Start by marking “Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 6” as Want to Read:
Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 6

Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 6 (Grimm Fairy Tales #6)

3.88  ·  Rating Details  ·  257 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Fairy Tales and Fables have been passed down from generation to generation throughout the world for hundreds of years. But there has never been an adaptation quite like this! With Sela gone, Belinda is having a ball ruining the lives of almost everyone who crosses her path. A lonely puppet-maker creates a son from a cursed piece of wood only to have to face a terrifying re ...more
Published April 24th 2012 by Zenescope (first published June 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 6

Dolly
Aug 11, 2014 Dolly rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: nobody
We inherited this book from my hubby's efforts to clean out his grandmother's house after she passed. The book had belonged to a younger cousin of ours and he knew we liked Grimm's fairy tales and graphic novels. So I thought this might be a hit.

I'm glad that I decided to read it first. We've read different versions of Grimm's Fairy Tales, and I understand that the original stories are quite violent in places, but this was out of control.

It is merely a warped. horrific take on a teenage boy's
Gabriel Fequiere
Jun 01, 2012 Gabriel Fequiere rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I have to say that I really and truly enjoy Zenescope's series Grimm Fairy Tales and and all the various spinoffs (Neverland, Piper, etc). Unless something major happens I will continue to follow this series. My one and only gripe with it is the unnecessary and gratuitous sexuality and objectification of women within the pages. It truly has no place within the story. Now I am by no means a prude but they don't even try to give it purpose. They are no better than the creators over at the bigger p ...more
Sarah Crawford
Feb 23, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it
Pinocchio: Present: A boy's mother has been killed by a thug. Then the fairy tale part, although this Pinocchio is not a good person by any means. This is a thoroughly evil Pinocchio. Again Belinda is involved in what happens.

Three Snake Leaves. Modern day, a guy's wife is dying and he wants to save her. Belinda appears and has the fairy tale book. This ends up to be a vore-type story.

Puss in Boots. Belinda fouling things up again, this time with a woman watching over an ancient Egyptian statue
Emily
Jan 10, 2010 Emily rated it liked it
Shelves: comic-gn-manga
Having not read the first five volumes, I'm definitely missing part of the running bit in the story arc. I know there's something bigger about the redhead who keeps showing up, and I'm guessing something also about the brunette at the end. However, the tales themselves are quite creepy and well done. Pinocchio is particularly sad. Yes, I saw where it was going quite quickly, but it was still a well done journey to get there.

I like that these tales weren't bloody and gruesome so much as they were
David
May 31, 2014 David rated it it was amazing
It's back! The new "best volume" for me. All the factors are aligned - individual stories, artwork, creepiness, and overarching story.

The artwork is back to the quality that I was looking for, not like the previous volume, where it was bad.

The individual stories are great this time around, especially Pinocchio and Dorian Gray. They felt tragic yet horrifying at the same time.

And finally we see someone who's been missing finally make a comeback, with more on the whole good vs evil plot line being
Nicole
Jul 03, 2013 Nicole rated it it was amazing
I cannot stress how much I LOVED this issue, especially “Pinocchio.” Oh my goodness, it was perfect. The new spin was interesting and the art absolutely brilliant. I loved the juxtaposition between the fairy tale and real life aspects. The fairy tale portion of the art was so amazing. His creepy glowing eyes were so haunting!
While the other stories were good, they really paled in comparison to the first. But some major hints dropped about what’s to come in the future, so I look forward to contin
Benni
Oct 11, 2010 Benni rated it really liked it
I'm hooked on this series. Recommended for those who love fairy tales with a twist. Later on in the series the authors develop a mythology arc.
Mark
Oct 01, 2014 Mark rated it liked it
Some of the stories are kind of confusing and the art doesn't generally help when it is. Been that way for a bit now.
Vikas Khair
Nov 10, 2015 Vikas Khair rated it really liked it
nice concept re imaging fairy tales differently. This one is nice re-imaging of all the familiar fairy tales.
Foo
Dec 31, 2015 Foo rated it really liked it
Quite a dark tone for these particular stories
Nicole Shelby
Morgue Anne
Sep 21, 2010 Morgue Anne rated it it was amazing
Book 79/150
Jai
Jai marked it as to-read
May 28, 2016
Celina
Celina added it
May 25, 2016
Morpheus Kitami
Morpheus Kitami rated it liked it
May 21, 2016
Diana 'Dee'
Diana 'Dee' marked it as to-read
May 19, 2016
Melissa-The Book Addict
Melissa-The Book Addict marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
All Graphic
All Graphic marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
Taylor Carter
Taylor Carter rated it really liked it
May 08, 2016
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Autumn
Autumn marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
Jessica Collins
Jessica Collins marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2016
Alisha
Alisha added it
Apr 09, 2016
Stacey Coburn
Stacey Coburn rated it it was amazing
Apr 07, 2016
Samantha McAfee
Samantha McAfee rated it liked it
Apr 03, 2016
Joe
Joe added it
Apr 02, 2016
Edward
Edward marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
  • Fairest, Vol 2: The Hidden Kingdom
  • Legends of Red Sonja
  • Pinocchio, Vampire Slayer and the Great Puppet Theater
  • Wonder Woman: Lifelines
  • Wonder Woman: Amazons Attack!
  • Ms. Marvel, Vol. 4: Monster Smash

Grimm Fairy Tales (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 1