Start by marking “Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5)” as Want to Read:
Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5)

Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy #5)

4.38 of 5 stars 4.38  ·  rating details  ·  201,914 ratings  ·  6,831 reviews
Dimitri gave Rose the ultimate choice. But she chose wrong...

After a long and heartbreaking journey to Dimitri's birthplace in Siberia, Rose Hathaway has finally returned to St. Vladimir's-and to her best friend, Lissa. It is nearly graduation, and the girls can't wait for their real lives beyond the Academy's iron gates to begin. But Rose's heart still aches for Dimitri,
Hardcover, 1st Edition, 489 pages
Published May 18th 2010 by Penguin Razorbill

To ask other readers questions about Spirit Bound, please sign up.

Abby Sorensen
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Sharanya S. it ultimately seems in Bloodlines that Adrian and Sydney are meant for each other more than Rose and Adrian ever had. it also makes Sydney and…moreit ultimately seems in Bloodlines that Adrian and Sydney are meant for each other more than Rose and Adrian ever had. it also makes Sydney and Adrian's relationship even more forbidden, therefore even more addictive for them to continue and even more painful. also, Rose never actually loved Adrian back like he loved her, so in the end its cool that at least Adrian found himself his desired girl ;)(less)
City of Ashes by Cassandra ClareHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickCity of Glass by Cassandra ClareClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareMarked by P.C. Cast
Books That Should Be Made Into Movies
21st out of 20,681 books — 55,535 voters
Mockingjay by Suzanne CollinsSpirit Bound by Richelle MeadDead in the Family by Charlaine HarrisLinger by Maggie StiefvaterClockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
Can't Wait Books of 2010
2nd out of 1,212 books — 10,690 voters

More lists with this book...

Lindsay
ok, so what is going to happen with the adrian/dimiti thing? Ugh, I miss Dimitri, but now Adrian is starting to grow on me .. and whyy didnt she show abe the note from tatiana? it woulda helped her out!
Tatiana
Nov 23, 2010 Tatiana rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: I wouldn't
This book is crap and Rose is a shameless gold-digging two-timer.

Yes-yes, I am in a minority here, but it won't be the first time, nor the last. Spirit Bound is a bad book and I am contemplating to remove Richelle Mead from the list of the authors whose writing I care to follow. She can join my black list next to Beth Fantaskey and Maria V. Snyder. I was willing to give VA another chance after the disappointment Blood Promise was, but no more, this series is taking its path into oblivion along
Shelly Farez
heres for u people 2 enjoy found it

Vampire Academy 5 - Spirit Bound

Author -- -- Richelle Mead

Chapter One

Lissa stared at the letter in shock. But not as much shock as me. I memorized the letter the Dimitri wrote me.

You forgot another lesson: Never turn your back until you know your enemy

is dead. Looks like we'll have to go over the lesson again the next time

I see you-which will be soon.

Love, D

The words were strapped into my head and they weren't moving anywhere. The words 'Which shall be soon' ke
Whitney Atkinson

I can't believe I listened to this in one day. 500 pages has never gone by so fast.
At this point in the vampire academy series, I'm kinda ready for it to be over. I think Rose is absolutely ridiculous and annoying and i'm so tired of her childish words and actions. The last book is sooo long but it seems like everything could've just wrapped up during this one so I have no clue what else there is to solve, which is irritating. Regardless, I can't resist an interesting vampire story and
Kat Kennedy
The good news is this: Spirit Bound is better than Blood Promises.

Now let's all take a deep, satisfying breath of relief for that.

But, there is bad news. The character of Rose, for me, takes a huge hit in this installment.

Spirit Bound is fairly well written. The pacing is pretty good in that you don't have an opportunity to get bored. There are three points in the book that I really feel SHOULD have received far more attention and detail than they should:

Rose's exam, Victor's rescue (What shall
Sarah Jo.
Oct 27, 2009 Sarah Jo. rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: those who have read the first 4 of VA
Shelves: vampire, romance, 2010
Just when you though Rose Hathaway had seen it all...
This book came out.

Rosemarie Hathaway, after loosing her true love, Dimitri, to an unforgivalbe evil, went to earn his honor in Russia. In doing so she met her father, another pair of spirt bound people, and many others she will unlikly ever forget, but also failed to deliver Dimitri to salvation. Now it's Rose's turn to be the prey....but can they save Dimitri before death arives first?

