me for roughly three hundred pages. But that's neither here nor there. You and I were meant to be together. I mean you, me and sometimes Yakob...and sometimes just Yakob and me, but mostly you and me. That's just the way I always dreamed it should be, you want to marry me. We'll marry."
"Hmmm," said Edweird thoughtfully after a long pause. "You know, I'm actually getting kind of tired of Yakob, if you want to know the truth. I mean, seriously, going steady with the same guy for half a century can make a stale relationship. Maybe it's time we see other people. You really set me straight on this, Stella. I want to thank you for makin me see this whole vampire-werewolf relationship thing more clearly."
Edweird then turned to Yakob, who had remained silent throughout. "It's over between us, toots.”
10 likes
“Hell, if someome wrote a book about you, well, it'd sell a million copies the day it was released. And if someone else was clever enough to write a parody - you know, to privide som comic relief during these extremely difficult economic times - that would probably be an even bigger seller, or at least it shoud be. So, just come clean with me, Ed. Your secret's safe with me, and whoever reads my internet blog. You...are...a...vampire!” 8 likes