Start by marking “The Art of Resin Jewelry: Layering, Casting, and Mixed Media Techniques for Creating Vintage to Contemporary Designs” as Want to Read:

3.81  ·  Rating Details  ·  85 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Resin jewelry is made from liquid plastic that magically turns solid when a hardener is added. Pretty cool! The popularity of these resins for jewelry making has soared with the introduction of easy-to-mix, low-odor products, ideal for crafters. Now best-selling author Sherri Haab shows how to put the miracle of modern technology to work making necklaces, bangles, bracelet ...more
Published July 1st 2006 by Potter Craft (first published June 15th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Art of Resin Jewelry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Art of Resin Jewelry

Mortira
Mar 18, 2012 Mortira rated it really liked it
Shelves: ptah
I have always admired the beauty and versatility of resin for jewelry design, and the way it mimics glass without any of the drawbacks. Unfortunately, I can't get past the fact that it is made from petrochemicals, and that crafting with it requires the use of a respirator. I do have to admit that the projects that Sherri Haab demonstrates in this book are gorgeous and inventive.
Amy
Aug 11, 2008 Amy rated it liked it
The projects in this book are mostly not my style, though they show you the wide range of styles and techniques you can use when casting resin. What I did love this book for is the in-depth instructions and tips. I highly recommend this book for anyone wanting to try their hand at resin jewelry.
Nora
Jun 01, 2009 Nora rated it really liked it
I watched the author on Good Things Utah demonstrate one of the crafts (resin bracelet)from this book. It seemed easy and so creative. I've checked out of the library a total of 5 of her books now. This one is the most interesting to me.
Rebecca
Apr 28, 2012 Rebecca rated it really liked it
all of Sherri's books are well thought out and organized, I really like how she explains her materials list, this book could benefit from more step by step info though
Amber Carreras
Sep 18, 2013 Amber Carreras rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crafts
This is a very nice book with great pictures. It taught a few different techniques and had projects which were simple enough for a beginner.
Mon
Mar 16, 2010 Mon rated it liked it
Good book to start to work with resin. well illustrated and explained. But still to basic for a more advance crafter
Tammy Powley
Mar 30, 2008 Tammy Powley rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: mixed media artists
Susan
Mar 17, 2009 Susan rated it really liked it
Really exciting book!
Dolldiva
Jul 14, 2010 Dolldiva rated it really liked it
Shelves:
Love this book!
Aida_maghuly
Aida_maghuly marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Erick
Erick rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2016
Cancha
Cancha rated it it was ok
Jun 27, 2016
Patrick Cupp
Patrick Cupp marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
Jennifer Davis
Jennifer Davis rated it liked it
Apr 29, 2016
Shirlea
Shirlea rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2016
Leigh E. Myers
Leigh E. Myers rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2016
Nicole Laverdure
Nicole Laverdure marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2016
Shelley
Shelley rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2016
Rita
Rita added it
Feb 05, 2016
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
Maribeth Meyer
Maribeth Meyer marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2016
James Godwin
James Godwin rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2016
Samaneh
Samaneh marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2015
Seawana Litthcut
Seawana Litthcut rated it it was amazing
Dec 13, 2015
Marie Z. Johansen
Marie Z. Johansen rated it really liked it
Nov 29, 2015
vanillune
vanillune marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2015
Basma Shaalan
Basma Shaalan marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2015
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2015