Tugga-Tugga Tugboat

Tugga-Tugga Tugboat

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  98 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Cast off! . . . anchors aweigh.

Popular collaborators Kevin Lewis and Daniel Kirk have teamed up again to create the perfect read-aloud for bath time or any time. The book brings to life tugboats, tankers, cargo, and more, with a lyrical, repetitive refrain and bold, colorful art.

Toot! Toot!
Board Book, 28 pages
Published June 2nd 2009 by Disney-Hyperion (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Tugga-Tugga Tugboat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tugga-Tugga Tugboat

Bunnyjadwiga
My son liked it, but didn't love it to distraction, the way he did Kevin Lewis' other books, or I'm Mighty!, the McMullen's book about a tugboat. It even appeared to rank below that classic Scuffy the Tugboat. Lewis' trademark round style figures-- the half-real, half-toy characters-- appear here, but there's a great deal more fantasy in his depiction of the tugboat's activities, rather than a 1-to-1 correspondence of the scenery and a landscape constructed of toys. The rhyming is ok, though the...more
Paula
Nico Larocco
We got this from the library again and again. Nico was probably 2 or 3.
Karen
What a team!

Kevin Lewis creates some pitch-perfect poetry for the potty-training set. His writing is so strong it could stand alone and still entertain toddlers and preschoolers. I am glad, however, that Daniel Kirk was brought in to illustrate.

Daniel Kirk's illustrations are practically poetry. They are richly colorful. And delightfully friendly. They, also, could stand alone without any text. But Kevin Lewis' text completes it.

What a team!
Diana
A rhyming story about a tugboat's day, from pulling tankers and barges to putting out fires. My daughter really liked saying "Toot Toot!" along with the tugboat. I liked how the pictures slowly change from a harbor setting to a child's bathtub: the tugboat becomes a toy, the gulls become rubber duckies, and the cargo containers become blocks.
Russell Allison
Great book for 2-3 year old boy. Like Chugga Chugga Choo-Choo, its got great rhythm, bright colors, and really draws the child in as the perspective shifts from a real shipyard to imagination and play in the bath tub.

Fun book!
Ashley Correll
this book is a rhyming book about things a tubboat can do. A tug boat can push and pull. It also talks about a tugboat putting out a fire. This book is very neat and has a lot of great pictures!
Erin
I had high expectations of this one after my boys loving the first 2 bks by this author. But it fell flat; it just didn't get the kids excited about it like the other 2 did.
Amanda_DJ n' Zac
Our bedtime story tonight. lol not the right book when you need two boys to be relaxing rather then jumping around making boat sounds. hahaha
Joy
This story follows a tugboat's exciting day experienced through a child's imaginative bathtime play. Fun to read aloud to young children.
Breeana
Brady (my almost two-year-old) LOVES this book! We always have so much fun reading it. :)
Valerie
have children repeat the refrain, "tugga-tugga tugboat, push and pull and float, boat"
Alisa
Some fun words and illustrations make this book a fun read for little kiddos.
Truman Green
Fun illustrations and simple, yet complex words
Ashley
A really fun read. Porter and I both like it!
Sarah Kramer
Amy
Amy added it
Jul 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
My Truck is Stuck! Chugga-Chugga Choo-Choo The Runaway Pumpkin Not Inside This House! Dinosaur Dinosaur