It has finally happend Rose is a gaurdian.
She is strong
Emma Giordano
You know you've read a good book when you turn the final page so ready to start the next chapter but instead you find the acknowledgements and audibly scream "WHAT THE FUCK?!"
  Terri  Shirer
I really hope that Dimitri can be saved. I have a feeling Adrian and Dimitri are half brothers. I heard there will be a spin off of the series. Richelle mead couldn't say who the characters are because it would say who lives or dies and rose would have walk in parts. So obviously Rose lives and I hope Adrian will use spirit to save Dimitri. I think Adrian will end up with Mia or Victoria (given her and Dimitri have different fathers). Hopefully Dimitri will be restored to a Moroi so, he and Rose ...more
Heather
I did it. I know I said that I wouldn’t, but I read Spirit Bound in spite of my boycott. I have no excuse. I’m almost as big a hypocrite as Rose Hathaway. Almost. In my defense, I didn’t decide to read it until after I read every spoiler available via Amazon.com. Therefore, I knew every plot point within this book before I read it, and ironically, it was the very thing that compelled me to read it. Curse my morbid curiosity. Worse, I liked it! I may never forgive myself.
Before I say anything els
Pearl Angeli
"I've given up on you... Love fades. Mine has."

This fifth installment of the Vampire Academy did surprise me. It has a boring and slow start, but when I got into the middle part of it, I was dumbstrucked with all its epicness.

I could not say much about the plot since it will spoil those who haven't yet read this, but the pacing became better. There were more surprising things in the second half of it. Mostly I was stunned by the turn of events-- including that plot twist at the end!

Rose was qu
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Janina
Again, I found this book a bit too long-winded and I have to admit that I skimmed through quite a few pages. Especially the 'action' parts were a little bit boring. Some problems were solved in a rather easy way (the break-in into the guardians' headquarters, for example) and there wasn't one scene when I felt like the life of one of the 'important' characters was at stake.
The relationship-focused parts of the story made up for that a little bit, although Rose's behaviour around Adrian made me
(´*•.¸ღBexღ¸.•*´)
Jun 01, 2010 (´*•.¸ღBexღ¸.•*´) rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to (´*•.¸ღBexღ¸.•*´) by: Everyone
Shelves: own
I find it very challenging to review this book because it was good in so many ways that can't be explained without spoilers. But worry not, this review is Spirit Bound Spoilers Free. I will do my best to express you the passion I felt reading this book, but I'm afraid it's beyond what words can explain.

Spirit Bound starts back at the Academy, it's finally graduation time and Rose has only one more challenge in front of her: The Trials. A final exam planned by guardians to test their ability to
Alycea
ugh! i wish i hadnt read the first 4 books so fast! may 18th is soo far away!

any who, im a huge fan of this series and its been very interesting to read about people's thoughts as to what may happen in spirit bound; here are mine...

As far as Rose and Dimitri go... I love the dhampire Dimitri and Rose relationship dearly but sadly i dont think its gonna work out too well. I was hoping that Dimitri would be un-happy being strigoi or that somehow his love for Rose would transcend the evil and darkn
Arlene
Wow!!! Just wow!! I can now say with certainty that Vampire Academy has just become the classic example of why great books should not be allowed to become series. Spirit Bound IMHO has one of the most angsty demonstrations of how an author can seamlessly annihilate a beloved character to epic proportions.

Dimitri and Rose were the two main reasons I loved Vampire Academy and half of that equation is now missing. What Mead did to Dimitri in Blood Promise and now Spirit Bound has me wondering if I
Lisa
Since a large part of this review is dedicated to my hatred of the romances in this series, I'll start by saying I never liked Rose and Dimitri together because I never understood why they liked each other. Richelle Mead told us that Dimitri and Rose were alike and that's why they were soul mates but she never showed that in the writing. How is Dimitri at all like Rose? Other than fighting, wanting to protect Moroi, and being in love with Rose, which are three things that apply to almost every m ...more
Kate ❣
Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead
Actual Rating: 2.75 Stars

Where to start with this review, hmm, it makes me so sad to rate it so low, even though I didn't hate it.

