Start by marking “Man's Eternal Quest (Collected Talks & Essays 1)” as Want to Read:
Man's Eternal Quest (Collected Talks & Essays 1)

Man's Eternal Quest (Collected Talks & Essays 1)

For all who have ever sought to understand the enigmas of life, for those who have held within their hearts an uncertain hope about the reality of God, and for seekers who have already turned toward the Supreme in their quest, this anthology of talks by the author of Autobiography of a Yogi offers illuminating insights and encouragement. In its pagese, Paramahansa Yoganand ...more
Published September 1st 1982 by Self-Realization Fellowship (first published 1975)

To ask other readers questions about Man's Eternal Quest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Man's Eternal Quest

Donna Quesada
Jun 12, 2011 Donna Quesada rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-5-star-50
This is part of an anthology of collected talks by the beloved Yogi, Paramahansa Yogananda, which includes, The Divine Romance, Man's Eternal Quest and Journey to Self-Realization. They are beyond review. They are what I keep in my own nightstand and what I open during times of trouble. They are what I travel with and what I share with others when authentic spiritual guidance is sought.

These timeless teachings are practical, but wholly genuine. Dear Paramahansa Yogananda is forthright, but lovi
Dylan Grant
Apr 23, 2015 Dylan Grant rated it really liked it
When I read Paramahansa Yogananda's "Autobiography of a Yogi", it changed my life. It is easily at the very top of my top ten favourite books. So I was eager to read something else by this author.

Paramahansa's "Man's Eternal Quest" is the first in three volumes worth of collected talks and lectures delivered by Paramahansa to his students. We are all very fortunate to have these words transcribed!

In Man's Eternal Quest Paramahansa talks about the most profound and important things in life - lif
Edward
Aug 01, 2007 Edward rated it really liked it
Before reading this book, I would read "Autobiography of a Yogi" by Paramahansa Yogananda. It will help you with many of the concepts. In addition to introducing many themes and concepts the autobiography is much easier to read like fiction.

"Man's Eternal Quest" is a collection of essays. Much is repetition however this really functions to stress the importance of certain concepts and ideas.

I have found this book to be more intriguing and informative as well as philosophically constructed. By ph
Harshit
Aug 27, 2016 Harshit rated it it was amazing
This book have a power to change your perception towards science and divine. Yogananda writing in this books comes with thrust that has power to steal your cognisense and soul. He divided his explanation like peeling an onion one layer at a time and trust me your feel higher spec with every layer he uncover, can make your cry too.it tells those things that you have experienced by self since your childhood big never have talked about.

Have a technical and rational science background make me fairl
Barbara Kelly
Jul 05, 2011 Barbara Kelly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I consider this book the "University of Life". I am so happy tohave found such a simple yst profound man...
Edward Baldo
May 15, 2017 Edward Baldo rated it it was amazing
Just Marvellous as all His Books...I have read them all...really.......

Jay Gurus........):D
Arjun Syal
Jan 31, 2017 Arjun Syal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read
Christopher Pufall
May 19, 2015 Christopher Pufall rated it it was amazing
When I've visited the Lake Shrine Temple in Pacific Palisades for a service, retreat, or just to walk the grounds, I've had such immense peace. The same can be said for reading this collection of Yogananda's writings, which provide a wide sampling of gentle yet profound wisdom. I recommend this book as a solid primer to his teachings, and as a manual for finding and walking the noble pathways of life.
Sameera
Jun 01, 2015 Sameera rated it it was amazing
Quite simply, Sri Paramahansa Yogananda speaks about how our quest for everything else but the Divine doesnt quench the thirst we have inside us and how once we have found the Divine, our eternal quest is fulfilled.

I love Guruji's work and words, his mission and I enjoyed reading this book. It took me longer than the typical spiritual books I read because it is intense and requires you not to miss a single word.

