Start by marking “Life Millennium: The 100 Most Important Events and People of the Past 1,000 Years” as Want to Read:

The flush toilet and the discovery of the potato. The Declaration of Independence and the invention of plastic. The first novel and man's first steps on the moon. These are some of the 100 most important events, discoveries and magnificent moments of the past 1,000 years, as selected - and ranked - by the editors of Life in this highly readable and lushly illustrated tour ...more
Published July 16th 1999 by Bulfinch Press (first published September 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Life Millennium, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Life Millennium

Fishface
Feb 06, 2016 Fishface rated it liked it
I'm not sure I agree with the editors about which events are the most significant in history, but they certainly were the most newsworthy. Fine photos of all kinds.
Wayland Smith
Nov 29, 2014 Wayland Smith rated it it was ok
It's pretty much what you'd expect-- a big picture book of major events. It tries to cover so much there's no depth, but it's decent surface covering of various historical incidents.

It's not really a read so much as a skim through. Fluff writing but some very nice pictures.
Simon
Aug 07, 2011 Simon rated it it was ok
The same as the other books that relate to this subject in a nutshell really. The same stories and same information, just told by another person with their own point of view. I respect all sides of the same story, even if the story has been told a hundred thousand times. But aren't we all guilty of telling a story that someone else has told before? That's where the structure of social life immerses from. It flows through all of us so that we can all know and be who we are, human.

Of all important
Paul
Dec 24, 2007 Paul rated it it was amazing
We hear so much about recent history, but this gives a great perspective on what events led to the events of today...things we don't even think of...and, as always, great photography.
Jennifer Daniel
Jun 06, 2009 Jennifer Daniel rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I haven't met a book in this series I didn't like. A super condensed history lesson of the last 1000 years. Plus I'm a sucker for an oversized book chock full of glossy photos.
Hilary
Oct 02, 2013 Hilary rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Hilary by: no one
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! jusevert says it all.
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2016
Pamela N.
Pamela N. rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2016
Skylar Scruggs
Skylar Scruggs rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2016
Karen Segerberg
Karen Segerberg marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
May 24, 2016
Valerie Simmers
Valerie Simmers rated it liked it
Apr 22, 2016
Dhanish Jose
Dhanish Jose marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2016
Sunderbug
Sunderbug marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
Chloe
Chloe added it
Jan 26, 2016
Jesse
Jesse added it
Jan 17, 2016
Shawn Evans
Shawn Evans rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2016
Innate
Innate added it
Dec 29, 2015
Kathryn
Kathryn marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2015
Diocletian
Diocletian rated it liked it
Nov 23, 2015
Mandi Sturgill
Mandi Sturgill rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2015
K.j.
K.j. marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2015