Start by marking “To Love a Marine” as Want to Read:
To Love a Marine

To Love a Marine

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  85 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Captain Scott Henry knows that Sgt. Imani Johnson doesn't believe him when he tells her he wants more than just a fling. Imani believes that Scott is just looking for something short-term and doesn't dare get her hopes up that he wants a real relationsip with her. After pushing him away because she thinks she is protecting both her heart and his career, Imani doesn’t think ...more
Published May 2009 by Lulu

To ask other readers questions about To Love a Marine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Love a Marine

Beast by Pepper PaceThe Grunt by Latrivia S. NelsonLove Script by Tiffany AshleyDmitry's Closet by Latrivia S. NelsonHer Russian Billionaire by Theodora Taylor
Best Interracial Reads
246th out of 466 books — 373 voters
Dmitry's Closet by Latrivia S. NelsonLove Script by Tiffany AshleyBlack Butterfly by Sienna MynxNaked by Megan HartTaken By Moonlight by Violette Dubrinsky
Best multicultural / interrracial romances
285th out of 299 books — 244 voters

More lists with this book...

Chantavis
May 19, 2009 Chantavis rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: IR fans
Shelves: interracial
This first time author wrote an excellent story. Imani and Scott have great chemistry and the story flows smoothly. I can't wait to read future works by this author.
Amy
Imani is a perfect match for Scott, a major alpha-male Marine! The sexual tension between this couple is off the charts HOT!! Since Imani is enlisted and Scott is an officer they cannot divulge or act on their attraction to each other. Knowing Imani is getting out soon, Scott can no longer deny what he has wanted for almost four years and goes for it.
I loved Imani’s internal dialogue when she was trying to figure out what Scott’s problem was at the wedding. My only wish was that we could have h
Niki Driscoll
This was an interesting storyline with intriguing characters. The interactions between Scott and Imani were very heated, definitely amusing at times and leading up to an intense passionate outcome. Drama, determination,emotional confusion and a sizzling sexual encounter make this short story an entertaining read. My only compliant was that the missing years from the first sighting to the military departure were not explained, such as their first actual meeting and their responses to each other. ...more
Julianne Redmon
Great short story! I had the weepy glees when I read the epilogue.

Loved Imani as a heroine. Strong and beautiful she knows what she wants. I like that she was willing to do what she thought was "right" no matter how much it hurt her. And Scott as a hero was tough, rugged, and oh so yummy. I needed a fan right along with Imani as he talked to her at work. A man who knows what he wants and goes after it...oh yes!

I teared up in one part (you'll know it when you read it). Then got a big goofy smile
Melissa
This was such a sweet romantic book. Yes, I am a romantic at heart. Imani sees this man when she is heading to her new location as a Marine. She had this instant attraction to him, but he is off limits because he is a Captain. Scott sees Imani and has the same instant attraction to her. Can they both wait to have a future together after she leaves the Marines? Will she leave the Marines? Imani is strong and beautiful.

Scott waited 4 years to have her. He is determined to make her his. Will he be
Geri
This is one of those books you take when you want something to read that is quick but still hot. It is a novella but it still packs a whole lot of heat. First you have an alpha male Marine and add a female Marine, one an officer and one enlisted. But when you look at someone and have that feeling that they are the one, how far are you willing to go? This story delves into that. An officer with an enlisted is against the rules so he fights his feelings until he is pushed to the point of no return ...more
Karlee
Imani is a Marine and when she sees Scott for the first time she knows she wants to be with him. When Scott sees Imani for the first time, he knows she will be his wife. Almost four years after their first encounter, Imani is going to be done with the Marines so if her and Scott get together it wouldn't be too bad now that she would be out. Well a few weeks before she's out, he becomes almost possessive and controlling. Imani seems turned off by this but still chooses to hook up with him. After ...more
Sherri Malia
SEMPER FI !!!
Scott and Imani, both are strong people who know what they want. But they couldn’t be together due to their different ranks in the Marine Corps, no matter how bad they wanted each other. After she ends her tour as a Marine, they have the chance. I loved how they came back together and the sex scenes were just way HOT!!! Characters were well developed and storyline was great. I just wish it could have been a bit longer. Overall, Reana, you’ve done it again!!!
Sara
This was a great short story. I loved Scott and his approach to the relationship with Imani. Scott was alpha all the way, but nothing that Imani couldn't handle. I enjoyed the epilogue that gives more details about the what happened next. Overall, this was a fun read and I would recommend it to any romance lover.
Nichole
So Alpha!

Captain Henry has wanted Iman since see her 3 yrs ago. Now that she was leaving the Marines, this is his chance. Can she take the Alpha male he has been concealing and love a Marine?
Great story and WELL told. I hated his aggressiveness but I loved that he didn't give up! I love a chase. Nice work!
Marcia Walkerdine
This is Scott and Imani’s Story. She is an Enlisted Marine and he is an Officer and fraternization is not allowed with those in the ranks. So they wait nearly 4 years to act upon what has been simmering between them all this time.

I found the story captivating and very engrossing a real page turner. It is short and sweet. My first story by this author based on this story I would read more books by her. I would highly recommend this book.
DivasoftheSerengeti_Lioness
I really enjoyed this story. Reana Malori did a great job portraying love/lust at first sight. The interaction between Imani and Scott is great and they have explosive sexual chemistry. Both of them are in the military and have obstacles to overcome before they can be together. Scott proves to be the ultimate Alpha male and knows what he has to do to make Imani his. This is a great read and I recommend you adding this to your library.

Tasha, Divas of the Serengeti Book Club
Chris
I really didn't like this much. The sex scenes were ok. The Hero was nicely alpha. BUT the dialogue was incredibly stilted. I don't care how many years you spent in the military, no one speaks like that. I will look up other of this author's works to see if her style has matured any.
Tony
Jul 29, 2011 Tony rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: z-list
It's obvious that this was an early writing. The characters were fun though a bit one dimentional expecially Scott and the inner monologue was repetitive. It passed the time and made me laugh.
Carmen
Carmen marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Suzie
Suzie marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Yianni Tsintaris
Yianni Tsintaris marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Reana Malori is a pseudonym for a chick with dreams of world domination. However, if that’s not possible, I’m willing to settle for being one of the best interracial romance / erotica writers on the market (along with some of my favorite authors who already know who they are). I’ve been reading romance novels since the age of 14 and know what appeals to me as reader. The goal is to provide that sa ...more
More about Reana Malori...
Weekend Fling Stay With Me Escape to Heaven (Heaven on Earth Book 1) Salvation: The Italian's Story Second Chances