I am glad to know Guruji's words, wisdom and vision through this trilogy.
Amit Srivastava
Dec 28, 2015 Amit Srivastava rated it it was amazing
One of the best book I ever read on 'self realization' and 'self actualization'. This book has answer to many spiritual inquiries. Explanation of thought process, the right direction of the eternal quest are the main themes of this collection of essays.
Paramahansa Yogananda ji has explained much of our problems in simplest ways. Highly recommended for those who have a taste for spiritual quest.
Chayan Banerjee
Jul 22, 2013 Chayan Banerjee rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own-it
This collection of essays is one of those books to keep with yourself, when you feel dejected or fed up with life, or makes you angry to God. Yogananda touches many topics in this book, from diet, to habits, to Jesus , to Christianity , to Gita , to Divine Love , and practising religion scientifically.
Sujata Sahni
Education authorities deem it impossible to teach spiritual values in schools. Many college graduates leave with a top heavy book inflated head and are unable to walk straight on the path of life because their legs of will and self-control have been totally paralysed through disuse. The book covers various subjects on being able to achieve a healthy and balanced living.
Vid Jr.
Aug 04, 2013 Vid Jr. rated it it was amazing
This book was given to me years ago and it was the first time I ever heard of Guru Yogananda. I read this book at a difficult time in my life and it helped me change my life. I have since read his other works..
Stephanie
awesome, many valuable lessons...a good book for highlighting things
Felipe
Oct 04, 2009 Felipe rated it it was amazing
Para aqueles que buscam se aprofundar nos ensinamentos de Paramahansa Yogananda e na Kriya Yoga ensinada por ele e a SRF, este é um excelente livro.
Shar Kanan
Sep 30, 2007 Shar Kanan rated it it was amazing
as a devotee since 1984, this is a book i turn to with great frequency -- especially Self Analysis: Key to the Mastery of Life. after twentysomething years, i still need to remind myself...
Asta
Jan 28, 2010 Asta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ah college...
Fay
Aug 01, 2009 Fay is currently reading it
Have read it over and over and I never get enough...... this is the REAL bible.
Vicki
May 26, 2012 Vicki rated it it was amazing
One of the great spiritual geniuses of the twentieth century. Comforting, enlightening, butt-kicking when I need it. Puts things in perspective for me when the way is unclear.
Sharon E.
Feb 18, 2008 Sharon E. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a series of talks and writings--I love it b/c i can just read one at a time. Kind of adds to the Autobiography of a Yogi, which i wished had never ended!!
Adebayo
May 09, 2011 Adebayo rated it really liked it
Very well written and even though I didn't read the autobiography of a Yogi, I found his work insightful.
Vaishali
Apr 11, 2014 Vaishali rated it it was amazing
Shelves: yogis, indian-authors
A wondrous collection of anecdotes and esoteric knowledge that can only be gleaned from The World Beyond.
George
Mar 25, 2009 George rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is incredible, as to be expected from Paramahansa Yogananda.
Kathryn
Jan 07, 2009 Kathryn rated it really liked it
This book has a lot of depth and if you can get through all the painstaking rituals it has a lot to teach. A book that must be read and re-read
Ramesh Jothilingam
Jun 23, 2016 Ramesh Jothilingam rated it it was amazing
mindblowing
Prashant Patil
Mar 16, 2015 Prashant Patil rated it it was amazing
.. . ..Crux of being a Spiritual. . .
Ja Cooper
Ja Cooper rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2014
Indu Mehrotra
Indu Mehrotra rated it liked it
Aug 15, 2015
Heeralal Sahu
Heeralal Sahu rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2008
Ferdinand
Ferdinand rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2017
  • Paths to God: Living the Bhagavad Gita
  • I Am That: Talks with Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
  • Emptiness Dancing
  • Integral Yoga: Teaching and Method of Practice
  • The Sion Revelation: The Truth About the Guardians of Christ's Sacred Bloodline
  • The Eye of Spirit: An Integral Vision for a World Gone Slightly Mad
  • Ramakrishna and His Disciples
  • The Celtic Book of Living and Dying: The Illustrated Guide to Celtic Wisdom
Paramahansa Yogananda (Bengali: পরমহংস যোগাননদ Pôromohôngsho Joganondo, Sanskrit: परमहंस योगानंद Paramahaṃsa Yogānaṃda), born Mukunda Lal Ghosh (Bengali: মুকুনদ লাল ঘোষ Mukundo Lal Ghosh), was an Indian yogi and guru who introduced many westerners to the teachings of meditation and Kriya Yoga through his book, Autobiography of a Yogi . ...more
More about Paramahansa Yogananda...

“The greatest of all enemies of man is himself” 0 likes
“The initiative to undertake your most important duty in life is often buried beneath the accumulated debris of human habits.” 0 likes