I did enjoy this book, but i felt like most of the time it was dragging on and their was not one interesting storyline, or strong plot. It got the two stars because of my disappointment, that's all.
That was, until the ending that bumped up my rating! Thank goodness, we finally have a seemingly great new storyline, that i hope will not be
Giselle
OK this is what i think is going to happen . Rose and lisa will have some close calls with dimitri trying to get to her. but the part that people dont understand is that dimitri WONT kill rose but turn her . i know he said it like a million times but he wont . why do you think he's forgivin her all those times she's tried to kill him . when she was going to kill her self by jumping off the bridge , he was pleading her not to and saved her from falling . why would he do that if he wanted her dead ...more
LethalLovely~You Knew Who I Was With Every Step That I Ran to You
Noor Alwani
THERE’S A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN death threats and love letters---even if the person writing the death threats and love letters---even if the person writing the death threats still claims to actually love you. Of course, considering I once tried to kill someone I loved, maybe I had no right to judge.
Today’s letter had been perfectly timed, not that I should have expected any less, I’d read it four times so far, and even though I was running late, I couldn’t help but read it a 5th time.
My deare
kari
Dec 17, 2013 kari rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2010, ya, 2013
Tynga
I find it very challenging to review this book because it was good in so many ways that can’t be explained without spoilers. But worry not, this review is Spirit Bound Spoilers Free. I will do my best to express you the passion I felt reading this book, but I’m afraid it’s beyond what words can explain.

Spirit Bound starts back at the Academy, it’s finally graduation time and Rose has only one more challenge in front of her: The Trials. A final exam planned by guardians to test their ability to p
Emma
So, I was thinking about giving this book 3 stars but ended up in 4. The reason I thought about it was because this book kind of annoyed me a lot. Yes, there were happy parts that I really much enjoyed as well as exciting parts when I couldn't stop reading. But something just irritated me in this book. Still, I definitely recommend you to pick this series up! Gogogo and read it!

Now some spoilers and discussion!

Alright then.

Somehow it seems that Adrian has moved up to be one of my favourite
Hyde
I LOVE this series! <333
The wait for May 18 is going to be long and cruel. lol

Any who, heres what I think is going to happen: Rose, Lissa, and Adrian are going to go bust Vicktor out of prison, they'll find Robert, && get the information they need. Dimitri will find them, && he'll fight with Rose. Then instead of Lissa bringing Dimitri back, it'll be Adrian. Making them bondmates (can you say drama?!). Then I think the 6th book will be all about all 4 of them trying to stop Vi
Bule.read moreno
Daiane
Kristi
How awesome is this series?! If you haven’t read these books, you really should. They are fantastically written and just plain ole’ awesome. I know a lot of people are burnt out on the whole vampire genre as a whole, but as strange as it sounds these novels aren’t really about vampires.... I mean they are, but they are about friendship, love, adventure, sacrifice, heartache...... so so very much more than vampires. I mean if you have to, you can just pretend like they aren’t vampires....

I’ve lo
The Flooze
Dramatic, certainly. And relatively well-paced, in a way that makes this installment slightly better than the rest. Instead of taking place at St. Vladimir’s Academy, the majority of Spirit Bound finds Rose, Lissa and friends either out in the real world or inside the Moroi court. Yes, Blood Promise was also set outside the confines of the school atmosphere, but having Rose’s friends around her means we have more characters to focus on and a more balanced story.

Unfortunately, it’s still one wit
Heather
GOT ME HOLDING MY BREATHE TIL THE LAST ONE COME OUT!!!! what is going to happen to Rose??? YAAY!!! Dimitri is back!!!!
Laz
Jan 11, 2015 Laz rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: vampire addicts
“Dreams, dreams. I walk them; I live them. I delude myself with them. It's a wonder I can spot reality anymore.”

I'm sure y'all know that Rose failed. She failed to keep her promise, when her chance came to kill Dimitri she failed to drive the stake through his heart, instead she missed and just pushed him down a cliff. He lived and at the end of the book, after Rose has returned to the Vampire Academy she receives a letter by Dimitri:

“You forgot another lesson: Never turn your back until you
  • Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires, #6)
  • Jealousy (Strange Angels, #3)
  • The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden, #2)
  • The Van Alen Legacy (Blue Bloods, #4)
  • The Reckoning (Darkest Powers, #3)
  • Origin (Lux, #4)
  • The Wedding of Antanasia Jessica Packwood and Lucius Valeriu Vladescu (Jessica, #1.5)
  • Radiant Shadows (Wicked Lovely, #4)
  • Stake That (Blood Coven Vampire, #2)
  • Hourglass (Evernight, #3)
  • Foretold: 14 Tales of Prophecy and Prediction

A life-long reader, Richelle has always loved mythology and folklore. When she can actually tear herself away f
More about Richelle Mead...

Vampire Academy (6 books)
  • Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1)
  • Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2)
  • Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3)
  • Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4)
  • Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6)
Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2) Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3) Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4) Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6)

10 trivia questions
19 quizzes
More quizzes & trivia...
“He has no right to threaten my boyfriends. I'm eighteen. An adult. I don't need his help. I can threaten my boyfriends myself.” 1836 likes
“I've given up on you...Love fades. Mine has.” 1130 likes